Corona Beer Virus and P-Cars - Page 8 - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Miscellaneous Discussions > Miscellaneous Discussions » Corona Beer Virus and P-Cars

Miscellaneous Discussions Off Topic (OT) items that really don't fit into any other Category

Old 03-30-2020, 04:46 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Trak Ratt has one HoF thread

Name:  BD7BCB61-5A6C-4E7A-82DE-76D9918B328D.png
Views: 349
Size:  405.0 KB

I hope to arrive to my death, late, in love, and a little drunk!

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand... Homer Simpson

"That's what's keeping me out of F1.... Too much mental maturity...." N0tt0n

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.

CHAOS, PANIC, AND DISORDER my work here is done...

Live without pretending, Love without depending, Listen without defending, Speak without offending
Old 03-30-2020, 07:57 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Default CPAP machine as emergency ventilator

In a pinch your CPAP machine may save your life, again!

https://www.fiercebiotech.com/medtec...r-alternatives

But be careful if you are assisting someone else use their machine.

Live without pretending, Love without depending, Listen without defending, Speak without offending
Old 04-01-2020, 11:06 AM
Senior Curmudgeon

Here's what is open and closed in Virginia
Virginia has issued a stay-at-home order that will remain in effect until June 10.

Author: Jonathan Franklin (WUSA9), WUSA 9 Staff
Published: 6:29 PM EDT March 30, 2020
Updated: 6:30 PM EDT March 30, 2020
RICHMOND, Va. — Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam has issued a stay-at-home order to help slow the spread of coronavirus. The order would still allow for people to leave their homes for certain essential activities like shopping for food and seeking medical treatment.

The order will remain in effect until June 10, unless amended or rescinded before then.

Northam said if people are found in the state to have left their home for a non-essential reason or in a gathering of 10 or more, they may be subject to a class one misdemeanor, which carries the possibility of jail time up to 12 months and a fine of up to $2,500.

Northam also ordered all non-essential businesses to close until at least April 27.

Those with chronic health conditions or aged 65 or older should self-quarantine.

The following retail businesses are considered essential and may remain open during normal business hours:

Grocery stores
Pharmacies
Other retailers that sell food and beverage products or pharmacy products, including dollar stores, and department stores with grocery or pharmacy operations;
Medical, laboratory, and vision supply retailers;
Electronic retailers that sell or service cell phones, computers, tablets, and other communications technology;
Automotive parts, accessories, and tire retailers as well as automotive repair facilities;
Home improvement, hardware, building material, and building supply retailers;
Lawn and garden equipment retailers;
Beer, wine, and liquor stores;
Retail functions of gas stations and convenience stores;
Retail located within healthcare facilities;
Banks and other financial institutions with retail functions;
Pet stores and feed stores;
Printing and office supply stores; and
Laundromats and dry cleaners.
Here are the reasons you can leave your house, under Virginia's Stay-at-Home order:

Going to the grocery store to buy groceries or supplies for you and/or your household.
Engaging in activities that are essential for your health and safety of one's self, family, household members, pets, or livestock, including such things as seeking medical or behavioral health or emergency services, and obtaining medication or medical supplies.
Caring for a family member, friend, pet, or livestock in another household or location, including, transporting a family member, friend, pet, or livestock animal for essential health and safety activities and to obtain necessary supplies and services.
Traveling to and from an educational institution to receive meals or instructional materials for distance learning.
Engaging in outdoor exercises, such as walking, hiking, running, or biking while abiding by CDC social distancing guidelines.
Travel required by a law enforcement officer or court order.
Traveling to and from a federal, state, or local government building for a necessary purpose.

Here is a list of businesses that are considered non-essential and have been ordered to close:

Theaters, Performing arts centers
Concert venues
Museums
Other indoor entertainment centers
Fitness centers, Gyms, Recreation centers, Indoor sports facilities, indoor exercise facilities
Beauty salons
Barbershops
Spas, massage parlors, tanning salons
Tattoo shops
Any other location where personal care or personal grooming services are performed that would not allow compliance with social distancing guidelines to remain six feet apart;
Racetracks and historic horse racing facilities
Bowling alleys
Skating rinks
Arcades
Amusement parks
Trampoline parks
Fairs,
Arts and craft facilities,
Aquariums
Zoos
Escape rooms
Indoor shooting ranges
Public and private social clubs
All other places of indoor public amusement.

