Project Boxster: Engine 1.5 - Page 26 - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Technical & Track Disussions > Porsche Technical Discussions » Project Boxster: Engine 1.5

Porsche Technical Discussions Porsche related technical discussions and questions go here.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:16 AM

BikePump

Quote:
Originally Posted by N0tt0N View Post
Dropped both pieces off at InterSport (Thank you, Omar & Charlie!) yesterday and they would have been ready today if SOMEONE hadn't taken up all their time making room for a Cup Car up on cinder blocks... Sheesh....

Given the number of numbered cars there you'd think there was a Club Race coming up or something...

Also, have a used NHP header coming tomorrow (Thanks, Nello!), just in case, as the fix is in a hard to reach place.

I purchased a set of brake caliper studs last summer that I was planning on installing but then decided to wait for my upgraded brake rotors (Thanks, Vranko!) but the originals are now too short due to the caliper spacers required by the Girodiscs. Ira at Tarett (Thanks!) said he would take them back since they are unused and charge the difference. What customer services!
I advise against the caliper studs anyway - especially the Tarrett. JD and I installed them on his car - only to discover later that they were stretching!!! back to bolts and all is well.
The Vaporizer 2009 Carrera Metallic Black
Totaled by the Police: 2009 Carrera Black

"Racing isn’t supposed to be stodgy. It’s supposed to be so goddamn wonderful batshit you can’t stand it, all noise and rumble and burning money and cavitating testicles."
Old 07-30-2015, 08:33 AM
Porkchop & SGB for prez!

Vicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threads

IMO caliper bolts on track car = future thread failure. I have gotten sort of good at drilling, taping and installing timeserts in steering knuckels while they are are still mounted on cars. Someone has to make a non mush metal stud for this app. It is a real sucky feeling when you un thread a bolt and it comes out with the hole threads or you keep turning but it does not get any tighter.

“Those that can make you believe in absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” Voltaire.

"There is grandeur in this view of life...." Darwin.

The mountains are calling and I must go.

“The earth has music for those who listen”
Shakespeare.

You Matter.
(Until you multiply yourself times the speed of light squared. Then you Energy)

“We’ve got lots of theories, we just don’t have the evidence’.
Old 07-30-2015, 09:29 AM

spiffyjiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicegrip View Post
IMO caliper bolts on track car = future thread failure. I have gotten sort of good at drilling, taping and installing timeserts in steering knuckels while they are are still mounted on cars. Someone has to make a non mush metal stud for this app. It is a real sucky feeling when you un thread a bolt and it comes out with the hole threads or you keep turning but it does not get any tighter.
yep yep and yep. been there done that, front right stripped 2 seasons ago (and exactly like that - noticed threads on the bolt when backing out/kept turning when going back in.) Had them timesert'd. i dont change rear rotors nearly as much but i should get them done also.