Dorkiphus? What does it mean????? - Page 3 - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Miscellaneous Discussions > Miscellaneous Discussions » Dorkiphus? What does it mean?????

Miscellaneous Discussions Off Topic (OT) items that really don't fit into any other Category

Old 07-13-2005, 11:09 AM

TD in DC

I like Dorkiphus for what it is. I hope it never becomes a Pelican BB (I don't even bother posting there) or Rennlist (which is great for its own reasons but it not Dorkiphus). I don't care personally about the name.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:53 AM
cocainemakesyouthinner

}{arlequin

not that it'll make any impact, but if the name changes i'm quittin' and selling the green car!
i used to drove, you've probably never heard of me
Old 07-13-2005, 11:57 AM
Porkchop & SGB for prez!

Vicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threads

Please excuse any insults direct or indirect. My guess is that none were intended. I think what some folks are saying is that this is a local board and it might be better in the long run for folks to find us as you have, by word of mouth rather than a Google. We have all see boards get real popluar and fall over from the weight. Some, like Rennlist have done well over the years and some have not. I have never see where anyone was discouraged from “joining in” around here.

I think the name is a done deal if for no other reason than habbit. I still call Costco Price club. Besides we are Dorki not Porschi.

Just MHO but I strongly disagree with a previous post and I think no way would/should we discourage you or anyone to join in and become Dorki along with the rest of the gang. I have met and become friends with some great people through this board. Many of us see each other face to face at events and while working on each others cars. We just don't want the board to explode and become just another PP board. I too have abandoned PP. There are many good folks on PP but the ass-hat to good folks ratio has increased over the years. We have our ass-hats here too but we behave ourselves to some extent as in the long run we are all just a bunch of guys and gals that like cars and are many times friends as well.

This Sat a.m. I have some folks using my shop in Falls Church to install suspension upgrades on a 996. Please feel free to stop by meet some of the folks that make up this board the shop is open to all. PM for directions.

“Those that can make you believe in absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” Voltaire.

"There is grandeur in this view of life...." Darwin.

The mountains are calling and I must go.

“The earth has music for those who listen”
Shakespeare.

You Matter.
(Until you multiply yourself times the speed of light squared. Then you Energy)

“We’ve got lots of theories, we just don’t have the evidence’.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:03 PM

Eli

Quote:
Originally Posted by }{arlequin
not that it'll make any impact, but if the name changes i'm quittin' and selling the green car!
Me too...may need some help selling mine thou...
Old 07-13-2005, 12:06 PM
Porkchop & SGB for prez!

Vicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parenn911
because they are all a bunch of 's
I would rather be a noob than a moron. With time noobs become experenced but morons continue on unchanged. i am also glad that you were able to clear up this boards startup.

“Those that can make you believe in absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” Voltaire.

"There is grandeur in this view of life...." Darwin.

The mountains are calling and I must go.

“The earth has music for those who listen”
Shakespeare.

You Matter.
(Until you multiply yourself times the speed of light squared. Then you Energy)

“We’ve got lots of theories, we just don’t have the evidence’.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:09 PM
cocainemakesyouthinner

}{arlequin

LOL, and there you have, 0-smack talk in 3.8 posts

(new guys, don't worry, it's a regular collection of booze-lovin' nut bars w/ pwr tools here. we welcome all, well, maybe w/ the exception of RDane....)
Old 07-13-2005, 12:12 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Trak Ratt has one HoF thread

I like the name, I like that it is “local”, though others are certainly welcome. I like that there is now an active network for advise, parts, tools, and help where there wasn’t just a few years before. I like that older cars are once again being used as the good Dr. intended, not just hidden in someone’s garage, waiting patently to be restored or slowly accumulating “free rust”. I like that I’ve met some very good people that I can enjoy my hobby and passion with. I like that after several years the reasons for establishing this “special place” are still valid. I like the name, I’d still like the site and the people if it were called something else, but I like the name!

Then I read this;

Quote:
Originally Posted by }{arlequin
Lets change the name for a few weeks, I’m always on the look out for a LH that hasn’t been run hard!

I hope to arrive to my death, late, in love, and a little drunk!

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand... Homer Simpson

"That's what's keeping me out of F1.... Too much mental maturity...." N0tt0n

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.

CHAOS, PANIC, AND DISORDER my work here is done...

Live without pretending, Love without depending, Listen without defending, Speak without offending
Old 07-13-2005, 12:22 PM
cocainemakesyouthinner

}{arlequin

Quote:
Originally Posted by david riley
I’m always on the look out for a LH that hasn’t been run hard!
[ducking] damn, the insults are flying low today

I guess I am the only one that thought that the car was being driven hard... you guys sure it doesn't *look* like that from the outside??

(not driven well, just hard... don't forget, last 2 weekends at SP, my dial showed just south of 260..... I swear, she told me she liked it that way )
Old 07-13-2005, 12:23 PM

Bert

You know - you all make great points. It never occured to me that we could have the board overwhelmed by people from other areas, because this GREAT board could be found on google Porsche searches!

One of the reasons that I am so happy that I was told about this page, is that it is a LOCAL chat page for Porsche Owners to learn and meet people and have fun!

I retract my original threat that started this whole argument - I now say "LONG LIVE DORKIPHUS!"

Bert
Old 07-13-2005, 12:26 PM
cocainemakesyouthinner

}{arlequin

yeah, and knowing that someone could just walk across the street and deck you right in the nose, let out all the air out of your fuchs, or worse- take away your cool collar, keeps the on-line arguing to a minimum