Recommendation Needed for DC Attorney Related to Employment and Financial Law - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Classifieds > Professional Help » Recommendation Needed for DC Attorney Related to Employment and Financial Law

Professional Help Post local shops and businesses you trust and recommend.

Old 02-01-2023, 02:31 PM
Make Dorki Great Again

BlackTalon
Default Recommendation Needed for DC Attorney Related to Employment and Financial Law

Trying to help out a friend. He basically got some company benefits that allowed him to pursue some medical care and take some leave a few months ago. He left the company after that because he needed a few months to recover (continuation of the medical).

The company recently had their attorney send him a letter stating their accounting/ benefits people erred in telling him he was eligible for the benefits, and in granting him the benefits, and he needed to pay them back. When he balked they filed a civil suit. Turns out the business owner's dad is the attorney, and the lawsuit includes paying his fees.

My friend has tried reaching out to some firms in DC but hasn't found anyone interested in taking on what to them is a small case (yet it will wipe him out). I thought someone here on Dorki may have a recommendation. I do not know the $$$ in play here, but it's more than just a few thousand dollars.

Thanks in advance.

- 2021 quickly disappearing...
Old 02-01-2023, 03:58 PM

flipb

PM sent.