2020 ROCK the SUMMIT PCA Club Race Sept 18/19/20 - Page 4 - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Technical & Track Disussions > Track Talk » 2020 ROCK the SUMMIT PCA Club Race Sept 18/19/20

Track Talk A place to talk about Track and DE Events, share driving tips and other Track related items.

Old 09-22-2020, 12:26 PM

N Fotouhi

Thanks to all the volunteers for a very well run event. I got a chance to race the 914 again, and see some old faces. I definitely need more seat time in the car than one race a year I have done in the past couple of years. Touched the brake bias adjustment for the first time. The little car is a hoot, even if it runs out of revs on the front straight by 5 marker at less than 120mph. Plan to re-gear over the winter. Longer 2 and 5 for sure, and maybe 3.

There are 3 sides to every story. Mine, yours, and the truth.

91 944 S2 - Mine, Sold
7? 914-6 Vintage racer - Mine
93 964 - Not mine
95 993 - Hers - Sold and will be missed
04 GT3 - ours? Doing double duties at DE, anyway
06 987 - Hers - plan to let son use for DE - My DIY
A few others
Old 09-23-2020, 12:00 PM

SJK
Default 1st Club Race

Wow, what an experience for my 1st Club Race or any race for that matter.

Thanks to all the volunteers who made this happen. Having been a volunteer for the last 4 years it should be rewarding to know that the racers really do appreciate all the work you do. I certainly did!

Thanks to all the other drivers that offered encouragement and support. It really does help to know that everyone is pulling for you to have a successful rookie experience.

I achieved my 4 goals for the weekend, 1.) I finished, 2.) I wasn't "that guy", 3.) I was better than a moving cone (though a few SPBs might disagree with that) and 4.) I had Fun!

If I can figure out how to upload video, you can offer your kind critiques and not laugh too hard when I got schooled at the start of Sprint 1 by 2 SPBs.

Thanks again everyone for your support.

Stephen
'02 Boxster S (gone to a good home)
Old 09-23-2020, 01:46 PM

Der ABT

YouTube is easiest
2015 E stock national champion
Close Motorsports - Driver Coaching and Data Equipment sales
Website coming soon
Old
http://retaliatemotorsports.blogspot.com/
Old 09-23-2020, 05:31 PM

SilverStreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJK View Post
If I can figure out how to upload video, you can offer your kind critiques and not laugh too hard when I got schooled at the start of Sprint 1 by 2 SPBs.

Thanks again everyone for your support.

Stephen
Ha! I wouldn't sweat that at all. For your rookie weekend being clean on the start is your first priority

Great stuff, glad you had fun.
Vimeo
https://www.youtube.com/user/Streak986

1999 SPB #611
2004 Wrangler

“That’s how people like you work. Your ego is so out of whack that it will do what ever it can to protect itself. And people with a messed up ego can do these mental gymnastics to convince themselves they’re awesome when really they are just douche bags” - Kyle, South Park

"If you need to focus maybe you should buy the book and take it home" - MLIN
Old 09-24-2020, 02:22 PM

Carrera51

Potomac Region hit another one out of the park with this one for sure. Pat and Donna orchestrated a fantastic event despite COVID messing with the program. Thanks to them and ALL the volunteers, corner workers, EV, Summit Point management and staff, and everyone else who made it possible for us to play all weekend, (well part of it in my case).

The old blue car didn't do half bad since prior to this summer, it hadn't seen the paddock or the track in 20 years. Got it through tech, missed the first two practices and went straight to qualifying. Was motioned to stop at black flag when I came through the pits and was informed my transponder was dead. I had grabbed one of the old rentals we used to have at the track store. Turns out it wouldn't hold a charge for very long. Also, it turns out I had overfilled the oil so spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning up my mess and getting a little over a quart of the excess oil out.

So for Sprint 1, I got to start at the back. Had a nice start with a couple of cars passed through turn 3, and the clutch started slipping. So I backed it down and retired. Figured it was weekend over.

Then Dave Coleman to the rescue! While pushing the pedal while he bled his brakes, he said if he was still feeling up to it at the end of the day, we'd put the car up on the lift and fix the clutch. So after the Vintage photoshoot on the front straight, he pulls up in his 54 Studebaker and says, "you want to race tomorrow, let's go." So over to his place and on the lift we go. He found a useable clutch disc to swap out that was much thicker than the worn one that came out of the car. Took a break at 10:15 and I was back at 6am Sunday to help finish. By help I basically handed him tools and held the light.

Finished up at 7:45am Sunday. Drove back to the track. He ran the warm up and I got ready for Sprint 3. Started last again and had a nice race. Got comfortable in the car and went from 34th to 21st by the time the checkered came out. So yes, the Blue Phoenix finished. Without Dave Coleman's generosity, that wouldn't have been possible. It was nice to race again since I basically do it once a year. Again, kudos everyone who made this event possible.
89 944 S2, Baltic Blue
86 944, Garnett Red (son's)
Old 09-24-2020, 03:02 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Trak Ratt has one HoF thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrera51 View Post
Potomac Region hit another one out of the park with this one for sure. Pat and Donna orchestrated a fantastic event despite COVID messing with the program. Thanks to them and ALL the volunteers, corner workers, EV, Summit Point management and staff, and everyone else who made it possible for us to play all weekend, (well part of it in my case).

The old blue car didn't do half bad since prior to this summer, it hadn't seen the paddock or the track in 20 years...........
It was nice to race again since I basically do it once a year. Again, kudos everyone who made this event possible.
Nice writ up w/Mostly happy ending!

I hope to arrive to my death, late, in love, and a little drunk!

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand... Homer Simpson

"That's what's keeping me out of F1.... Too much mental maturity...." N0tt0n

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.

CHAOS, PANIC, AND DISORDER my work here is done...

Live without pretending, Love without depending, Listen without defending, Speak without offending

Last edited by Trak Ratt; 09-24-2020 at 03:27 PM.
Old 09-24-2020, 03:18 PM

Dandelion

Great to see you out there Mark!

2016 GT4
2012 Cayman R
2005 Lotus Elise
1994 RX-7 R2
Old 09-25-2020, 12:06 PM

Carrera51

It was good to be back, even with a few setbacks. Just glad I got to finally complete a race on Sunday.

TR, you should bring the black car out to do a PCA Vintage Race.
89 944 S2, Baltic Blue
86 944, Garnett Red (son's)
Old 09-25-2020, 12:20 PM

Nerfbar

Quote:
It was good to be back, even with a few setbacks. Just glad I got to finally complete a race on Sunday.

Car and driver.

18 Carrera cab
15 Macan S
Old 09-25-2020, 04:38 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Trak Ratt has one HoF thread

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerfbar View Post
Car and driver.
Working on both!

Name:  64BDDD3F-A499-488F-B4E6-0552968952B2.jpeg
Views: 178
Size:  61.4 KB

I hope to arrive to my death, late, in love, and a little drunk!

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand... Homer Simpson

"That's what's keeping me out of F1.... Too much mental maturity...." N0tt0n

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.

CHAOS, PANIC, AND DISORDER my work here is done...

Live without pretending, Love without depending, Listen without defending, Speak without offending

Last edited by Trak Ratt; 09-25-2020 at 04:43 PM.