SCWDP - it lives... - Page 4 - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Classifieds > Porsche & BMW Parts For Sale/Wanted » SCWDP - it lives...

Porsche & BMW Parts For Sale/Wanted Have Porsche/BMW clutter? Need something for your car? Post For Sale or WTB adds here. Strictly moderated.

Old 08-06-2008, 11:56 AM
tire walls are bouncy

Lupin..the..3rd

I tried it again, it still won't let me register.
Vindaloo Racing FTW!!
944's are fun

When the Wright brothers set out to create a flying machine, Science told them it was impossible.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:14 PM
Site Admin

Jazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoophead View Post
I'm still chuckling on this one - a classic line from the Simpsons.
Thank God someone got the joke. Rod and Todd would be proud.

thumb-RodToddFlanders.jpg
1999 E46 328i
Old 08-06-2008, 02:16 PM
Make Dorki Great Again

BlackTalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzbass View Post
Thank God someone got the joke. Rod and Todd would be proud.
shoot -- I thought it was a line from Taledega Nights

- 2024 is the year, beeches...
Old 08-06-2008, 02:50 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Trak Ratt has one HoF thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackTalon View Post
shoot -- I thought it was a line from Taledega Nights
I just thought it was funny the last few pages even more so...

I hope to arrive to my death, late, in love, and a little drunk!

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand... Homer Simpson

"That's what's keeping me out of F1.... Too much mental maturity...." N0tt0n

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.

CHAOS, PANIC, AND DISORDER my work here is done...

Live without pretending, Love without depending, Listen without defending, Speak without offending
Old 08-06-2008, 10:24 AM
cocainemakesyouthinner

}{arlequin

btw, here's the ultra exclusive, super serious scwdp. you know... just to remind some of you of what it was about....

i suggest you scroll through all 3 pages

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...ighlight=scwdp
i used to drove, you've probably never heard of me
Old 08-06-2008, 10:28 AM

berettafan

i get a kick out of the childish antics here but perhaps this is a bit different;

you have a guy who is trying to get a website off the ground and provide another place to go and get more p-car content which, i think, is a good thing! perhaps since this guy is making an honest effort to expande the porsche world on the 'net (regardless of motivations) you guys could leave the grade school 'you're a dork' antics aside.

dorki's seem to take a lot of pride in being good natured jokesters with the group but if you want this site to be something more than 5 or 6 guys busting each others balls you need to be a little more adult towards new folks and things like new websites.

it is particularly shameful that a 'moderator' seems incapable of doing this. not surprising, but shameful.

any time i see a new md/dc/va person on the other sites i point them here because there are some very cool and helpful folks here. yet this thread reads like something from a ricer forum.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:45 AM
Site Admin

Jazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by berettafan View Post
i get a kick out of the childish antics here but perhaps this is a bit different;

you have a guy who is trying to get a website off the ground and provide another place to go and get more p-car content which, i think, is a good thing! perhaps since this guy is making an honest effort to expande the porsche world on the 'net (regardless of motivations) you guys could leave the grade school 'you're a dork' antics aside.

dorki's seem to take a lot of pride in being good natured jokesters with the group but if you want this site to be something more than 5 or 6 guys busting each others balls you need to be a little more adult towards new folks and things like new websites.

it is particularly shameful that a 'moderator' seems incapable of doing this. not surprising, but shameful.

any time i see a new md/dc/va person on the other sites i point them here because there are some very cool and helpful folks here. yet this thread reads like something from a ricer forum.
Oh Christ. How's the view from up on your moral horse horse?

Let me explain something to everyone here who doesn't design websites for a living. Blue text on a black background is hands down one of the worst UI design mistakes one person can make. It is hard as hell to read, results in eye strain and does nothing but drive people from the website. Period. If you want to help other "Porsche sites" then one thing you can do is help make them look like they weren't designed by a 12 yr old.

So it's shameful that a moderator, who is also a professional UI designer, points out a gaping flaw in the guys website design? Did I say the site itself was a stupid idea? That he shouldn't start the website or run it? No. Just that blue text on a black background is a bad idea. Hell, if I gave even a shit (hint: I don't) and wanted the site to fail, I wouldn't have said anything.

But, there's always one guy like Berettafan. The guy who has to read wayyyyy to much into comments like this and get all bent out of shape. And then comes the hyperbole. One comment about how one aspect of the UI design is bad (and trust me - it is), and now it's "being a dick" and "a shameful display".

Please - get over yourself. And if this is too much like a "ricer" forum, then leave.
1999 E46 328i
Old 08-06-2008, 10:50 AM

HoodPin

}{ - It scares me that you can recall threads from 4 years ago...

Currently
- 1984 944 SP2 racer
- 1977 911 KM Special vintage racer
- 2012 Cayman R (also the wife's)
- 2000 Boxster S (now mine)

- 1995 993 (garage queen)
- 2007 Cayman S (wife's track beast)
- 2017 F350 (tow monster)
- 2018 Jeep Wrangler

Gone but not forgotten
- 1989 944S2
- 1979 RX7
- 1986 944
- 1991 944S2 (in car heaven...)
- 2001 Chevy Suburban 2500 (FIL's beast now)
Old 08-06-2008, 10:56 AM
Make Dorki Great Again

BlackTalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzbass View Post
I just visited the site. Neon blue text on a black background makes baby Jesus cry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ986S View Post
}{ - It scares me that you can recall threads from 4 years ago...
He should be the Dorki Historian

- 2024 is the year, beeches...
Old 08-06-2008, 11:00 AM
cocainemakesyouthinner

}{arlequin

before this goes any further, do not be mistaken, all of us appreciate having all the sc-related stuff in one place. any of us support all things porsche as much as the next guy so this is a commendable move, but c'mon, ease up
Quote:
Originally Posted by berettafan View Post

i agree, which is why a person that knows a thing or two about running a website actually offered a suggestion as to what would make the website more browse/reader friendly. a bad color combo is just that- awful on the eyes. as to HOW that suggestion was made... maybe a slightly thicker skin would be able to take in the message and not the way it was conveyed

re 'new folks' and 'new websites', that's just it. scwdp ISN'T new. maybe the site has been refurbished/revived, but it isn't something we're unfamiliar with. many other 911 owners USED TO BE sc owners... the site seems to be excluding them, which is fine, but in fact those people could help you build a better database by providing info to whom their sc's were passed on. current 'plan' seems myopic at best.

also, v8 ranch isn't new folks either. he is in fact well known for starting lots of "the official xxxx thread" or "the ultimate xxxx thread" types of endeavours. some are more successful then others, but fun nonetheless. a suggestion about font color is hardly grounds for this type of discussion...

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=360817

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=390388

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=394902

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=396261

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=399105

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=337341

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=349342

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=332660
i used to drove, you've probably never heard of me