TechTactics live - Page 2 - Dorkiphus.net

Porsche Technical Discussions Porsche related technical discussions and questions go here.

Old 04-28-2020, 09:25 AM

87turbolook911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr K View Post
Hey Vu, one thing I didn't see in the video or comments - if the car has been waxed (which made the chips show much more since the wax stayed in the edges of the chips which I believe are mostly in the clear coat), do you do something to remove the wax before repair? With pain color still showing well in all the "chips" I might try clay or correcting cream before going with Dr. Colorchip...

Peter
Yes, you'll want to get the existing wax out of the chip. I like to use SD20, but any cleaner/degreaser will work. If the chip is only in the clear coat, you can try to remove with correcting cream. If you are brave you can wet sand with 3000 grit and then repolish afterwards. BE VERY CAREFUL YOU DO NOT BURN THE PAINT.
Old 04-28-2020, 09:04 PM

JoeG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87turbolook911 View Post
Love this, this is the reason we do this stuff. Did you happen to get more pictures during the project? Or maybe a picture of you and your son with the parts and car? Would love to share your story.

Yes, the connector there is for the mounted cell phone option. Basically contains power, ground and switched 12v.
Pictures have been submitted to PCA