Bad ground. - Dorkiphus.net

Porsche Technical Discussions Porsche related technical discussions and questions go here.

Old 05-05-2003, 12:29 AM

rickc
Default Bad ground.

I have been pulling out my remaining hair since the last fun run to figure out what has sidelined me, and has fattened the wallet of many parts vendors since. Nothing but the stupid ground stud behind the fuel accumulator. A bad ground at this point will kill the power to your cd box and cause you to speculate about intermittent relay failures, coils,selling while you can, etc. There are about six different grounds that terminate at this point, and you can't see it without taking out the fuel accumulator. I yanked out the rear fuse panel today and reinstalled everything after giving it a good cleaning with a wire brush. Started right up, but makes you think that there may be another electrical gremlin just waiting in the wings for the worst possible moment.

Rick Conrath
'78 930
Old 05-05-2003, 01:48 AM
Site Admin

Charlie Stylianos has disabled reputation

Get outta town....All this and it's a bad ground. Well, I'm glad you finally found it, and there is plenty of more Spring to enjoy the weather. Its a good lesson none the less.
Old 05-05-2003, 11:54 AM

rickc

Exactly my feelings. Makes you appreciate Richard L's movement toward a 993. Good thing I enjoy working on the car.

Rick Conrath
'78 930