Multi-Day Driving Tour in the Texas Hill Country - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Miscellaneous Discussions > Fun Runs and Upcoming Events in our area. » Multi-Day Driving Tour in the Texas Hill Country

Fun Runs and Upcoming Events in our area. Post upcoming NoVA/DC/MD events here. You can also use the Calendar for scheduling.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2019, 02:30 AM

youngturk
Default Multi-Day Driving Tour in the Texas Hill Country

Greetings from Austin, Texas. I am writing to invite you to a multi-day driving tour we have planned in Texas in January 2020 called The Raging Bull Texas Stampede.

First, a little about me: I love to drive, and I enjoy sharing this passion with others through driving events, both short and long. Here's a brief bio of me.[link] I have organized 83 driving tours over the past 14 years. My focus has always been on creating the most thrilling yet safest driving events anyone has ever experienced.

My dear friend Tuffy von Briesen, who used to live in your area, told me about your group. He thought some of you might appreciate finding out about a multi-day driving tour in January 2020 when most of you might not be able to enjoy your cars due to the harsh winter conditions. I have received permission to post this event here.

I am wondering if a few of you might enjoy the next Raging Bull Texas Stampede. It will be the eleventh one. It will be on January 24-26, 2020. Starting in Austin, the trip will be 717 miles long and encompass nine counties, thousands of curves, and 60 thousand feet of elevations changes. All hotels, restaurants, and break areas have been arranged in advance. The most thrilling and scenic roads have been chosen. There will be a Luggage Transport Vehicle and Overnight Vehicle Security. The group will be limited to 20 cars only. Many people have told me that it is their favorite automotive vacation -- everything is planned; all they have to do is show up and have a great time. We all enjoy the camaraderie of this unique adventure.

It's in January so some of you might like to do something different and fun by escaping the harsh winter weather (which is usually sunny, mild and comfortable here in Texas.)

Here's a link to the official event page. [link] It contains the full program and all the details including registered participants and information about car rental options and car transport and storage. Half of the drivers currently registered are Porsche owners. Usually half or more of the group have been Porsche cars in previous tours.

I trust most of your questions will be answered in the official event page. There is also a Participant Guide [link] containing the rules all participants are expected to follow to ensure a safe and enjoyable driving event for all. This is a non-PCA event.

Thank you for the chance to let you know about the next Stampede.

[Plans for a tri-state Stampede covering Texas, Oklahoma, and NW Arkansas in the spring are in the works. That will be followed by a Stampede in Colorado and Utah. If you'd like to be on my emailing list about future Stampedes, write me at RbTexasStampede@yahoo.com.]

It would be great if one or two of you decided to join us at our next Stampede.

With warmest regards,
John Konakci
The Tourmaster
Austin, Texas