Thoughts on replacing my shocks... - Page 2 - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Technical & Track Disussions > Porsche Technical Discussions » Thoughts on replacing my shocks...

Porsche Technical Discussions Porsche related technical discussions and questions go here.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:21 PM

Landjet

Moton was just bought out so they might not be the best choice until things settle out and you see if the new company's reputation is as good as the original. That being said, I've been very happy with my set.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:56 PM

Andy993

Tom,
Change them. You wont regret it. With age and mileage, most likely that they are past their due date. There are many ways to go with this, however, depending on what you want out of them and how thick your wallet is. Koni and Bilstein have got good reviews, more so probably the Bilstein. PSSS 10's are great for both street and track, Motons-Super $$$ there and I dont think really necessary for the street. With your car in its condition, I am guessing that this is probably not for track use. It was by far one of the best mods I did. Lowered it, too. Looks much better. No more wallowing around the road searching for the right place to be.
2016 Cayenne S
2019 540
Old 06-08-2011, 08:27 PM

cmartin

Stock 993 struts arent known for longevity, a new, better set will make you happy behind the wheel.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:45 PM

Landjet

PSS9's which are about the same as PSS10's, were not good at the track in my 996TT, too softly sprung. That why I went to the Motons and stiffer springs, and they've been fine everywhere on the street with one exception, torn up city streets, then they are harsh.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:00 AM

dgmatt

X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy993 View Post
Tom,
Change them. You wont regret it. With age and mileage, most likely that they are past their due date. There are many ways to go with this, however, depending on what you want out of them and how thick your wallet is. Koni and Bilstein have got good reviews, more so probably the Bilstein. PSSS 10's are great for both street and track, Motons-Super $$$ there and I dont think really necessary for the street. With your car in its condition, I am guessing that this is probably not for track use. It was by far one of the best mods I did. Lowered it, too. Looks much better. No more wallowing around the road searching for the right place to be.

'96 993 C2 DE car

'08 Cayman (T9 - RIP)

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man. "
Old 06-09-2011, 01:12 PM

TriTom
Default Thanks all- will wait.....and Ray's the Steaks is killer-good--but kinda a hike...!

Thanks all- ! TriTom

2012 Equinox- all the bells and whistles for the Boss
Old 06-09-2011, 01:26 PM
Make Dorki Great Again

BlackTalon

Arlington (Ray's 'real' location) is not that far from Alexandria/ Mt. Vernon. No worse then Ruth's Chris in Crystal City, and def closer then any of the Morton's.

- 2021 quickly disappearing...