Summit Point Shenandoah Event - June 6-7 - POSTPONED - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Technical & Track Disussions > Track Talk » Summit Point Shenandoah Event - June 6-7 - POSTPONED

Track Talk A place to talk about Track and DE Events, share driving tips and other Track related items.

Old 04-26-2020, 12:45 PM

Mrs. B-Man
Default Summit Point Shenandoah Event - June 6-7 - POSTPONED

PLEASE SEE NOTE SENT TO REGISTERED DRIVERS FOR SHEN EVENT:

Dear Registered Driver for the Summit Point Shenandoah Track Drivers’ Education Potomac Event – June 6th & 7th, 2020.

Thank you, as always, for choosing to drive with the PCA Potomac region.** You have many choices of track venues and car organizations, and we are so fortunate to have a dedicated corps of drivers and instructors who repeatedly choose us as their preferred club.

We have been in frequent discussions with Summit Point Motorsports Park regarding our contracted event scheduled in June on the Shenandoah circuit.*** The leadership at Summit Point, Potomac’s “home track”, has been very amenable to postponing or rescheduling events due to the COVID-19 crisis.** We have a true partnership*and a long relationship which has spanned decades and they have been a pleasure to deal with during this pandemic.

It is my personal responsibility and the social responsibility of Potomac to ensure that the health and safety of our membership is the top priority when making decisions during this unprecedented time. *

To that end, we have made the decision to postpone this two-day event to a future date TBD.*** Our Track Coordinator and DE Chairs are reviewing both Potomac’s available schedule and that of Summit Point to try to find a mutually agreeable date for both parties.* *This event will be "canceled" in MSR and a new event will be created once the details are finalized.* *No one has been charged for this event, so there will be no credits or refunds issued.

Please know that everyone in the leadership team in PCA Potomac is working behind the scenes to ensure our events remain the premiere driving experiences you are accustomed to having with our club.* We are feverishly planning what on-site registration, meetings, tech and general socialization will look like at our summer events and beyond taking into consideration the health guidelines for social distancing and recommendations from the government, the CDC and the WHO; as well as the states’ directives for our members and our event locations.

We are as excited to get behind the wheels of our Porsches (and other marques) and on the straights and turns of our favorite circuits as much as you are and eagerly look forward to seeing our PCA Potomac family in person soon!

If you have any questions or comments regarding this decision or any of our COVID-19 plans, please direct them to me:

Mia@pcapotomac.org

With my sincere gratitude,

Mia

Mia Walsh, President
Porsche Club of America
Potomac, The Founders’ Region
2009 Cayman S #271 GTB1
2009 White Cayman S #271 (GTB1 Class)
2015 White Boxster S
2015 Blue Cayenne Diesel
1972 911 S - color in process

His, all his: B-man's 2005 White GT3 Cup Car plus a number of other ones whose seats are not able to be adjusted so my legs can't reach the pedals so I can't drive them.

GONE: This list got too long.

GTB1 TRIPLE PODIUM WINNER xoxo
2015 Potomac Club Race Rookie of the Year