Seeking Internship Opportunity in Mechanical Engineering - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Classifieds > Employment & Networking » Seeking Internship Opportunity in Mechanical Engineering

Employment & Networking Need a job? Looking to hire someone? Post it here.

Old 10-03-2020, 07:49 AM

Mark Hubley
Default Seeking Internship Opportunity in Mechanical Engineering

Looks like I'm not the first to post here looking for opportunities in engineering. My son, Nick, is in his junior year at the University of Maryland, and he is on the mechanical engineering track. I figure it is time to start looking for some opportunities for internships. I see David D. made some suggestions in a different thread, and I will look into those. Nick has been expressing interest in ME related to cars, so if anyone has any ideas or contacts along those lines, let me know. That being said, I don't think we will be too picky.

Formerly owned Porsche/BMW:
1986 944 Turbo
2006 325i
2000 911
1987 924S
1999 Boxster
1986 944
Old 10-09-2020, 10:17 PM

zygomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Hubley View Post
Looks like I'm not the first to post here looking for opportunities in engineering. My son, Nick, is in his junior year at the University of Maryland, and he is on the mechanical engineering track. I figure it is time to start looking for some opportunities for internships. I see David D. made some suggestions in a different thread, and I will look into those. Nick has been expressing interest in ME related to cars, so if anyone has any ideas or contacts along those lines, let me know. That being said, I don't think we will be too picky.
Has Nick checked out GM's internships? I know they post MechE internships on LinkedIn, and the interns I've met there have had some interesting opportunities to work with the business beyond engineering (in Finance, Advanced analytics, etc).

I don't have any special "in" when it comes to their engineering department, but happy to offer what insight or help I can

"All my laps look like cool-down laps"

997 GT3 (lacking imagination, yet another 997)

987 Cayman R (gone, but I get to see it at DEs)
997 Carrera S (gone and missed)
997 C2S (gone)
944 S2 (gone)