FS: 2000 996 Millennium Edition, 6spd, $16,500 - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Classifieds > Porsche & BMW Cars For Sale/Wanted » FS: 2000 996 Millennium Edition, 6spd, $16,500

Porsche & BMW Cars For Sale/Wanted Post For Sale or WTB adds for Porsche & BMW cars here. Strictly moderated.

Old 06-21-2018, 10:30 AM

JimmyB
Default FS: 2000 996 Millennium Edition, 6spd, $16,500

Hey all, seven years of living in the area and I only just found this place. First post so be nice.

I'm sadly selling my beloved 911. Don't let the mileage put you off. This is a well looked after 996 with no need for the purchaser to spend an additional $5k on deferred maintenance or peace-of-mind items, as with so many of them. I was planning on keeping it a long time but a change in personal circumstances means I'm losing my garage and going down to one car.

- New replacement engine from Porsche in 2008 at 50k miles. This is the later, ‘big IMS bearing' motor
- Extensive Porsche main dealer history from sale as a CPO car in 2006 to PO’s ownership in 2013; self-maintenance records since then. I have it all tabulated in a spreadsheet
- Complete suspension overhaul / replacement by a combination of myself and the previous owner - Euro M030 springs and shocks but also wheel bearings, ball joints etc - it drives beautifully
- Designtek exhaust from the UK with 200 cell cats - wonderful sound, no CEL
- Transmission pinion bearing redone by previous owner. Clutch done at the same time, I believe, although no receipts for this . I installed the Function First shifter - shifting is really crisp
- Whole bunch of preventative maintenance and upgrades - third radiator, low temp thermostat, water pump, coolant tank, engine mounts, coolant hoses, brake and coolant flush, and probably some things I’m forgetting. DT40 every 5,000 miles during my ownership
- Wood redone on steering wheel, driver’s door handle and armrest; leather retrimmed on steering wheel and seat bolsters. Comes with a plain leather steering wheel if you don't like the wood
- PCM1 with added USB / iPhone input
- Carrera III rims, 15mm front and 7mm rear spacers

Points I'd address if I were keeping the car:
- Passenger door wood trim would benefit from refinishing - the cracking isn't too bad but it's noticeable
- Leather on the underside of the handbrake is torn
- Paint is maybe 8/10? One touched-in paint scratch on the left rear flank, maybe an inch long, which you notice once you know it’s there; Some stone chips and scratches under the spoiler commensurate with age and mileage; a slight key scratch by the driver’s door lock
- Remotes are flaky; I suspect the standard solder-joint issue
- Noticed a slight crack in the oil filler recently - it's duct taped for now, I have the part and will install it before sale, pay my indy to do it or deduct the equivalent of a couple of hours' labour from the price.

All questions, PPI requests etc welcome. I'm in Falls Church, VA.

Selling because I'm downsizing, moving into the District and need something fun, automatic and that I don't mind parking on the street - potential trades along these lines welcome.

More pictures here
Old 06-21-2018, 01:40 PM

Mark Hubley

You said don't be put off by the mileage, but I don't see in your post or the linked pictures what the mileage actually is. Perhaps I'm missing it?

I like the black and tan!

Formerly owned Porsche/BMW:
1986 944 Turbo
2006 325i
2000 911
1987 924S
1999 Boxster
1986 944
Old 06-22-2018, 08:50 AM

Casey914 has two HoF threadsCasey914 has two HoF threads

i think all of those cars were violetchromatechnoflair or something like that. They are interesting cars for sure. One of the first "modern" porsches I ever drove.
Old 06-22-2018, 05:24 PM

JimmyB

Ahh sorry yes, I meant to put the mileage in the title ... 141,800 or so.

Casey, you’re right, violet chromaflair is the colour. It’s black or green or brown or purple depending on the light, but it’s quite subtle and goes well with the natural brown leather. I love it, but it’s a polarising combination
Old 06-30-2018, 01:14 PM

JimmyB

SOLD, and on its way to Detroit. I’ll miss it a lot.
Old 07-12-2018, 03:07 PM

ILUCKY1

Where did you get your steering wheel wood and leather redone?
Old 07-12-2018, 03:15 PM

JmuRiz

Wow, sold my '74 to the Detroit area too...I guess it's economy is coming back
‘19 SQ5

Gone but not forgotten:
'02 S6 Avant - trans blew, but rebuilt as a 6-speed by new owner
'99.5 A4 2.8QT - tree fell on it after 20 years
‘74 MB 280C - traded for paint/rust repair/6-conversion mods on the 914
Old 07-31-2018, 04:17 PM

JimmyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUCKY1 View Post
Where did you get your steering wheel wood and leather redone?
A guy in Florida, custom-steering-wheels.com. Not sure I'd recommend him - it took forever, with a lot of chasing, and the quality of the work is OK but not as good as I hoped. There's a whole thread on Rennlist where someone else had a bad experience with their e-brake cover.

I'm told the folks at Dallas Custom Steering Wheel are the place to go, but I've no experience or affiliation.

PS JmuRiz is that a Metro in your avatar?!