Where not to go for Professional Help - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Classifieds > Professional Help » Where not to go for Professional Help

Professional Help Post local shops and businesses you trust and recommend.

Old 02-11-2004, 03:30 PM
Loose Lips Sink Ships

Parenn911 has one HoF thread
Default Where not to go for Professional Help

Just wanted to let everyone know never ever EVER take your 911 to C&J motors in Rockville, MD, not even if your 911 breaks down in front of the shop. I know I sang high praise of that place, but that was before I got jerked around and recieved the bill. What seemed like a straight forward fuse box or fuel pump problem turned into a nightmare. I was always polite, I would check with Curtis in person everytime and he would say he would have it done by Monday. Monday would come around, and he would say he will have it ready by the weekend. To make a long story short after one month of my 911 sitting up at C&J, most of the time outside , I demanded that I get my car back. He said he won't have it done until another day or so, and I said I want it back whether it's done or not. I go there, get the bill, and suddenly what was quoted to me originally as being only $400-$500 range ends up being a work order for $1000. he gives me this long story about how he was sick and he worked on it ten hours the day before to get it done. It was all a bunch of BS since all he did was replace a fuse block, ignition switch, and check the electrical wiring. Take heed to my warning, the only solution is to DIY, I have assimilated. Phew, it feels much better to get that off my chest.
Old 02-11-2004, 03:53 PM

Rick Lee has one HoF thread

Seems like all of us learn to DIY after an experience like this. I would have raised hell with that guy long before your car was finally done.
Old 02-12-2004, 12:35 PM
Loose Lips Sink Ships

Quote:
I would have raised hell with that guy long before your car was finally done.
Believe me Rick, I would have as well, but the only problem was that I was "referred" to this shop by a close friend who used to work there and learned under old man Clark who established the shop and recently passed away. It is unfortunate that after Clark was gone, Curtis took over the shop and it's quality has gone downhill. So, my friend knew Curtis and worked with him, which is the reason I did not want to come off like a jerk or an a$$. But I kept asking my friend is this normal for him to keep my 911 this long, and he said it's not. This is when I began getting suspicious. The worst part is that he agreed to have it back to me in lo later than two weeks. So I waited such a long time because I was told by folks that although he may take a little longer, his prices will be unbeatable and he knows what he is doing. Both of which turned out to be bullcrap. It's funny how these shops use their discretion as to who to treat nicely, and who to straight rip off.
Old 02-12-2004, 05:25 PM

William Miller

Sorry to hear it.
Now that I think of it. That's where my car went down hill.
The PO used the old man. He was talked into swopping his Euro 930/10 block for a "recently rebuilt" 82 us long block. That's where my nightmare begain. I later found a piece of paperwork in the file that the PO gave me. It was a recipt for the motor that C&J bought from a salvage operation.

No wonder!

Chip off the ole' block?
'08 335i Blue Sedan
'05 Chevy Tahoe green
'98 Jeep Cherokee XJ "Blue"
'01 Toyota 4 Runner "Pearl"

Darnestown, Maryland
Old 02-12-2004, 10:34 PM

estrellajon

Pari, sorry to hear that. When did you pick up your car? I thought you had your car this whole time.
Old 02-13-2004, 12:19 AM
Loose Lips Sink Ships

Jon, I have had my 911 the whole time. This incident happend when I first bought the SC, back in early October. I just thought about letting people know where not to go after hearing about your stories, and maybe they might not have to face getting robbed. I think about it and it makes me vexed, I'm like thats a G I could have used to get new Recaro PP's or put it toward some Fikse or Kinesis wheels.
Old 02-13-2004, 08:04 AM

estrellajon

You're absolutely right. Wow I did not know you were raped that much for what it was. To top it off, they sat on your car for a month or more.