WTB Traqmate cable - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Classifieds > Other Stuff For Sale » WTB Traqmate cable

Other Stuff For Sale Place for For Sale and WTB posts for non-Porsche and non-BMW stuff that YOU have. Not strictly moderated like the other For Sale forums.

Old 11-26-2020, 05:09 PM

Molly2001
Default WTB Traqmate cable

I was gifted a Traqmate base and have everything I need...except the cable to connect the unit to a computer so that I can pull data.
Looking for the cable that makes that connection -OR- pin-out info so that I may build a cable myself.
Thanks everyone!
Niel V
Old 11-26-2020, 09:17 PM

mlytle

base connects to display. all the data is stored in the display. display unit to computer uses a simple common USB cable.

at least that is how both my traqmates work...
97 M3
Old 11-27-2020, 07:56 AM

Molly2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlytle View Post
base connects to display. all the data is stored in the display. display unit to computer uses a simple common USB cable.

at least that is how both my traqmates work...
Yeah but... this is just the base unit & has no display. There is a round connector on the unit end & an RS232 on the other end (yes, old stuff). I can use a converter to get the RS232 to USB. Presumably the cable came to me with the unit, but I cannot find it.

Thanks -
Old 11-27-2020, 09:02 AM

mlytle

rs232 is the plug for inputs...rpm, tps, etc.
round connector goes to the display unit.

believe you need a display unit....unless you have the "basic" version that has a big red record button on the end with the round DIN connector. in that case the DIN connector is the comms port. i assume you have found the manuals at https://store.traqmate.com/?

might be good to search the net or someone selling an entire system....should be cheap...they all are super old. to be blunt, the thing is fairly useless without a display unit. a lot of the value is the ability to see data in real time and change settings in the car.
97 M3

Last edited by mlytle; 11-27-2020 at 09:16 AM.
Old 11-27-2020, 01:06 PM

Molly2001

Quote:
rs232 is the plug for inputs...rpm, tps, etc.
round connector goes to the display unit.

believe you need a display unit....unless you have the "basic" version that has a big red record button on the end with the round DIN connector. in that case the DIN connector is the comms port. i assume you have found the manuals at https://store.traqmate.com/?

might be good to search the net or someone selling an entire system....should be cheap...they all are super old. to be blunt, the thing is fairly useless without a display unit. a lot of the value is the ability to see data in real time and change settings in the car.
Marshall -

I have the Basic unit with the big red button! I have the manuals but cannot find pin-out data. Yes the RS232 is the input connector - previous install had this connected to the Tachometer. What I stated wrong is the computer end of the cable is a comm-port connector / smaller than the RS-232 - you are correct. This unit came from my brother. He would pull the data after DE sessions into the computer and work with that. Getting a display unit might be the route to take.
Old 11-27-2020, 03:52 PM

mlytle

wish i had one of those basic cables for you, or at least have one to be able to wring out to get pin outs. both mine are display unit versions so just simple usb from DU to computer. you might want to try seaching the traqmate forum to see if the cable data was posted there somewhere.

get a DU if you can. enables quick setup changes, review of session lap times without computer, and real time display of lap times, lap counts and predictive lap timing. sooo worth it. i have one permanently mounted in track car, another i made "portable" that i move between other cars, and we have one hard wired in our race car.

wish the company was still in biz. the software for looking at the data is so much better than the AIM stuff.
97 M3
Old 11-27-2020, 08:06 PM

Molly2001

Quote:
wish i had one of those basic cables for you, or at least have one to be able to wring out to get pin outs. both mine are display unit versions so just simple usb from DU to computer. you might want to try seaching the traqmate forum to see if the cable data was posted there somewhere.

get a DU if you can. enables quick setup changes, review of session lap times without computer, and real time display of lap times, lap counts and predictive lap timing. sooo worth it. i have one permanently mounted in track car, another i made "portable" that i move between other cars, and we have one hard wired in our race car.

wish the company was still in biz. the software for looking at the data is so much better than the AIM stuff.
Thanks -

I will look for the DU as you suggest. Need to find one with the cable of course. I need to check out the forum again - memory says I wasn't able to get in. I thought that would be a good place for help.
Thanks for your comments / ideas.
Old 11-27-2020, 08:45 PM

mlytle

display unit has a cable attached. if extension needed, it is a standard DIN-DIN cable.

yeah, bummer. looks like forum is dead.

ebay...full system!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Traqmate-Da...IAAOSwXkRftVLW

here is one that has a pic of the cable deal you need for yours. top right of system pic. din to serial adapter connected to a serial to USB adapter.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Traqmate-Da...EAAOSw8GFfhdAD

DU in my track car.
97 M3

Last edited by mlytle; 11-27-2020 at 09:06 PM.
Old 11-27-2020, 09:24 PM
Colorado's finest

Dr K has two HoF threadsDr K has two HoF threads

I have a display unit but would charge $50 for it, and that whole system on eBay (with the analog box for sensors) would be <$50 shipped (so far) - go for the eBay unit if you can get it.

2016 Cayman S
1999 Miata ("SM") race car
2016 Toyota Highlander--tow vehicle/wife's DD
2017 VW GTI SE (DD)

Gone and missed:
1992 Miata ("SSM") race car
2009 911 C2S Coupe
2004 Toyota Prius - sold to son's girlfriend
2006 Dodge Durango
2003 Acura MDX
86 Black 911 Coupe race car
86 Gold 911 Targa
82 WineRedMetallic 911 Targa
Old 11-28-2020, 05:17 PM

Molly2001

Quote:
display unit has a cable attached. if extension needed, it is a standard DIN-DIN cable.

yeah, bummer. looks like forum is dead.

ebay...full system!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Traqmate-Da...IAAOSwXkRftVLW

here is one that has a pic of the cable deal you need for yours. top right of system pic. din to serial adapter connected to a serial to USB adapter.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Traqmate-Da...EAAOSw8GFfhdAD

DU in my track car.
Thanks
I will keep an eye on the bay auction.