Potomac October 2013 DE - Page 9 - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Technical & Track Disussions > Track Talk » Potomac October 2013 DE

Track Talk A place to talk about Track and DE Events, share driving tips and other Track related items.

Old 10-28-2013, 04:36 PM

Mrs. B-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausgeflippt951 View Post
Thanks -- congrats Mia! Holy cow...
Holy cow - What the F were they thinking? Or Holy Cow, that is really great news? Xoxox
2009 White Cayman S #271 (GTB1 Class)
2015 White Boxster S
2015 Blue Cayenne Diesel
1972 911 S - color in process

His, all his: B-man's 2005 White GT3 Cup Car plus a number of other ones whose seats are not able to be adjusted so my legs can't reach the pedals so I can't drive them.

GONE: This list got too long.

GTB1 TRIPLE PODIUM WINNER xoxo
2015 Potomac Club Race Rookie of the Year
Old 10-28-2013, 04:39 PM
Shock Whisperer

ausgeflippt951 has one HoF thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. B-Man View Post
Holy cow - What the F were they thinking? Or Holy Cow, that is really great news? Xoxox

No it was "Holy Cow I thought you were just promo'd to Black recently". Maybe I'm just confusing the promo with becoming an instructor? Either way it was a good kind of "Holy Cow".

'86 951: lucky number 13...rare 6.0L edition.
'06 M3: hers.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:09 PM

Paul99Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundel View Post
Same here but a rear line and mine failed all of a sudden with the pedal to the floor.

PCA Brake Line Rupture - YouTube

Thanks Mr Mustang for letting me through. Paul? did not hear the horn, but I was doing whatever I could to find a gap! It is better to be lucky than good.
Wow Bob thanks for posting the video. That must have been when your foot went to the floor. Very cool that you were able to deal with the situation and be thinking of every possible way to communicate like using your horn. Unfortunately the Cobra exhaust note was overriding your horn but was very much aware of your car position and was thinking that you just like driving your car into turn 1 pretty deep In all seriousness a few of us had a front row seat to some impressive car control with your ability to drive the car through turn 1. Well done.

Cathy and I had a another great time with our extended PCA family! A big thanks to Brian and Irfan for taking the time to drive with me and offer great advice!!

Collin I had the most fun driving behind you and just enjoying the view. Other than being in Dan Dazzo's car at Watkins Glen a few year ago and experiencing what it was like to be driven at 10/10ths I think I witnessed what it looks like from the trailing car being driven at 10/10th . Well done.

Congrats to our fellow drivers in White that got bumped to black!! Yes Gary that's you my friend!!

Mia congrats on your advancement to Red. Does that mean you get to drive the cup car. Isn't that a fitting congrats from your hubby

Also a big thanks to all of the volunteers that put in so much time to make these events run so well!!
2001 Roush Mustang
1972 Detomaso Pantera (sold)
1969 Mach I (sold)
Old 10-28-2013, 05:20 PM

CanAm

Good event, and good season aside from some unfortunate incidents. Hopefully next season will be better in that regard.

Finally got my 997 back from the shop after being rear-ended on the road, and it ran great. Then Fatih was kind (foolish?) enough to let me drive his GT3 and, well, it was better than my car in every way. In retrospect, I should have damaged it just enough that I would have been forced to buy it. And the event got me wondering how long I'll be content driving a stock street car with high-end street tires, given the equipment we generally see in Black and Red. Hmm ...

But at least I have 6-pt and HANS in it, and I was a little surprised to see how many people have harnesses without a HANS. Glad to see that the issue is getting some attention.

Annabelle is doing well, consistent with her pattern of getting 90% of my results with half my effort. I knew something was up when her karting lap times got within a second of mine. I'll be happy when her driving matches my level, and even happier if she surpasses me. I like girl power.

Really enjoyed working with my student, we had fun. And also got to ride with Paul in his loud-ass Cobra, and he rode with me also so that he could see how a car feels when the engine is in the right place. One of my comments to Paul was that "you won't be getting a comment from me that you need to go faster."

Regarding 'the line', what I've heard from pros fits my experience in multiple cars: the faster I go, the earlier my turn-in needs to be, apex becomes earlier/longer, and the car rotates more through the whole corner. But try that at lower speed and good luck staying on the track.

Lots of checkout rides this event, and congrats to all who were promoted.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:33 PM

Potomac-Greg

Is this going to become a club sandwich thread of:

Should I get a faster car because other people have faster cars? (3 pages)
Should anyone with a harness need a HANS? (1 page)
Should anyone with a harness need a cage (2 pages)

Old 10-28-2013, 05:35 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Trak Ratt has one HoF thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. B-Man View Post
Both?? Post pics of the nail! I told L and she wants to see the "art"

I hope to arrive to my death, late, in love, and a little drunk!

