Lifts for Charity...anybody have a report? - Page 2 - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Miscellaneous Discussions > Miscellaneous Discussions » Lifts for Charity...anybody have a report?

Miscellaneous Discussions Off Topic (OT) items that really don't fit into any other Category

Old 03-11-2003, 09:36 AM

APKhaos

The car is a Guards Red 85 Targa with 24,000 miles, full records from window sticker & original brochure forward. Not a blemish on it. Well, I managed to find two minor things - a mouse had nibbled on the trunk carpet, and there was a baby weep of oil around the trans mount.

Driving the car was a real experience - it felt 'showroom tight'. Everything was perfect, and it ran like a new car. I had Lewis Hauser [Karosserie] take a look at it - said it was the best example he had seen, which is something coming from Lewis.

Richard decided to come with me, which was a real plus after I managed to slide it off onto the verge due to a TON of sand on a twisty downhill piece of Great Falls backroad. Not a mark on the car, but my heartrate did not return to normal until sometime on Monday!

Sea Dweller has bought the car, no STOLEN the car for the asking price of $24-some, which is a real bargain for an example like this.

Steve [now almost PO] is a great guy, although he is fairly intense about his cars. Not only was the Carrera in showroom condition, he had a 12YO Audi that looked gorgeous, an SUV that gleamed, and an Audi TT that gleamed. His wife told me that the closest they ever came to a serious fight was when she put a scratch on the wheel of the TT - insisted on taking me over to see the offending scratch!

Rick Lee must be Richard Le S, right?
85 Carrera - Sold
TrackVision
944Cup
Old 03-11-2003, 09:40 AM

Rick Lee has one HoF thread

I have some photos, but don't know how to post them.
Old 03-11-2003, 11:07 AM

KeithLambert7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Lee
I have some photos, but don't know how to post them.
Can anyone help here? I'd love to see those pictures... Sounds like an awfully nice car, purchased at an awfully nice price.

Keith

'64 356 Coupe - driver
'89 3.2 Coupe - queen

http://www.goosecreekfinishing.com
Old 03-11-2003, 11:24 AM
Site Admin

Charlie Stylianos has disabled reputation

Richard,

Upload the photos to the Gallery, in the Misc. album. Once they are posted you can link your posts to the pictures. Right click on the picture and look at its properties. Copy the url, http://dorkiphus.com/.../.../.../....jpg, then paste that url in your threads.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-11-2003, 11:26 AM

KeithLambert7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan M
...I just need to get me a 70-73 coupe with more horsepower one of these days

Keith, I'm always cruising through Waterford, great roads to get out for short trips! Looks like you have the best of both worlds with the '89 and '64! Absolutely beautiful cars!

Can't wait for these messy roads to completely clear up!

--Dan
More horsepower you say? Now let's see...there must be a few mods the group can help you with on the '70?

RE: Waterford roads...Yeah, I'll PM you with my contact information, and when the weather get's a little better, we can go cruising. You'll have to swing by the house one of these Saturdays, I'm usually tinkering in there on one of the cars.

I'm waiting for that elusive gully-washer rain (to wash the salt away) followed by dry road days of sun and 45 deg+. Been waiting for that combination since November. Today, even more snow squals..sheeesh.

Keith

'64 356 Coupe - driver
'89 3.2 Coupe - queen

Old 03-11-2003, 01:20 PM
Site Admin

Charlie Stylianos has disabled reputation

SeaDweller posted on Pelican.

Here are his pics:

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/arbisi/85targa.exe
Old 03-11-2003, 08:03 PM

APKhaos

Michael has posted the slideshow .exe I sent him - thats a 3Mb monster, and there are two of them! If I get some time later I'll post some pics on Pelican. Time crunched at present!
85 Carrera - Sold
TrackVision
944Cup
Old 03-11-2003, 08:11 PM

KeithLambert7

Yeah, big file but worth the download. That's a timewarp car. Nice one, I can see why he stole (I mean bought) it.

Keith

'64 356 Coupe - driver
'89 3.2 Coupe - queen