If you are not getting emails from Dorkiphus - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Miscellaneous Discussions > Problems, Support & BBS Questions » If you are not getting emails from Dorkiphus

Problems, Support & BBS Questions Please post board related problems in this section for resolution. We know there are some furballs out there so let hear about them.

Old 03-22-2016, 01:46 AM
Site Admin

Jazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threads
Default If you are not getting emails from Dorkiphus

If you are not getting emails from Dorkiphus, check your SPAM/Junk email folder. I perform regular checks on the board to monitor it's ability to send email and keep the server on public email whitelists, so if you are not getting email from the board in the following cases:
  • Questions to the admins
  • New user registration
  • PM/new post notifications
there is a 99% chance that either your email program or email server is deleting the emails because it thinks Dorki emails are SPAM. This is pretty common with automated emails like those that are sent from a forum like this. Now, I know - you are the one exception. Almost everyone whose email gets eaten by the SPAM filter says this. Trust me - you're most likely not the exception where the forum software simply stopped sending emails for a moment and yours got lost in the ether. No, most likely your email server deleted the email before you ever saw it, and unfortunately there's nothing I can do about this.

Here's the cherry on top: when this happens and you send me emails via the admin/support email address about not getting notification emails, I respond. And many times you don't get my response because, well, your sever thinks email from dorkiphus.net is spam!

So if you are having problems registering and not getting the email confirmation, check your SPAM folder. If you have emailed me directly for help and not gotten a response, check your SPAM folder. If you still get nothing, try registering with a different address - one from a major free email provider like Gmail or Yahoo. 90% of the time it's company/private email address that eat Dorki notifications. I keep Dorki on whitelists for the major free providers so we're usually pretty good there.
1999 E46 328i
Old 03-22-2016, 09:26 AM
Senior Curmudgeon

Trak Ratt has one HoF thread

Name:  spam.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  8.0 KB

Wait... I should be getting emails????

I hope to arrive to my death, late, in love, and a little drunk!

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand... Homer Simpson

"That's what's keeping me out of F1.... Too much mental maturity...." N0tt0n

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.

CHAOS, PANIC, AND DISORDER my work here is done...

Live without pretending, Love without depending, Listen without defending, Speak without offending
Old 03-22-2016, 09:31 AM

N0tt0N has five HoF threadsN0tt0N has five HoF threadsN0tt0N has five HoF threadsN0tt0N has five HoF threadsN0tt0N has five HoF threads

Didn't you subscribe to "Turning the Other Cheek: Daily Contemplations from Zen Master Black Talon"?
2016 Mazda CX-5 (Her DD)
2002 Boxster S (Gone) - Ragtop Blechster - Pura Patina!

Dorkiphus: I buy it for the articles
Old 03-22-2016, 09:34 AM
Make Dorki Great Again

BlackTalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by N0tt0N View Post
Didn't you subscribe to "Turning the Other Cheek: Daily Contemplations from Zen Master Black Talon"?
TR has a pic of himself turning the other cheek that he posts regularly; no need for him to subscribe to my list.

- 2021 quickly disappearing...
Old 03-22-2016, 09:54 AM
Senior Curmudgeon

Trak Ratt has one HoF thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackTalon View Post
TR has a pic of himself turning the other cheek that he posts regularly; no need for him to subscribe to my list.

I hope to arrive to my death, late, in love, and a little drunk!

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand... Homer Simpson

"That's what's keeping me out of F1.... Too much mental maturity...." N0tt0n

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.

CHAOS, PANIC, AND DISORDER my work here is done...

Live without pretending, Love without depending, Listen without defending, Speak without offending
Old 06-06-2018, 05:13 PM

spiffyjiff

sooooo did anyone else's email notifs stop coming thru at the end of April or "is it just me"? (or did i miss another memo??)

mine is private gmail account and i changed zero dorki CP settings recently. i do get about 1/2 dozen misc spam folder hits a day so i would think that folder would also catch dorki mail if they all of a sudden decided to funnel there.

so before i try to troubleshoot / test by changing my settings / set up a diff email addy, etc, anyone? anyone? bueller?
Old 06-06-2018, 05:40 PM

Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiffyjiff View Post
sooooo did anyone else's email notifs stop coming thru at the end of April or "is it just me"? (or did i miss another memo??)

mine is private gmail account and i changed zero dorki CP settings recently. i do get about 1/2 dozen misc spam folder hits a day so i would think that folder would also catch dorki mail if they all of a sudden decided to funnel there.

so before i try to troubleshoot / test by changing my settings / set up a diff email addy, etc, anyone? anyone? bueller?
Not just you -- I haven't received Dorki emails in a few months. They are not in Spam either.
PCA Potomac Chief Driver Ambassador

#21 (Ladybug) and #28 (Bumblebee)
Old 06-06-2018, 05:42 PM

Dandelion

Thank gods.

ed

2016 GT4
2012 Cayman R
2005 Lotus Elise
1994 RX-7 R2
Old 06-06-2018, 06:42 PM

spiffyjiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandelion View Post
Thank gods.

ed
What, you're happy that someone is finally commiserating with me? or are you saying the issue is affecting #YouToo?
Old 06-06-2018, 06:55 PM

N0tt0N has five HoF threadsN0tt0N has five HoF threadsN0tt0N has five HoF threadsN0tt0N has five HoF threadsN0tt0N has five HoF threads

Maybe you could all become pen pals
2016 Mazda CX-5 (Her DD)
2002 Boxster S (Gone) - Ragtop Blechster - Pura Patina!

Dorkiphus: I buy it for the articles