Schroth Profi 2 ASM 4 Point Harness in Black (drivers side) - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Classifieds > Porsche & BMW Parts For Sale/Wanted » Schroth Profi 2 ASM 4 Point Harness in Black (drivers side)

Porsche & BMW Parts For Sale/Wanted Have Porsche/BMW clutter? Need something for your car? Post For Sale or WTB adds here. Strictly moderated.

Old 04-21-2024, 09:58 AM

TWSTDVW
Default Schroth Profi 2 ASM 4 Point Harness in Black (drivers side)

Like new condition Schroth Profi 2 ASM 4 point harness in black that converts to a 6 point with sub belts, if desired. This harnesses is for the drivers side.

Expiration of 2027

$300
Old 04-21-2024, 10:00 AM

TWSTDVW

Picture
Attached Images
File Type: jpg schroth profi 2 asm 4 .jpg (267.4 KB, 55 views)
Old 04-22-2024, 05:50 AM

Dandelion

Are these designed for a specific car? PCA DE Tech Form has specific requirements:

"4-point Schroth harnesses are allowed if in full compliance with strict PCA guidelines: they must be designed for that specific vehicle model, the vehicle-tag must remain attached to the belt system, and the stock seats must be in place."

2016 GT4
2012 Cayman R
2005 Lotus Elise
1994 RX-7 R2
Old 04-22-2024, 01:32 PM

TWSTDVW

They are not designed for a specific car. I have the same model of harness in my 944 and am running Schroth sub straps https://www.schrothracing.com/item/s...ries-harnesses

Last edited by TWSTDVW; 04-22-2024 at 01:50 PM.
Old 04-23-2024, 10:23 AM

vranko has one HoF thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandelion View Post
Are these designed for a specific car? PCA DE Tech Form has specific requirements:

"4-point Schroth harnesses are allowed if in full compliance with strict PCA guidelines: they must be designed for that specific vehicle model, the vehicle-tag must remain attached to the belt system, and the stock seats must be in place."
It's the QuickFit (no HANS) and QuickFit Pro (HANS) harnesses (that tie into the rear seat belt buckles) that are car model specific. See: https://www.schrothracing.com/item/s...ning-Harnesses. The Profi 2 ASM 4 Point Harness are technically not allowed based upon the tech inspection form. Although I'm not sure what would be the ruling based upon the sub strap use, and seat used. Just the 4-point Profi 2 ASM is not allowed, is my understanding. I 'believe' the Profi 2 ASM 4 Point with the sub straps would be considered a 6-point system and therefore acceptable.

2024 BMW G87 ///M2 (Next 444)
2021 Toyota Supra GR (The Bupra, Other 444)
2016 BMW M235
2015 Porsche Cayenne Diesel
2007 Cayman S, #444
2013 Golf R
2012 BWM x5
2017 Mazda MX-5 Club
3 time DE Parade Lap Champion
#BestInstructorEver - Unknown

Last edited by vranko; 04-23-2024 at 10:39 AM.
Old 04-23-2024, 11:31 AM

Chopper Dropper

Quote:
Originally Posted by vranko View Post
It's the QuickFit (no HANS) and QuickFit Pro (HANS) harnesses (that tie into the rear seat belt buckles) that are car model specific. See: https://www.schrothracing.com/item/s...ning-Harnesses. The Profi 2 ASM 4 Point Harness are technically not allowed based upon the tech inspection form. Although I'm not sure what would be the ruling based upon the sub strap use, and seat used. Just the 4-point Profi 2 ASM is not allowed, is my understanding. I 'believe' the Profi 2 ASM 4 Point with the sub straps would be considered a 6-point system and therefore acceptable.
Tricky one. If the 4 point is designed to give way on one side to act like a "3 point" then I would be very suspicious even with a sub belt "technically" making it a 5/6 point.
Dirk
1971 914/6 (Factory) 3.2 Track car
1988 911 Targa
1986 944
Old 04-23-2024, 01:37 PM
Make Dorki Great Again

BlackTalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper Dropper View Post
Tricky one. If the 4 point is designed to give way on one side to act like a "3 point" then I would be very suspicious even with a sub belt "technically" making it a 5/6 point.
Dirk
Agreed in concept, but the belts pictured look like normal shoulder and lap belts used in full harness setups.

- 2024 is the year, beeches...
Old 04-23-2024, 02:19 PM

Dandelion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackTalon View Post
Agreed in concept, but the belts pictured look like normal shoulder and lap belts used in full harness setups.
They are ASM belts (have one shoulder which allows the upper body to rotate):
https://www.schrothracing.com/item/p...ia-4-point-asm

ed

2016 GT4
2012 Cayman R
2005 Lotus Elise
1994 RX-7 R2
Old 04-23-2024, 03:44 PM
Make Dorki Great Again

BlackTalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandelion View Post
They are ASM belts (have one shoulder which allows the upper body to rotate):
https://www.schrothracing.com/item/p...ia-4-point-asm

ed
Hmmm, I see that -- thanks. Yet they also say it's good for use in a 6-pt setup. But the twist would seem to not be desirable for a full harness system, which is intended to keep you firmly in the seat during an impact. And the comment about HANS is not confidence-inspiring.

"The Profi II ASM is designed to be used as a four point system. For this reason it is perfect for use in Driver Education cars or any other application where stock seats are retained. A seat that was not originally desiged for use with a racing restraint should never be modified to accept an sub strap.

The Profi II ASM incorporates Schroth's legendary ASM (Anti-SubMarining) technology that is the only thing like it on the market. ASM is an extra fold of material sewn into the right shoulder belt that elongates at a different rate than the outboard belt. This allows your upper torso to twist slightly. On the rebound phase, your torso is planted firmly back in the seat rather than allowed to slide under the lap belt.

The Profi II ASM shoulder is only available in 3" width but is still suitable for use with a Forward Neck Restraint such as a HANS device

You can add a dual sub strap to make this belt into a 6 point at any time. We have recently tested this harness with a HANS device, and the results were great. So you can in fact use this harness with a HANS device.

Another feature unique to the Profi Series 2" lap belts is the "Flexi Belt". The End Fittings and Cam Latches are wrapped into the harness, making it so that the lap belt can be changed from a Pull Up configuration to a Pull Down. This allows you to set the belt up just the way you want it for your specific situation. It also allows for Bolt In brackets to be wrapped in for the lap belts if needed. Snap in brackets come standard on the laps.

The Shoulders come ready to wrap around a roll bar. Snap in or Bolt in attachments can be bought separately. The Lap Belts come with Snap-in Attachments. Bolt-in brackets can be wrapped in if necessary.

Please note, Cam locks can be swapped, so if you are interested in this harness with a street legal FE Push Button cam lock, it can be purchased separately.

Certain belts are out of stock, and are only available for 2028 pre-order. The full list of colors will be available for 2028 pre-order at a later date."

I'll try to spin some of this discussion off into a separate thread tonight, so the FS thread isn't clogged with these posts.

- 2024 is the year, beeches...