Hose crimper - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Classifieds > Tools Needed/For Loan » Hose crimper

Tools Needed/For Loan If you need to borrow some tools, or have tools to loan, post here.

Old 06-09-2022, 10:44 AM

Shifted
Default Hose crimper

Does anyone have a hose crimper for doing AN PTFE hose ends? AN6 for now.

I'm open to buying one if the price is under $500, but it looks like a new crimper with dies is about double that amount.

1987 928 S4 - Turbocharged w/ ~600 TQ/WHP, Front/Rear big brake upgrade, MegaSquirt, and a few other things.
Old 06-10-2022, 06:28 AM

RV4Flyer

See if there is a Colliflower close by. It is a candystore for hoses and fittings. They have the tools to do the crimps and can also pressure test the hose if you want. I'm sure they could do the crimps for you.

Wall of Dearly Departed Loved Ones
07 987 Cayman S
03 996
86 944
74 914
78 924

Bro Code Rule 43:
When a Bro learns another Bro has been in a traffic accident, they must first ask what condition the car is in.
Old 06-10-2022, 07:42 AM
Porkchop & SGB for prez!

Vicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threads

Tipco technologies is good too.

I have both hydraulic Parker and hydraulic Weatherhead crimpers and a selection of dies none specific to an-6 and ptfe. The right setup depends on the hose and fitting. (I tend to fiddle around with spacer settings to get a good crimp...YMMV) There are AN-6 fittings that don't require crimping too. Might be an option if not making up a bunch of assemblies. If crimped is required and not too many a pro shop might be the cheapest route.

“Those that can make you believe in absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” Voltaire.

"There is grandeur in this view of life...." Darwin.

The mountains are calling and I must go.

“The earth has music for those who listen”
Shakespeare.

You Matter.
(Until you multiply yourself times the speed of light squared. Then you Energy)

“We’ve got lots of theories, we just don’t have the evidence’.
Old 06-10-2022, 09:42 AM

Shifted

Thanks. There is a Colliflower about 30 minutes from me that I've used before for other things with good results. Unfortunately, they don't have the hose ends that I need. Specifically, M16x1.5 with the DIN 7631 flares and suitable for PTFE hose. In fact, the closest that I've been able to find in a crimp version is in aluminum from BAT Inc. I was hoping to avoid using a metric to AN adapter to reduce the number of fittings, but I'd rather use an adapter than aluminum hose ends.

It looks like I'll have to go with the self-assemble type of hose ends, plus metric to AN adapters to connect to the OEM connection points. At least it will all be steel, though.

I had an OEM fuel line burst in the engine compartment a couple of days ago and almost light the car on fire. So, I want to do this once and do it right and never have to worry about it again.

1987 928 S4 - Turbocharged w/ ~600 TQ/WHP, Front/Rear big brake upgrade, MegaSquirt, and a few other things.
Old 06-10-2022, 07:38 PM

Shifted

BTW - Thank you for the enlightenment on the crimping process and die/shim selection. That's very helpful to me.

Old 06-19-2022, 08:20 PM

Shifted

To close this loop, I ended up using bolt together reusable hose ends for PTFE line steel braided hose. I got it all from BATinc.net. Built, installed and tested on my turbocharged 928. Finding things that fit the Porsche M16x1.5 DIN 7631 fittings was a challenge!