A couple Swiss Army Knives - Page 6 - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Miscellaneous Discussions > Miscellaneous Discussions » A couple Swiss Army Knives

Miscellaneous Discussions Off Topic (OT) items that really don't fit into any other Category

Old 04-07-2020, 07:48 AM
Essential Personnel

VaSteve has one HoF thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicegrip View Post
Did you ever get this made into a jigsaw puzzle? They are back in style.

Funny this should pop back up as I was thinking about it when I was doing a puzzle the other day. (All puzzles and head shavers are on eternal backorder apparently).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzbass View Post

I will concede I prioritized aspect ratio of the puzzle over quality of the manufacturer, as I figured "how f**king hard can it be to make a puzzle?" Very, as it turns out.

Can you elaborate? The few I have done in recent weeks have varied in quality and I gotta wonder how they keep the blades sharp, decide the pattern and all that. Most usually have a grid pattern. One I did, seemed like all the pieces were cut at random, all kinds of false edges and stuff that doesn't make sense until it's done.

I assume the use the same cutting pattern on many photos. I always wonder is there some misfit at the puzzle factory that has seamed together a hybrid of several puzzles just because the pieces fit.
Old 04-07-2020, 07:58 AM
Wanted: safety chair.

roundel

I have a copy currently. I need to set up a table to start this because it does not appear to be a couple hour puzzle!
97 318ti

"Guys, I'm coming in, I have too much grip."
Old 04-07-2020, 11:46 AM
Site Admin

Jazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaSteve View Post
Can you elaborate?
Mainly the fit tolerance between the pieces is not very good. With a quality puzzle you should be able to put to pieces together, they should have a satisfying snap with a slight bit of interference so that you can pick up both pieces together by holding just one of them.

This puzzle doesn't do that. If a quality puzzle fit tolerance is say 99%, this one is more like 95%. Good enough that you can mostly fit things together, but there is slop and you can't pick up two pieces together by holding just one.
1999 E46 328i
Old 10-20-2022, 08:58 AM
Flodywhite

Awl, can opener, corkscrew, large screwdriver, small blade, main blade, scissors, and saw. The one in my photograph, though, was created in 1905. (hence no bottle opener - apparently there were no bottles to open in 1905). But even after 110 years, the knife is still essentially the same. You may have believed that Porsche was the leader in "evolution, not revolution." They have nothing to say about Victorinox.