Introdouche Yourself - Page 249 - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Miscellaneous Discussions > Miscellaneous Discussions » Introdouche Yourself

Miscellaneous Discussions Off Topic (OT) items that really don't fit into any other Category

Old 01-23-2019, 07:32 PM

12ohclock
Default New to the site

Greetings to all from FL/GA! I am relatively new to the Porsche scene and the community. At the advice of my father, a member here and local area BMW/Porsche track rat, I signed up with you all to gain resident knowledge and share the passion for all things automotive.

If the Army grants me enough time I'll share pics/start a build thread...all I wish to offer at the moment is a teaser: Picture a '79 SC in Casablanca Beige Metallic...now picture it wrecked, burned, sloped-nosed, gutted, re-sprayed white, re-dyed white (early 80s Miami cocaine craze) and cut for a V8 conversion...

Like my dogs and family's horses, theyre all rescues, given a second chance at life. I rescued "White Gold" from the mangroves of Miami and will see it through the end probably with the assistance of a few of you all along the way.

Happy motoring!

Levi
13 Avalanche "Esmerelda"
11 Burban....shall remain nameless until moral improves
Old 01-23-2019, 08:08 PM
Essential Personnel

VaSteve has one HoF thread

Welcome!
Old 02-09-2019, 05:24 PM

Pklough

Hi all,

Have been lurking around here for awhile and have a few posts but figured it was time to intro. I’ve been a motorcycle fanatic / racer / collector since elementary school, got infected with 911 fever a few years back and have had an 03 Targa and 14 Carrera since. Excited to say my deposit is in and I’ll be getting one of the early 992s that show up in Nova. Can’t wait! Now... when to part with the current ride?

Paul
Old 02-09-2019, 07:59 PM
Make Dorki Great Again

BlackTalon

Welcome!

- 2021 quickly disappearing...
Old 02-10-2019, 07:06 AM
I need another Porsche

Patrick3000

Paul, Welcome to the nuthouse.

Lucky owner of a couple of 911’s and another Porsche or two
Old 05-21-2019, 11:01 AM

que syrah syrah
Default Another "New to the Site" Poster

Good Morning - I recently found this site looking for information on Auto Sportsytems Group in Northern Virginia and it looked like a good group of auto enthusiasts.

I'm relatively new to the Porsche brand, owning both a 2015 Macan S purchased new for my wife in 2015 and a recent CPO 2015 911 S Cabriolet purchased in the fall of '17 for my 'fun' car. My daily drivers for the past 20 years have been and are BMW's.

Looking forward to "meeting" you and hopefully will have something useful to add. Thanks and have a good day!

Mark
Old 05-21-2019, 11:25 AM
Make Dorki Great Again

BlackTalon

Welcome, Mark. Come on out to the next Tech Session (June 8 @ Intersport in Tysons) and meet some of us and look at a bunch of cars.

Old 05-21-2019, 03:43 PM

que syrah syrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackTalon View Post
Welcome, Mark. Come on out to the next Tech Session (June 8 @ Intersport in Tysons) and meet some of us and look at a bunch of cars.
Thank you for the invite, unfortunately I'll be out of town. Maybe next time.
Old 09-23-2019, 10:33 PM

youngturk

Howdy fellow car guys and gals. My name is John Konakci. I've enjoyed reading some of the posts on your forum. Sounds like a close-knit group. I hope to be in the market for a 981 Cayman S or GTS very soon (I want to stay with the last of the non-turbo generation.) I live in Austin, Texas. I love to drive, and I enjoy sharing this passion with others through driving events, both short and long. Here's a brief bio of me. I have organized 83 driving tours over the past 14 years. My focus has always been on creating the most thrilling yet safest driving events anyone has ever experienced. My dear friend Tuffy von Briesen, who thinks very highly of your group and used to live in your area, told me about your group. He thought some of you might appreciate finding out about a multi-day driving tour I have planned in January 2020 when most of you might not be able to enjoy your cars due to the harsh winter conditions. This is a non-PCA event. But before I share any details, I wanted to introduce myself and ask for permission. Is it okay for me to do a brief post about this special run?
Old 09-23-2019, 11:35 PM
Make Dorki Great Again

BlackTalon

Welcome, John. Many of us here drove for years with Tuffy.

Please feel free to post about the event.