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand... Homer Simpson

"That's what's keeping me out of F1.... Too much mental maturity...." N0tt0n

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.

CHAOS, PANIC, AND DISORDER my work here is done...

Live without pretending, Love without depending, Listen without defending, Speak without offending
Old 10-28-2013, 05:57 PM
I need another Porsche

Patrick3000

Quote:
Fun part was that due to the turbo + cold weather, my car made a MILLION HORSEPOWER. I loved attempting to keep up with Paul in his Cobra and Karl in his 914.
That was really fun, especially after working so hard to catch you and you just lit the turbo on the straight, simply wasn't going to let that fly

Lucky owner of a couple of 911’s and another Porsche or two
Old 10-28-2013, 07:44 PM

Mark Hubley

Great seeing everyone. Great way to end the season. Thanks to everyone involved in making another fun, safe, and educational weekend!

Special thanks to Carson for riding shotgun in the fastest 924S at Summit Point

Learned a good lesson in keeping an eye on tire pressures. Things get a bit squirrelly with 42 PSI in the Direzzas

Formerly owned Porsche/BMW:
1986 944 Turbo
2006 325i
2000 911
1987 924S
1999 Boxster
1986 944
Old 10-28-2013, 08:22 PM

hobiecat

Had a very interesting and fun weekend. Great way to end the season!!!!

a) Burned up every remaining r-comp tire I own - they're all shot.
b) Broke my shift linkage on Friday - but fixed it (thanks to help from Tony P)
c) Ran off track for the first time EVER on Saturday - in Turn 5. (there may be video of this.....)
d) Fixed Gary B's leaky 911. Hopefully he made it home without incident.
e) Set a personal best of 1:27.6 on Sunday. (I have data to support this claim)
f) Skeptically listened to Vranko "claim" to have run a 1:22 (even though there I'm fairly certain there is no data to support this claim - there may be video......)

All in all, I ran every Potomac event this year (well, I probably shouldn't count the Glen, since most of it was while driving
other people's cars). Even ran the Club Race this year. Working Tech was great! Gave me an opportunity
to meet a lot more people and see a lot of great cars. Thanks to everyone who volunteered and especially
to those folks who gave me advice, coaching, mentoring and/or let me drive their car when mine was broken.
Congrats to all the promotees!!!

Looking forward to next year!
1987 944S - Black #303 - Zeus Suit Racing
2007 Boxster S - Carrara White - Daily Driver

"Life is too short to have a boring car"
Old 10-28-2013, 08:26 PM

Mrs. B-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trak Ratt View Post
Both?? Post pics of the nail! I told L and she wants to see the "art"
Yes, both. Nail picture below. A lot of discussion of which flags should go on the middle fingers. Roundel had some nice thoughts about what kind of debris is on my pointer finger. Eew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoBurgess View Post
it was a pleasure to have mia as my instructor for the weekend. hubby better be looking for you in the mirror.
Otto, you were such a good listener and made some great progress, especially since it was your first event in Blue. Keep at it! And, uh, PUH-LEASE. I start giving Mr. B-man the point-by a half-a-track back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoBurgess View Post
i want to apologize for the missing or not missing the standing black flag.
Must have been the confusion with my finger nails while I was instructing you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vranko View Post
I'd also like to thank ausgeflippt951 (Collin) and 987kmns (Mihnea) for helping me attain a constant stream of personal bests last weekend.
Great job, Vranko. Now, if you could take some more things out of your car and make it lighter, maybe you'll hit 120!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vranko View Post
Beware starting a pass right before pit out. I was halfway across the track when pit out let a car out. Right in front of me.
Ditto, same thing happened to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul99Cobra View Post
Does that mean you get to drive the cup car. Isn't that a fitting congrats from your hubby
Get to DRIVE it? My legs don't reach and the seat isn't adjustable. Well, that is his story and he's sticking to it![/QUOTE]

Quote:
Maybe I'm just confusing the promo with becoming an instructor?.
Shhh, don't tell my students I'm new to instructing! I learn from one of the best, at least, Mr. B-man. He shares all of his secrets with me.
Attached Images

2009 White Cayman S #271 (GTB1 Class)
2015 White Boxster S
2015 Blue Cayenne Diesel
1972 911 S - color in process

His, all his: B-man's 2005 White GT3 Cup Car plus a number of other ones whose seats are not able to be adjusted so my legs can't reach the pedals so I can't drive them.

GONE: This list got too long.

GTB1 TRIPLE PODIUM WINNER xoxo
2015 Potomac Club Race Rookie of the Year