FS: 1984 911 Coupe - $59.9K - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Classifieds > Porsche & BMW Cars For Sale/Wanted » FS: 1984 911 Coupe - $59.9K

Porsche & BMW Cars For Sale/Wanted Post For Sale or WTB adds for Porsche & BMW cars here. Strictly moderated.

Old 03-27-2022, 09:28 AM

Blender77
Default FS: 1984 911 Coupe - $59.9K

***Posting here before I go to one of the auction sites in case someone local has any interest.***

BASICS:

- 1984 Porsche 911 Coupe
- Zinnmetallic (956/U3)
- Black standard interior with sport seats
- 113,5XX miles
- 6” & 7” Fuchs with new Continental ExtremeContact Sport tires
- Engine/transmission rebuilt
- Exterior repainted in original color
- Certificate of Authenticity, original window sticker and purchase documents, stamped maintenance book, some previous owner records, detailed records from current owner
- Located in Northern Virginia
- Offered for sale at $59.9K

DETAILS:

Rick Cabell (Eurotech in Vermont) sympathetically restored this car in 2011 with 99K on the odometer. Rick is well known in the Porsche community, has restored numerous cars, and is active on Pelican and the Early S Registry.

The original clear coat had failed (a common problem for metallic paints Porsche used in the 70’s and 80’s), so Rick completely disassembled the car (removed rubber, trim, bumpers, mirrors; dropped engine/transmission ) and refinished it in the original color to a very high standard. Only the exterior panels were repainted, so the original door jam stickers, vin tags, engine bay stickers, and trunk lid stickers are all in tact.

At the same time, he tore down the engine and replaced the lower end bearings, valves, and valves guides. He disassembled the transmission, inspected all of the components for wear / fatigue, and found only one synchro required replacement. He replaced the clutch package as well. Rick also went through the wheel bearings and brake system and refurbished / replaced items as needed.

He also replaced the original dash and rear parcel shelf due to leather shrinkage / warping. He replaced with non-leather pieces for maximum durability.

I purchased the car through Rick via his Pelican Parts add in May 2017 with 109K on the odometer. During my ownership, I have accomplished the following in addition to the normal annual services:

- Completed major post-purchase service: Leak down test, replaced all fluids, valve adjustment, replaced spark plugs, adjusted fuel mixture, replaced sticking left front caliper
- Installed Continental radio and Focal speakers
- Replaced battery with Odyssey PC925 and Rennline battery mount
- Installed Continental ExtremeSport Contacts
- Refurbished and installed sports seats
- Installed vintage Momo steering wheel and hub extension
- Replaced brake master cylinder
- Rebuilt brake booster
- Replaced engine mounts
- Replaced shifter bushings
- Replaced trunk lid shocks
- Replaced blower motor cover
- Installed new trunk felt carpeting

Car is a driver, so does have some issues:

- Seatbelts are tired and do not retract without assistance
- Small paint flaw / issue on the front air dam near the driver-side bumper accordion
- Windshield has some pitting

Even with these issues, I would conservativeIy rate the car to be Hagerty 3+ condition.

Car currently has 113.5K miles, is mechanically excellent, and has better than factory paint with minimal chipping / rash. I have the Certificate of Authenticity, the original window sticker and purchase documents, stamped maintenance book, some records from previous owners, and detailed records from my ownership. Offered for sale at $59.9K.

Car is located in Northern Virginia and is still in winter storage. More detailed photos will be available once the annual Spring service has been completed and the car has been properly detailed.

PM me or text 81seven 3six6 eight704 for more details.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9852.jpg (589.7 KB, 210 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9850.jpg (584.8 KB, 206 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9854.jpg (433.7 KB, 204 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9855.jpg (518.9 KB, 207 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9861.jpg (610.1 KB, 207 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9849.jpg (562.9 KB, 208 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9862.jpg (747.4 KB, 206 views)
Old 03-28-2022, 07:14 PM

Blender77

SOLD pending full payment.
Old 03-28-2022, 09:25 PM
Colorado's finest

Dr K has two HoF threadsDr K has two HoF threads

Purchaser should look into replacing the headlight bulbs with LEDs from Engelbert. Better lights and maintains the stock sugar scoop look compared with H4s or H1s. Congrats on the sale!

2016 Cayman S
1999 Miata ("SM") race car
2016 Toyota Highlander--tow vehicle/wife's DD
2017 VW GTI SE (DD)

Gone and missed:
1992 Miata ("SSM") race car
2009 911 C2S Coupe
2004 Toyota Prius - sold to son's girlfriend
2006 Dodge Durango
2003 Acura MDX
86 Black 911 Coupe race car
86 Gold 911 Targa