So, anyone find cool stuff at Hershey ?? - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Miscellaneous Discussions > Fun Runs and Upcoming Events in our area. » So, anyone find cool stuff at Hershey ??

Fun Runs and Upcoming Events in our area. Post upcoming NoVA/DC/MD events here. You can also use the Calendar for scheduling.

Old 04-26-2003, 07:02 PM

rs911t has one HoF thread
Default So, anyone find cool stuff at Hershey ??

Inquiring minds want to know!

When in doubt, always mount a scratch monkey.

Leesburg, VA
Old 04-26-2003, 10:05 PM

BW911

Oh yes indeed, Greg, but I think everyone is too pooped to log on. We had a soggy but fun day starting with the predawn caravan gathering at the 7-11. Several of the hard cores drove P-cars despite the downpour -- Ted, Richard, Dan, Jim & Lu, myself, and perhaps some others I can't recall right now. Others took more conventional vehicles including Doug's Porsche-support minivan.

Last time I saw Jim he was carrying some greasy but promising hard oil lines for his upcoming oil cooler project on the 911E. Marc scored 5 wheels, and he can explain the 5th wheel. Just about all of us got as many oil filters as we could carry at $4 apiece. Ted had a chin spoiler and more stuff than I could identify crammed into his Carrera. Jazz Bass snaged some Rennline pedals, as did Ted as I recall. Rennline had pretty good show prices on all their items. Eric found some 914 trim bits. I went for some brushed aluminum Rennline interior trim bits and a well broken-in driver or mechanic's suit; it's hard to tell which, but it was cheap and claims to be made of Nomex. I've determined I can fit in it, barely, but I think I'll be sending it out for cleaning before I step out in public with it. Charlie found some stuff too but I can't remember what, as sleep deprivation is kicking in. Others got stuff I can't recall either, but we all discussed it over burgers and beer afterward at a nearby sports bar, where our amazingly competent tatooed waitress pointed out that the competing ricer Tuner festival she'd planned to go to at the mall was cancelled because of the rain. Those young wimps.

We all made extremely good time heading up there and returning. Most of the P-cars carried passengers, and I'm pretty sure we didn't leave anybody behind.

You'll have to catch the next one.

8)

-Bill
Old 04-27-2003, 08:07 AM

Justin Fischer

I don't think my feet will ever dry out. I picked up some Bilsteins (after some degreaser and a metal bristle brush):

and a couple small items.
Old 04-27-2003, 09:55 AM

Jim Richards

We picked up oil lines (as Bill pointed out), a rt. front. euro turnsignal lens to match the left one we already had (unfortunately, it doesn't ), turbo tie rods, good pair of sunvisors, and new door weatherstripping seals. I wanted to think the NoVA guys for helping me with the oil line purchase and additional thanks to Doug E for carrying them home in the Porsche support vehicle.
Old 04-27-2003, 07:25 PM
Site Admin

Charlie Stylianos has disabled reputation

Lets see......

I picked up a 10 pack of oil flters, about 1/2 of those will be used during the first 1000 miles of engine break in....should of hit up the Mobil 1 guys for a discounted drum . Picked up some paint cleaner, Blitz wax and Wurth Alu-Zinc from Car Care Specialties. Found a new rubber 'smile' for cheap and a 930 air duct (for heat backdate) that fits into the engine shroud and behind the distrib. Perfect fit, don't need to form it to fit behind the distrib. My arm was twisted to buy a custom oil cooler. I wanted to wait, but was told that he's been having trouble getting these coolers anymore and 'these are my last two'. The oil cooler is quite nice, it will fit right into the fender, 30% larger than the carrera cooler and has pre-drilled holes for a Spal 7-1/2 fan. Just need to get hoses made to fit the compression fittings on the cooler.

Eric, Ted, Jbryant, Chris and myself tried to talk the Stable Energies guys into a group purchase of 5, 2-lb halon extinguishers. We waited around, and waited around while the guy was 'checking his computer' to see 'what he could do'. We finally left as he was taking forever while others were snatching up all the good booty.
Old 04-27-2003, 11:36 PM

Marc A

Justin got the buy of the day. Those Bilstein strut housings are the envy of any 911 or 914 owner.

Nice snag J-Man.
'86 951 LS1 (C-2) Gone
'77 911 3.2 (C-1) Gone
3.2 Conversion and 915 Rebuild Home Page
The 958 Conversion
Old 04-28-2003, 12:20 AM
Freeloader

914guy

Justin got the deal of the day with the Bilsteins, and the bonus is they are allready color matched to his car!

I picked up a rear bumper pad, and a rear (steel) valance for cheap, some fog light grilles, some chrome bumper mounting stuff, a clutch cable, and a bunch of stuff I can't think of now.

Hopefully next year it won't be raining out!!
~Eric
1978 911sc (gone)
1975 914 (gone)
Old 04-28-2003, 11:26 PM
Aquila Legalis

targa911man

Turbo tie rods and Rennline pedals and inside door handles.
Old 04-28-2003, 11:39 PM

Mackpipes
Default shoulda, coulda, woulda

I picked up a set of black alum. lug nuts, Rennline pedals and a 10 pack of oil filters. I'm kicking myself for not buying this beautiful black Carrera deck lid with all the hardware.

Ted
Old 04-30-2003, 08:43 AM
Site Admin

Jazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threads
Default Re: shoulda, coulda, woulda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackpipes
I'm kicking myself for not buying this beautiful black Carrera deck lid with all the hardware.
I told you you'd regret it .

I go some of the black Rennline pedals (which are great, BTW), some of the requisite oil filters and a fuel/oil level gauge to convert to a volt/CHT gauge to replace my clock. The volt part is done and installed in the car. I just need to convert the other side to CHT and get a new face screened.
1999 E46 328i