More Covid 19 restrictions at Summit - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Technical & Track Disussions > Track Talk » More Covid 19 restrictions at Summit

Track Talk A place to talk about Track and DE Events, share driving tips and other Track related items.

Old 07-15-2020, 03:11 PM

Racer29
Default More Covid 19 restrictions at Summit

Summit Motorsports Park has posted new more strict Covid 19 procedures for track days. Check out their Facebook page. Stay safe

Kevin Marcus

04 Carrera
87 G50 Carrera
77 Corvette
2008 Cayenne S
Old 07-15-2020, 03:15 PM
Essential Personnel

VaSteve has one HoF thread

For those not on Facebook can you post a synopsis? We were just there this weekend...
Old 07-15-2020, 03:19 PM
not a real doctor.

DrFraserCrane

Pdf posted: https://summitpoint-raceway.com/wp-c...-7.14.2020.pdf
'95 M3
'95 C2 Coupe
Old 07-15-2020, 03:27 PM
Make Dorki Great Again

BlackTalon

You are welcome

Summit Point Raceway Guidelines

GENERAL RULES

o All participants, crew and essential support personnel will be required to remain in their individual
paddock space unless going to restroom or supporting vehicles.

o Social Distancing: Implement social distancing guidelines of at least six feet between individuals who
do not reside together. Where physical distancing is not possible, implement use of physical barriers to
reduce customer contact.

o Layout: Adjust layout and close or restrict access to equipment in order to maintain at least six feet of
distance between customers, and/or provide adequate physical barriers between available
seating/equipment.

o Signage: Post extensive signage on health policies, including the following documents in the workplace
to help educate all on COVID-19 best practices:

o CDC: Stop the Spread of Germs
o CDC: COVID-19 Symptoms

o Restrooms: To the maximum extent practicable, limit the number of individuals in a restroom to
ensure proper social distancing and ensure that frequently touched surfaces are appropriately
disinfected on a time-based schedule performed by maintenance crews. (e.g., door knobs and handles
that cannot be otherwise removed).

o All common areas such as point of sale equipment, doorknobs, light switches, buttons, table surfaces,
and all other commonly touched surfaces must be frequently cleaned and sanitized. Rented or shared
materials should be cleaned after use by each customer and such customers may be asked to assist in
cleaning.

o Limitations: Common areas, break rooms, and other areas in which customers or employees may
congregate should be closed or limited to the greatest extent possible, and to the extent such locations
cannot be closed; seating and other furniture should be arranged to allow for proper social distancing.

o Limit access: Use of popular areas of congregation may need to be limited to avoid overcrowding and
encourage proper social distancing.

ALL PERSONS SAFETY

o PPE: All persons must wear proper personal protection equipment (PPE), including cloth face
coverings, when outside of your own paddock space and/or in the presence of individuals whom you do
not reside with. This policy is in conjunction with WV executive order No. 50-20.
Excerpt from WV executive order NO. 50-20 dated 7/6/2020

1. “All individuals age 9 and over within the state of West Virginia shall wear an adequate face
covering when in confined, indoor space, other than in one’s residence or when actively
engaged in the consumption of food and/or beverage, and when not able to adequately social
distance from other individuals who do not reside in the same household.”

2. “Under Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidance, children younger that two years
old, anyone who has trouble breathing, and anyone who is unconscious, incapacitated or
otherwise unable to remove face covering without assistance should not wear face coverings
and therefore such young children, people who have trouble breathing through a face covering
and persons who would be unable to remove the face covering without assistance are exempt
from the mandate section 1 of this order.”

3. “For children ages two through eight, it is recommended that parents or guardians use their
best judgment as to when to assist such children to wear a face covering.”

4. “The term “face covering” as used herein shall be construed very broadly to include, by way of
example only, cloth face coverings, bandanas or handkerchiefs, face shields, dust mask, as may
be appropriate.”

