Guns, Ammo and Such - - Page 6 - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Miscellaneous Discussions > Miscellaneous Discussions » Guns, Ammo and Such -

Miscellaneous Discussions Off Topic (OT) items that really don't fit into any other Category

Old 10-09-2011, 05:47 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Trak Ratt has one HoF thread

BTW the English had their own version dating back to the early/mid 18th century. Used a sphere under the fore stock. Sadly it was a single shot where the Girandonis had a magazine parallel to the fore stock that held 20 rounds. Neat breach loader that slid to the side to load the next round into battery.

I hope to arrive to my death, late, in love, and a little drunk!

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand... Homer Simpson

"That's what's keeping me out of F1.... Too much mental maturity...." N0tt0n

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.

CHAOS, PANIC, AND DISORDER my work here is done...

Live without pretending, Love without depending, Listen without defending, Speak without offending
Old 11-20-2011, 04:55 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Live without pretending, Love without depending, Listen without defending, Speak without offending
Old 11-27-2011, 09:34 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Another section of the world’s deadliest weapons. Today's list includes weapons which are technically advanced such as Machine Guns, Sub Machine Guns, Rifles and Sniper Rifles. I have to admit I like them all even if I've only had a chance to shoot a couple of them.
1o. Heckler-Koch HK MG4 MG43 Machine Gun

This light machine gun that is belt-fed 5.56mm was designed and developed by the German Company Heckler & Koch. The weapons creation was in the late 1990s and first public glimpse was in September 2001. The product has a lightweight design, which provided maximum safety to its user along with high reliability under adverse conditions. In addition, its ammunition came in a wide variety from different manufacturers without the need to adjust its gas system. Initially the design was known as the MG43 and today, it has replaced many other machine guns of its time due to better technical features.
9. Accuracy International AS50 Snipe Rifle

The weapon AS50 was manufactured by a British firm named as the Accuracy International. The most popular feature of it is that it enables its user to focus on its target from a very long rage with high accuracy. This rifle is highly transportable, ergonomic and lightweight. In addition, the disassembling of an AS50 could be acquired under three minutes without any tool usage. Other design features include two part machined steel reciver, additional rails and accuracy of 1.5 MOA. The AS50 weighs 14.1 kilograms (31 lb) empty and holds five rounds of .50 BMG in a single stack removable box magazine.
8. F-2000 Assault rifle

The F2000 Assault Rifle was designed by FN Herstal in Belgium. The F2000 was manufactured publicly in 2001 at an exhibition held in Abu Dhabi. Its features include a modular weapon system and a compact 5.56x45m Nato caliber configured in a bull pup layout. The rifle consists of two main assemblies and a removable hand guard is installed in front of the trigger, which completes and encloses the trigger guard. As for the safety in concerned the fire selected doubles as the weapons manual safety and secures the firearm against accidental discharge. Thus, making the F2000 is a selective fire weapon operating from a closed bolt.
7. Heckler & Koch HK 416 Assault Rifle

The F2000 Assault Rifle was designed by FN Herstal in Belgium. The F2000 was manufactured publicly in 2001 at an exhibition held in Abu Dhabi. Its features include a modular weapon system and a compact 5.56x45m Nato caliber configured in a bull pup layout. The rifle consists of two main assemblies and a removable hand guard is installed in front of the trigger, which completes and encloses the trigger guard. As for the safety in concerned the fire selected doubles as the weapons manual safety and secures the firearm against accidental discharge. Thus, making the F2000 is a selective fire weapon operating from a closed bolt. 6. XM307 ACSW Advanced Heavy Machine Gun

ACSW stands for Advanced Crew Served Weapon. The XM307 was a 25mm belt-felt smart shell Grenade Machine Gun. It is designed to be light weighted and two men usable guns as well as the ability to be mounted on a vehicle. The range through which it can kill people is two thousand meters and can destroy watercrafts, helicopters and light armored vehicles, at thousand meters. It was designed by the U.S army in order to replace and supplement the MK 19 Grenade Launcher and M2 Heavy Machine Gun. It could fire up to 25 mm air burst style and point detonating ammunition, at a constant rate of two hundred and sixty rounds a minute and with a range as effective as up to 2 kilometers.
5. Kalashnikov AK 47 Assault Rifle from Russia

Mikhail Kalashnikov developed the AK-47 in the Soviet Union. This is a selective fire, gas operated 7.62x39mm assault rifle. Its design work started in World War II and after 1946; AK-47 officially introduced for military trials. Even after six decades, this model is most widely used and popular assault rifles in the world because of its durability, low production cost and ease of use. Its manufacturing is done in many countries and has been in seen service with armed forces as well as revolutionary and terrorist organizations worldwide. The AK-47 was the basis for developing many other types of individual and crew-served firearms
4. MG 3 Machine Gun from Germany

The MG 3 which is a German general purpose machine gun officially created for the 7.62x51mm Nato Catridge. The design of this weapon is also derived from World War II. The MG3 was developed in the late 1950s and still after a long time, it is used to serve as a squad support weapon which can also be used as a machine gun mounted on a vehicle. The weapon and its derivatives have also been acquired by the armed forces of over 30 countries. Production rights to the machine gun were purchased by Italy, Spain, Pakistan, Greece, Iran, Sudan and Turkey.
3. Uzi Sub-machine Gun

