MotorWeek at Summit - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Technical & Track Disussions > Track Talk » MotorWeek at Summit

Track Talk A place to talk about Track and DE Events, share driving tips and other Track related items.

Old 10-10-2018, 11:46 AM

DonNewton
Default MotorWeek at Summit

Gentlemen (and Ladies):
I just had the opportunity to watch MotorWeek’s most recent trip to Summit in a GT2 RS. I’m sure you’ve all seen this before, but we’re time-late here on the west coast so I don't know when it originally aired. I also know it’s been 15 years since my last laps around Summit.

Two things: The nostalgia of watching that car lap was tremendous. I hope you all appreciate the close proximity you have to that track and continue to take full advantage of every event you can attend. Parenthetically, my closest road/natural elevation track is Willow Springs and you must negotiate LA traffic to get there. . . The other thing is “175 mph on Summit!” Are you F’n kidding me? In the late ‘90s, early 00’s when Mike Levitas was developing his turbo systems, we were all amazed at 1:28 lap times, but 175? Jeezus.

I really enjoy reading about your (mis)adventures at Summit. Being with you guys at the tracks we went to was the absolute highlight of my 8.5 years in northern VA. I look forward to reading about your continuing adventures on this site. Jeez. . . 175mph. . .
Old 10-10-2018, 12:46 PM

Der ABT

Nice video....almost goes real wrong in turn 4

https://youtu.be/0eLhdcV34ew
https://youtu.be/0eLhdcV34ew
2015 E stock national champion
Close Motorsports - Driver Coaching and Data Equipment sales
Website coming soon
Old
http://retaliatemotorsports.blogspot.com/
Old 10-10-2018, 01:38 PM

Chopper Dropper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonNewton View Post
Gentlemen (and Ladies):
I just had the opportunity to watch MotorWeek’s most recent trip to Summit in a GT2 RS. I’m sure you’ve all seen this before, but we’re time-late here on the west coast so I don't know when it originally aired. I also know it’s been 15 years since my last laps around Summit.

Two things: The nostalgia of watching that car lap was tremendous. I hope you all appreciate the close proximity you have to that track and continue to take full advantage of every event you can attend. Parenthetically, my closest road/natural elevation track is Willow Springs and you must negotiate LA traffic to get there. . . The other thing is “175 mph on Summit!” Are you F’n kidding me? In the late ‘90s, early 00’s when Mike Levitas was developing his turbo systems, we were all amazed at 1:28 lap times, but 175? Jeezus.

I really enjoy reading about your (mis)adventures at Summit. Being with you guys at the tracks we went to was the absolute highlight of my 8.5 years in northern VA. I look forward to reading about your continuing adventures on this site. Jeez. . . 175mph. . .
Past club race this September, fastest lap time was 1min 11sec and a wee bit of change
1971 914/6 (Factory) 3.2 Track car
1988 911 Targa
1986 944
Old 10-10-2018, 01:39 PM

Chopper Dropper

Quote:
Gentlemen (and Ladies):

By the way we have round rubber wheels nowadays Actually wheels are still alloy, but Tyres are rubber
1988 911 Targa
1986 944
Old 10-10-2018, 03:43 PM

DonNewton

"By the way we have round rubber wheels nowadays Actually wheels are still alloy, but Tyres are rubber." Nyuk, nyuk. Can you still drink enough to do the Curley Shuffle?
Old 10-10-2018, 04:03 PM

Chopper Dropper

Quote:
"By the way we have round rubber wheels nowadays Actually wheels are still alloy, but Tyres are rubber." Nyuk, nyuk. Can you still drink enough to do the Curley Shuffle?
I can still drink enough, not as much as in my rugby playing days!!
1988 911 Targa
1986 944
Old 10-10-2018, 04:13 PM

DonNewton

Man, it comes to us all. Remember the opening of VIR and the bottle of scotch we killed? Ran the next day with no apparent after effects. Now, I smell a bottle and hurt for three days. . . When I gave blood with the Ancient Order of the Hibernians (Newport, RI), there was no such thing as a headache. Wonder where that person went ?
Old 10-10-2018, 05:24 PM

ovfd911

I remember him!!! He was ranting something like: "Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot!!!"

'93 C2 Black/tan
'06 Cayenne S Black/tan
'13 Fiat 500 ABARTH Black/Red on Black
Old 10-10-2018, 09:54 PM

DonNewton

Timmer! How the hell are you? Man, that's been a long time! Things still good out on the shore?