3rd radiator install question 987.2 - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Technical & Track Disussions > Porsche Technical Discussions » 3rd radiator install question 987.2

Porsche Technical Discussions Porsche related technical discussions and questions go here.

Old 07-20-2019, 11:42 AM

JoeG
Default 3rd radiator install question 987.2

I've installed a 3rd radiator, drained all the coolant and getting ready to add new coolant to my 987.2. Before I button it up I was wondering what that pawn shaped object is in the first photo and where does it attach? I have a feeling it attaches to the front grill but not certain. Thank you, Joe
Attached Images

Old 07-20-2019, 01:00 PM

nikkoman

If that is on the passenger side by the horn, then it is the ambient air temp probe. It just pops into hole in the passenger side radiator shroud.
Old 07-20-2019, 02:34 PM

JoeG

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkoman View Post
If that is on the passenger side by the horn, then it is the ambient air temp probe. It just pops into hole in the passenger side radiator shroud.
Yes, passenger side near the horn. Thanks for the quick response.
Old 07-20-2019, 05:51 PM

spiffyjiff

haha before i even knew what or where that thing was, i remember coming off track one session and that thing had apparently retreated into the bumper. the dash temp said 120 or something. i was like, dayum i'm really blazing it up out here!
Old 07-21-2019, 03:42 PM

JoeG

LOL. Yeah, I needed to figure out what that part was and where it attached before installing the bumper. In this heat it's not something I wanted to redo.

Glad this job is done and I can expect 20-30 degrees cooler engine coolant temps at PorscheFest. Installing the radiator was not difficult and there are a few good youtube videos on the procedure. The biggest PITA was the screw behind the side marker light.