Major Uziel Gal in Israel designed the Uzi submachine Gun. It is related to the species of blow-back operated and open bolt system submachine guns. Machine pistols are considered as the smaller variants and it is one of the initially weapons to use the design of telescoping bolt that creates allowance for the magazine to be used as a pistol grip for a shorter and smaller weapon, a design not seen since the Japanese Type II machine pistol. In 1950, its prototype was completed as majorly. Rear-echelon troops, officers, artillery troops and tankers, as well as a frontline weapon have defined it as a personal defense weapon by elite light infantry assault forces.
2. Thomson M1921 M1928 Sub-machine Gun/ Tommy Gun

The Thompson M1921 M1928 Submachine Gun invented by John T. Thompson under the category American submachine guns, in 1919. During the prohibitionera was not so famous and was used by both the parties of the law enforcement officials as well as criminals. This submachine gun is also known as Tommy gun or Trench Broom. Due to its ergonomics, it was favored by both evil and good people, in addition, the gun’s compactness, reliability, large cartridge and high volume of automatic fire all added up to its advantage. Since then it has become popular amongst gun collectors and users.
1. DSR-Precision DSR 50 Sniper Rifle

DSR 50 is a sniper rifle that includes necessary modifications to fire the more powerful .50 caliber round. It is a bolt action, anti material rifle that is manufactured in Germany. The DSR 50 when it comes to design follows the bull pup along with the free-floating barrel technology. The foldable bipod is placed on top of where the barrel is found, and the malleable front grip is placed below the barrel. The DSR 50 features fully adjustable butt sock and cheek piece. The holder for spare magazine is installed upfront at the start of trigger guard that decreases reloading time.DSR 50-action features a match-grade with a fluted barrel that could be quickly interchanged and is fixed with the help of three screws into receiver.

Old 12-01-2011, 10:07 PM

pookie

Gun thread seems like the appropriate place to ask this....I have roughly 1500 rounds of 9mm ammo that I don't need and would like to sell. Long story cut way down, but I have 9mm but I can't carry it. I'm not selling the gun but I really don't need 2K+ rounds of ammo for a gun I rarely shoot. So....how do I sell ammo? You aren't supposed to list ammo on craigslist, so where can I list it?

It is 1000 rounds of this stuff:
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/2WNQ4172BX-1.html

Plus 500 rounds of this stuff:
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM4061-1.html

And I am keeping about 750 rounds of this stuff:
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM403-5.html

1976 911S Targa 3.2 swap
Old 12-01-2011, 11:05 PM

Mackliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie View Post
Gun thread seems like the appropriate place to ask this....I have roughly 1500 rounds of 9mm ammo that I don't need and would like to sell. Long story cut way down, but I have 9mm but I can't carry it. I'm not selling the gun but I really don't need 2K+ rounds of ammo for a gun I rarely shoot. So....how do I sell ammo? You aren't supposed to list ammo on craigslist, so where can I list it?

It is 1000 rounds of this stuff:
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/2WNQ4172BX-1.html

Plus 500 rounds of this stuff:
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM4061-1.html

And I am keeping about 750 rounds of this stuff:
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM403-5.html
I would suggest posting a for sale add in the Classified section of SIGforum.com.

86 944T

Gone
92 Carrera Cup USA
87 944T
95 Cab
Old 12-01-2011, 11:10 PM
Site Admin

Jazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackliet View Post
I would suggest posting a for sale add in the Classified section of SIGforum.com.
I'd suggest putting an ad for sale here.
1999 E46 328i
Old 12-02-2011, 05:31 AM

Landjet

I'd suggest holding on to it for when the economy crashes and looters come to your house looking for food.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:27 AM

pookie

Mackliet- is that one of the forums where you have to havea certain number of post before you can post in the classifieds?

Jazz- I will post it here, but I am in Knoxville TN now and I don't know if having to pay shipping would make it worth it to anyone.

Landjet- have no fear, even if I sell all the 9mm I'll still have enough of some other stuff to fight off the zombies...

Guys, I also have one of these that I'm not using and considering selling/trading. Is there a market for used scopes? It's been stuck in the safe so long I have to look and see if it is the 40mm or the 50mm, but I do know it is this model.
http://www.leupold.com/tactical/prod...0x40mm-lrt-m1/

1976 911S Targa 3.2 swap
Old 12-02-2011, 08:05 AM

pjalexandre

Post it here. I may be able to take some of it off your hands. Can you get this stuff to NOVA or will we still have to ship it? Big consideration.

Last edited by pjalexandre; 12-02-2011 at 08:37 AM.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:16 AM

Mackliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie View Post
Mackliet- is that one of the forums where you have to havea certain number of post before you can post in the classifieds?

Guys, I also have one of these that I'm not using and considering selling/trading. Is there a market for used scopes? It's been stuck in the safe so long I have to look and see if it is the 40mm or the 50mm, but I do know it is this model.
http://www.leupold.com/tactical/prod...0x40mm-lrt-m1/
I'm not sure about SIGforum...I don't think there is any minimum posts required. It is quite active. I'm sure there is a market for scopes too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzbass View Post
I'd suggest putting an ad for sale here.
Of course. I thought that was just understood.

86 944T

Gone
92 Carrera Cup USA
87 944T
95 Cab