GT3 LCAs for 981 CS? - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Technical & Track Disussions > Track Talk » GT3 LCAs for 981 CS?

Track Talk A place to talk about Track and DE Events, share driving tips and other Track related items.

Old 10-27-2017, 07:23 PM

edw
Default GT3 LCAs for 981 CS?

Heard lots of folks swap to the GT3 Lower Control Arms for increased camber on the 987 Caymans. Anyone tried it on the 981s? Hoping for more even tire wear and a bit more front grip. Running RE71s in stock sizes with about 1 degree negative in the front, more in the back. The fronts are shot. Likely change to PS2s or 888s, but want to sort out the setup first.
Cheers,
ed

white 981 CS #37
Old 10-27-2017, 08:04 PM

trytryagain

I’d give NT-01s a try, assuming you have an extra set of wheels, as I don’t think anyone would suggest that you drive a lot on the street with the nittos. On my Cayman with X-73 suspension ASG maxed out the camber at around -2 degrees front and -1.8 rear, which has given reasonable tire wear while remaining street worthy. The GT3 control arms are an option if you want more camber.

2014 Cayman (Aka "Rubber Ducky")

1971 914 (back in the day)
Old 11-06-2017, 02:38 PM

TomChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by edw View Post
Heard lots of folks swap to the GT3 Lower Control Arms for increased camber on the 987 Caymans. Anyone tried it on the 981s?
Yes. I have installed many GT3 LCA's on 981's. Requires pressing out the OEM GT3 LCA rubber bushing and replace with a solid adjustable bushing for two reason:

1) The solid bushing is required to properly fit the 981 diagonal arms(aka thrust arm).

2) The adjustable holes on the bushing are necessary to achieve proper range of caster angle with increased negative camber.

That takes care of the front. Most HPDE/street drivers go with -2.5 front camber, -2.0 rear camber. The rear requires adjustable rear toe links to achieve -2.0. Rear LCA's aren't required for -2.0.

There's like seven companies that make these parts. TPC Racing is one of them.
Attached Images