Costco lights are on sale - Page 2 - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Classifieds > Stuff Other People Are Selling » Costco lights are on sale

Stuff Other People Are Selling Place to post links to ads on other boards/Craigslist/etc.

Old 12-13-2017, 12:18 PM
Make Dorki Great Again

BlackTalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMAN View Post
Accurate to what? Planckian Radiation?

In your search, are you considering fidelity and gamut indexes within your target kelvin range? If so, you really need to consider color vector graphic and the value for each hue angle bin.
SMD, is that you?

- 2021 quickly disappearing...
Old 12-13-2017, 12:20 PM

N0tt0N has five HoF threadsN0tt0N has five HoF threadsN0tt0N has five HoF threadsN0tt0N has five HoF threadsN0tt0N has five HoF threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMAN View Post
Accurate to what? Planckian Radiation?

In your search, are you considering fidelity and gamut indexes within your target kelvin range? If so, you really need to consider color vector graphic and the value for each hue angle bin.
See! There's a science and everything! Professionals like you are a bane to our amateur existence.
2016 Mazda CX-5 (Her DD)
2002 Boxster S (Gone) - Ragtop Blechster - Pura Patina!

Dorkiphus: I buy it for the articles
Old 12-13-2017, 02:59 PM
Porkchop & SGB for prez!

Vicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threads

No they are not. You pick their brains and then wander off and do what you wanted to do in the first place but now with a better angle of attack. This is not MOMA it is a workshop / garage. Hell, 1/2 you guys don't even bother to paint the raw taped and mudded drywall.

I got a chuckel out of the "No high bay LED in my shop" I have a scorching bright LED high bay over my work bench and it is simply The Tits. Bright, wide spec smooth even light and plenty of it. Instant on and not dim when first turned on when the shop is cold and no ballast buzz like my old T12VHO96 fixtures do. Lots of light right where I want and need it. Never ever felt the onset of eye strain or brain hurt from all the photons bouncing around the room.

"Too much light in the shop" said No one, ever.

This one is dirt cheap for 22,000 lumens and it is 0 to 10 V dimmable too. 22,000 lumens for $130 and it is an OK 110 lumens per watt. 80 lumens per watt is so 2002. https://www.lightup.com/led-linear-h...SABEgKSQ_D_BwE

All kidding around aside. Look for the 0 to 10 Volt dimmable systems. You can get all kinds of controllers that work with many brands and of 0 to 10V LED drivers. Have anocc sensor turn the lights on to 10% when you pull the car in or walk the dripping bag beer bottles to the recycle bin. Set it time out in 2 min untriggered and or go up to 50% then 100% after each 2 min triggered time. Walk into the shop and the lights go on 10%, then go to 50% then 100% if you don't leave the space. Have an override light switch that lets you go 100% or any other setting and hold until you turn the switch off. It can also be set to go off after XX time if the occ sensor goes quiet. This can be done with cheap off the shelf stuff.

“Those that can make you believe in absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” Voltaire.

"There is grandeur in this view of life...." Darwin.

The mountains are calling and I must go.

“The earth has music for those who listen”
Shakespeare.

You Matter.
(Until you multiply yourself times the speed of light squared. Then you Energy)

“We’ve got lots of theories, we just don’t have the evidence’.

Last edited by Vicegrip; 12-14-2017 at 11:49 AM.
Old 12-13-2017, 03:22 PM
Tito

86911TLCAB

my problem isn't usually lighting from above...as i spend more time working on the ground and under the car...it is having sufficient light pointed in the shadows when i am trying to get to things...doesn't help that i now seem to always be wearing reading glasses when i am working up close to things...friend of mine gave me some extra lights he had which typically go in an office...need to create a stand so i can keep them pointed where i want them to shine...definitely one of the biggest problems i have in my garage...

82 911 SC with 3.2
73 RSR project
97 328is
99 328is
97 Lexus SC300 Manual

86 TL (gone)
993 (gone)
75 911S (gone)
Old 12-13-2017, 03:36 PM
Porkchop & SGB for prez!

Vicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threads

Something I thought of a while back. Tie the lights into a hub and amazon tap or dot. In adition to auto/sensor based control you can walk in the room and request the light level you want.
I have a Tap in the shop and that little bugger has grown on me. My phone on the workbench rings into my bluetooth earbud. I tell Alexa to stop and then tell the earbud to answer. No need to pull off the greasy gloves or even stop work. Now I don't just look like an old crazy guy I shout at the walls and sound like one too.

“Those that can make you believe in absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” Voltaire.

"There is grandeur in this view of life...." Darwin.

The mountains are calling and I must go.

“The earth has music for those who listen”
Shakespeare.

You Matter.
(Until you multiply yourself times the speed of light squared. Then you Energy)

“We’ve got lots of theories, we just don’t have the evidence’.
Old 12-13-2017, 03:43 PM

N0tt0N has five HoF threadsN0tt0N has five HoF threadsN0tt0N has five HoF threadsN0tt0N has five HoF threadsN0tt0N has five HoF threads

2016 Mazda CX-5 (Her DD)
2002 Boxster S (Gone) - Ragtop Blechster - Pura Patina!

Dorkiphus: I buy it for the articles
Old 12-13-2017, 04:03 PM

cmartin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86911TLCAB View Post
my problem isn't usually lighting from above...as i spend more time working on the ground and under the car...it is having sufficient light pointed in the shadows when i am trying to get to things...doesn't help that i now seem to always be wearing reading glasses when i am working up close to things...friend of mine gave me some extra lights he had which typically go in an office...need to create a stand so i can keep them pointed where i want them to shine...definitely one of the biggest problems i have in my garage...
duct tape and one of these costco lights, beats any headlamp I've used
Old 12-13-2017, 04:39 PM

Der ABT

Martin settled on these last time I visited
Attached Images

2015 E stock national champion
Close Motorsports - Driver Coaching and Data Equipment sales
Website coming soon
Old
http://retaliatemotorsports.blogspot.com/
Old 12-14-2017, 10:39 AM
Tito

86911TLCAB

Just bought a pair...lets see if they help...thanks

82 911 SC with 3.2
73 RSR project
97 328is
99 328is
97 Lexus SC300 Manual

86 TL (gone)
993 (gone)
75 911S (gone)
Old 12-14-2017, 10:54 AM

smdubovsky has three HoF threadssmdubovsky has three HoF threadssmdubovsky has three HoF threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by N0tt0N View Post
There can be too much light which leads to eye strain over long periods of time. There's like a whole science and everything.
I suspect that level is nearly impossible to achieve in a garage.
1983 911SC - 3.32L IROC
1984 930
2008 S2R1000, dirt bikes (some gas, some electric), Sherco trials bike
Sold: 2001 Boxster (hers), 2003 996tt x50 , SpecE30, 1996 E36M3 GTS2 racecar, 2015 Mustang GT