Great season opener at Summit...and a big thanks... - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Technical & Track Disussions > Track Talk » Great season opener at Summit...and a big thanks...

Track Talk A place to talk about Track and DE Events, share driving tips and other Track related items.

Old 03-13-2005, 09:27 PM

Mark in Baltimore
Default Great season opener at Summit...and a big thanks...

Thanks Potomac for putting on another great Summit event. Despite the wind, cold and, um, snow, I had a wonderful time and somehow posted my fastest(!) ever lap time (almost broke into the 26's). Too bad I'm as inconsistent as the electrical system in a Lotus. It was great to see Rick, Charlie, Pari and Ted. Oh, and thanks Tony K. for your awesomely quick reflexes while I tried to fit my rear tow hook into your driver's side key hole after brain fading on my exit out of turn 8 and thinking that the middle of the track was a good place to apex into Turn 9. Nice move keeping us both out of the body shop.
'06 Acura TL (manual gearbox winter beater) - white diamond pearl
Old 03-14-2005, 01:09 AM
Loose Lips Sink Ships

Parenn911 has one HoF thread

Mark, it was nice to see you at the track. I enjoyed the company of Rudy, he is a awesome mut. Congrat's on the fast lap time! Nice driving out there, I was watching you on turn ten haulin a@$ :o . The weather Saturday was an unpredictable mess.

Hatís off to Bob Novas, he is an exceptional instructor, and an amazing driver . After getting a ride in his Carrera, I now know what a 911 is capable of . Thanks for two real fun DE days Bob, I really appreciate you teaching me new driving techniques, heel &toe is cool. 8)
Old 03-14-2005, 01:58 AM

John Barreto

I enjoyed meeting many "dorki" at the DE. A big thanks to Marc A. for helping me with front pads. Had it not been for the attention, I would have been metal to rotors. Got Pagid Orange and now I can stop where I want!
I'll try to catch the May fun run if my kids' schedule allows. Have fun at VIR.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:38 AM

KJinDC

Definitely a good first weekend! Well, apart from the oil leak I discovered. But all 911s do that don't they. Even the watercooled ones! :P

Mark, it was fun running with you when you were in red. I think I like the Dunlop SSRs, but they definitely aren't as grippy as the Michelins. I don't miss the way it takes Michelins 1-2 laps to warm up though.

Looking forward to more events this year and meeting more Dorkis.

-KJ
Old 03-14-2005, 08:40 AM
Freeloader

bettyc

"Hatís off to Bob Novas, he is an exceptional instructor, and an amazing driver"

Oh Pari. And here I thought I was your favorite instructor. Now I find out in such a public forum that I was but a fleeting fancy....Oh the agony...the humiliation...

That's okay. There are lots more Dorkis to ride with.

Greg, Ted and Paul, thanks for the rides. Great fun!
Old 03-14-2005, 09:06 AM

Mackpipes

What a fantastic weekend. Congrats to those who got promoted to White, Doug (Mr. Smooth) and Greg (The Beastmaster). And was that }{arliquin who was getting a check out ride in BLUE at the end of the day? Way to go guys, well deserved. Thanks to those who helped me bleed my brakes this weekend. Gota love the Dorki Brotherhood.
I had a great weekend with Betty as my instructor. She helped me "find" alot of speed where I was relaxing or lifting before. I managed to "pop my cherry" and had my first real spin in turn 9 on Saturday. Early apexed it and pinched it at the top. Tried (and failed) to save it, but managed to keep the motor running. actually managed to keep the thing on the track though the whole spin. I did drive off after seeing traffic coming my way. Sunday ended with a checkout ride with Gary Church, in White. If you feel you've reached a plateau in you're driving skill and need a little nudge, Gary's the instructor you want. He'll definately push you where you need to be pushed. He had his GPS in the car for the check out ride and he clocked a 1:29 lap time. To give you an idea of how significant a drop that is. Last time I was at SP in October, I was running consistant 1:36's. Betty was a blast to ride with, as was Gary, I'd recommend them all day long. Thanks to both for a great learning experience.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:18 AM

cmartin

Quote:
1:29 lap time

OK, that explains it.

Great weekend guys! Good to see the veterans advancing their skills and the enthusiasm of the new guys is contagious! Big thanks to TK.

My lesson of the weekend. If the car doesnt feel right, come into the pits. I had a low rear tire and was fortunate to make it in safely.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:30 AM

Mark in Baltimore

Pari - Thanks for letting Rudy do his "bidness" while you were tending to him.

KJ - It was fun running with you on Friday. Hope to do it again soon.
'06 Acura TL (manual gearbox winter beater) - white diamond pearl
Old 03-14-2005, 09:43 AM
Loose Lips Sink Ships

Parenn911 has one HoF thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyc
"Hatís off to Bob Novas, he is an exceptional instructor, and an amazing driver"

Oh Pari. And here I thought I was your favorite instructor. Now I find out in such a public forum that I was but a fleeting fancy....Oh the agony...the humiliation...

That's okay. There are lots more Dorkis to ride with.

Greg and Ted, thanks for the rides. Great fun!
Aw Betty, you know I still got love for you . I requested you this time around, but Ted had to hog you all to himself. I guess he was afraid that I would have been promoted to White also if I had you as my instructor :P .
Don't worry Betty, this little guy is for you only, !
I hope I'm lucky enough to get you in the right seat for Mid-Ohio. (hear that Dorki's, the line starts here!)
BTW, thanks for taking care of my bro Paul.

Congrat's to all who got promoted, Ted (Mr. White), Doug, and Greg, oh yeah and that guy who has green duct tape, green socks, green belt buckles, and green shoelaces . Good job Dave, give Charlie a run for his money in Blue .
Old 03-14-2005, 10:04 AM

Vicegrip has six HoF threadsVicegrip has six HoF threadsVicegrip has six HoF threadsVicegrip has six HoF threadsVicegrip has six HoF threadsVicegrip has six HoF threads

Betty, donít let this get you down, the rest of us still love you, pink Keds and all. I guess Pari falls in love with whoever is in the right seat (except that first guy, but the first time is always a little painful)

The mountains are calling and I must go.

You Matter.
(Until you multiply yourself times the speed of light squared. Then you Energy)