Craigslist unisaw find. - Page 2 - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Technical & Track Disussions > Other Technical Discussions » Craigslist unisaw find.

Other Technical Discussions A place for technical discussions NOT related to Porsche or BMW. Other makes, home DIY, etc.

Old 01-02-2022, 04:31 PM
Porkchop & SGB for prez!

Vicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threads

Yep the 52 unifence. My contractor had the 32. I mothballed the contractor and stole the fence for this setup. Replaced the bearings with some good deep groove bearings. Took the machine apart, cleaned and lubricated what needed it, reworked and air sealed the case for dust collection. This required making a box to cover the motor and adding a 4 inch duct at the bottom of the case. Put things back together with a new set of belts. Sanded and painted the case and built the table while the paint was drying. 48”X96” working deck with a router plate built into the far end. Lots of working space for cutting flat stock and FSA for assembling things. The holes in the sides are for clamps. Will add some dovetails for deck clamps later. Have a roll around table that will be set to the same hight as the saw deck so it can be used as an out feed table when needed. Tuned everything to OCD levels of true and square. The contractor saw was tuned and cut well enough for all but the most precise small work. This saw cuts as well and a bit better in thick stock as the RPMs are more stable.
The saw and router share the fence guide and there is also a high precision incremental fence for small accurate stuff like triple and micro dovetails.
The original wiring had the control power transformer on when the unit was plugged in. Power pig and you could hear it throughout the shop. I added a slap switch that cuts power to the transformer so it is a emergency switch and a shutoff at the same time.

Up next is a 4X8 router gantry for slab flatting and more. Starting to finally fill up the shop.

For some reason my small auxiliary dog Beans now likes to sleep in the bottom 1/2 of a 55 gallon bucket. He hangs out in the shop whenever I am there and often flops over wherever after chewing up any wood scraps he finds. Now he jumps in the barrel and zonks out.
Attached Images

“Those that can make you believe in absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” Voltaire.

"There is grandeur in this view of life...." Darwin.

The mountains are calling and I must go.

“The earth has music for those who listen”
Shakespeare.

You Matter.
(Until you multiply yourself times the speed of light squared. Then you Energy)

“We’ve got lots of theories, we just don’t have the evidence’.

Last edited by Vicegrip; 01-03-2022 at 07:16 AM.
Old 01-02-2022, 11:31 PM

cmartin

Nice setup, the saw looks brand new

Outfeed table ... the luxury of space
Old 01-03-2022, 09:45 AM
Professional coach

Rob in VA

As I was reading your post, I was hoping you'd include a picture of the pup. Otherwise it would be criminal.

BMW Spec E46 #609

BMW specE30 #609

2004 911 GT3 - Seal Grey
Old 01-03-2022, 10:10 AM
Porkchop & SGB for prez!

Vicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threads

Two of the three pictured. Buck the English black lab photobombed one. He is a big solid handsome fella that recently came to live with us.

Cmartin, oh to be sure I know the joy of space in a wood shop. My original was 1/4 this and I had to store this to use that. I still have some space even with the 115”X 60 router gantry table. What to find next? Still looking for a rebuildable 6 or 8 inch jointer. A spiral head 20 inch planer would not hurt ether. Might have to move into the other section of the shop.
Attached Images

“Those that can make you believe in absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” Voltaire.

Shakespeare.

You Matter.

Old 01-03-2022, 12:22 PM
Lifer

jbailey930

Beautiful rehab, Kurt! And as usual well documented. Lovely shop puppies.

FWIW, I have a spare Jet 6 inch jointer at my MIL's in Oakton. Its yours if you want to make the drive in. Last time I used it 10 years ago it ran great. I bought it when my Makita combo planer/jointer needed the feed rollers redone. Probably needs surface rust and general cleaning. She is close to 123 and 66. PM for details if you are interested.
86 911 Targa (sold/missed)
Old 01-03-2022, 01:51 PM
Porkchop & SGB for prez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbailey930 View Post
Beautiful rehab, Kurt! And as usual well documented. Lovely shop puppies.

FWIW, I have a spare Jet 6 inch jointer at my MIL's in Oakton. Its yours if you want to make the drive in. Last time I used it 10 years ago it ran great. I bought it when my Makita combo planer/jointer needed the feed rollers redone. Probably needs surface rust and general cleaning. She is close to 123 and 66. PM for details if you are interested.
A 6 inch Jet would be great! Jet makes good stuff and you can get parts and aftermarket for them. Would love to take you up on it but I cannot take it for free.

I still go into Tyson’s 3 times a month.

Shakespeare.

You Matter.

Old 01-03-2022, 03:30 PM
Lifer

jbailey930

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicegrip View Post
A 6 inch Jet would be great! Jet makes good stuff and you can get parts and aftermarket for them. Would love to take you up on it but I cannot take it for free.

I still go into Tyson’s 3 times a month.
We can work something out. My mother in law bugged me about it and the grandboys don't have room for it unfortunately. PM or email me at john(dot)bailey(at sign)rennlist.net
86 911 Targa (sold/missed)
Old 01-05-2022, 08:14 AM

onboost

Kurt's got all the fun tolls and machinery... !hat shall we build next?!
RGruppe #180
PCA Potomac + 35yrs
So many cars..so little time!!
Old 01-06-2022, 08:02 AM
Porkchop & SGB for prez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbailey930 View Post
We can work something out. My mother in law bugged me about it and the grandboys don't have room for it unfortunately. PM or email me at john(dot)bailey(at sign)rennlist.net
Email and pm sent.

Shakespeare.

You Matter.

Old 01-22-2022, 03:31 PM
Porkchop & SGB for prez!

Big thanks to John Bailey! The Jet jointer and nice wheel set cleaned up in about 20 min. Spent some time with my son Ryan going over the settings and OCD tuning things up a slight bit. (It did not need it).
This is now Ryans new favorite wood working machine. He makes tool handles from the White Ash killed by the emerald ash bugs and the jointer is handy for making blanks that are close to finished shape. Less time with the rasp.

Thanks again for the nice addition to to shop!
Attached Images

Shakespeare.

You Matter.