The following service businesses must close to the public, but can still offer delivery/takeout services:

Restaurants;
Dining establishments;
Food courts;
Farmers markets;
Breweries;
Microbreweries;
Distilleries;
Wineries; and
Tasting rooms.
Businesses in violation of this order may be charged with a Class 1 misdemeanor.

Each of these businesses must still adhere to social distancing guidelines of six feet of space with enhanced sanitizing practices on common surfaces.

Any other business not listed must limit all in-person shopping to no more than 10 people inside, adhere to social distancing guidelines with enhanced sanitizing practices. If the business cannot follow these guidelines, it must close.

Any business that violates this order may be charged with a Class 1 misdemeanor.

You can read the full executive order here.

Old 04-03-2020, 09:40 AM
I need another Porsche

Patrick3000

We paid the China Coronavirus premium and installed a Warrior IAQ system to help improve air quality in the crib.

Not a recommendation but you can’t be to careful in these times.

Be safe!

https://www.warrioriaq.com

Lucky owner of a couple of 911’s and another Porsche or two
Old 04-03-2020, 03:16 PM

spiffyjiff

no surprise the luxury car market also feeling the crunch. besides SUVs / "normal" vehicles in the article, also are a few supercar callouts (a couple of which i've never heard of...a 2000hp lotus??? )

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/the-year...-ice-1.1416838

Quote:
Spurred by a heady stock market, super expensive, super fast sports cars were enjoying a moment until March arrived. Porsche had big plans to roll out the 640-horsepower, muscle-y 911 Turbo S version of its franchise machine with group media drives. Instead, the company delivered the 640-horsepower machines one by one via fleet drivers prepped on disinfection and social distancing. Porsche’s German manufacturing plants in Zuffenhausen and Leipzig have been silent since March 21, and Porsche Experience Centers in L.A. and Atlanta, where the Porsche-curious take test drives and track lessons, sit empty.

The US$225,000 Ferrari Roma super car debuted in November in, of course, Rome. But a total Ferrari production halt on March 14 included production of the 611-horsepower, V8 Roma, which was supposed to roll into dealerships toward the end of the year. Ferrari hopes to eventually make up for the lost production with additional shifts. “No material impacts on deliveries and waiting list are foreseen at the moment,” a spokesperson says.

Over in England, the US$1.7 million McLaren Elva super car packs a punch: 804 horsepower on a V8 engine and rear-wheel drive. It’ll do zero to 124 mph in just 6.7 seconds, which makes it faster than its sibling, the track-suited Senna. McLaren had planned to build just 399 of them, each one customized through the company’s special-ops MSO division and delivered at the end of 2020.

“We will continue with all possible design and engineering activities that we can at this stage,” says Roger Ormisher, vice president of communications at McLaren. The carmaker will “then finalize physical development once staff are back at MTC, with the plan to deliver Elva into production as close as we can to Q4 2020.”

Finally, Lotus is trying to piece together its first new vehicle in more than a decade. The machine, dubbed Evija, is stunning—and costs US$2.1 million.

Shaped like a spaceship with trimmed sides and massive wheels, it boasts nearly 2,000 horsepower generated from four electric motors, as well as a zero-to-60 mph sprint of fewer than three seconds. Only 130 will be built by the legendary U.K. automaker. As for when they will be built, that will be determined later. Production has halted at Lotus’s Norwich headquarters while engineers continue tweaking designs from home.

“The vehicle development process is as it was—just not in the offices,” says Rob Borrett, a company spokesman. Super car architects, it turns out, are just like the rest of us. They Zoom.
Old 04-22-2020, 06:02 PM
I need another Porsche

Patrick3000

^^^ So my experience has been contrary to the experts. I sold the SC mid March and the 911-50 this month. The buyer for the C2S backed out of a full price offer and I decided to keep her because I’m not ready to let her go until I find a replacement.

IMHO people are bored surfing the net and buying good cars at very strong prices. Most dealerships are closed and I suspect that might all change when things start to open up. YMMV

Lucky owner of a couple of 911’s and another Porsche or two

Last edited by Patrick3000; 04-23-2020 at 05:51 AM.