5. “West Virginia code 61-6-22, which prohibits the wearing of face masks or other face coverings
that conceal one’s identity when in certain settings, including public buildings, is not meant to
and shall not apply to, or be enforced against, any person wearing a face covering to protect
themselves and the community against the spread of COVID-19 I accordance with this order.”

o Limited group size: Only crew, support personnel, riders, drivers will be allowed at the event. Family,
spectators and guests are not permitted at this time. Individuals that do not reside together must use
PPE’s and socially distance.

o Paddock spacing: Establish proper physical distancing in the paddock. Be sure all equipment is
contained within the paddock space markings, NO equipment outside of the red lines.

o Dispersed groups: Maximize the distance between groups on guided experiences and between
individuals on non-guided experiences.

o Registered persons only: Only crew, support personnel, riders and drivers are allowed on the
property. Spectators, family and guests are not permitted at this time.

o Physical distancing: All participants, crew and essential support personnel will be required to remain
in their individual paddock space unless going to restroom or supporting vehicles. All persons shall be
advised to practice physical distancing by staying at least six (6) feet away from other groups of people
that do not reside with them.

o Bring cleaners: All persons should be encouraged to bring disinfecting cleaners and hand sanitizers for
use throughout their stay.

o Ventilation: Keep doors and windows open where possible to improve ventilation.

o Shared equipment: All persons are discouraged from sharing safety equipment or appropriate face
coverings.

o Hand sanitizer for all persons: Provide hand sanitizer for use by patrons, including contactless hand
sanitizing stations where available. If hand sanitizer is unavailable, ensure an adequate supply of hand
soap is available for all persons.

Personal Screening

All persons are encouraged to self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms with the following questions:

o Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?

o Are you experiencing a cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat?

o Have you had a fever in the last 48 hours?

o Have you had new loss of taste or smell?

o Have you had vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours?

o Temperature checks: All persons are encouraged to take their temperatures daily. If their
temperature measures over 100 degrees they should leave immediately.

o Sick persons: Anyone who exhibits COVID-19 symptoms (i.e., answers yes to any of the screening
questions or who is running a fever) must leave the grounds immediately and seek medical care and/or
COVID-19 testing, per CDC guidelines.

COMMUNICATING WITH ALL PERSONS

o Communication: Management should establish means to communicate over the internet, public
address, telephone or radio. This will limit face-to-face interactions for transactions like checking into
the paddock and complaints/recommendations.

o Communication of new policies: Use digital systems, such as your website, social media platforms and
email communication, to educate your guests of your new cleaning protocols and safety precautions.

o Emergency contract information: Post emergency contact numbers in your guest portfolios in case of
illness among staff or guests.

o Signage: Post signage at each public entrance to inform all persons of best practices including, but not
limited to:

- Maintain a minimum separation of at least six (6) feet in accordance with social distancing
guidelines.

- Wear a cloth face covering at all times in public spaces and common areas.

- Avoid shaking hands or engaging in any unnecessary physical contact.

- Emergency contract information: Post emergency contact numbers in your guest portfolios
in case of illness.

AMENITIES

o Chez Summit will be closed at this time.

Additional note from Summit Point EMS:

Practices for extra procedures for the use of PPE (personal protective equipment) have been put in place
by the CDC, WVOEMS, and advisement from our local hospitals and medical director for our EMS staff to
adhere to. These practices are put in place to protect both potential patients and our providers. With
these additional steps in patient care you may notice a very slight delay as the crews “gear up” to
address a patient.

We ask that all clubs take uninjured participants back to the paddock for ems evaluation if necessary
even if the ambulance does respond to the call on the track and the crew feels it is safe for them to
return with the EV for the club versus EMS. This is to eliminate exposure with in an enclosed space in the
back of the ambulance and cuts down on deconning time after each patient contact. This procedure
can take up to 30 minutes and will render the unit “out of service” until completed. Also note that all
patients that come in contact with EMS will be asked to answer a COVID screening questionnaire.
Please remind all participants and guests that come to your event that if they have any of the following
they should stay home and contact their physician or the COVID hotline for further guidance.

• Fever or 100.4 F or greater or chills
• New cough that is unexplained and cannot be attributed to another known health condition
• New shortness of breath that is unexplained and cannot be attributed to another known health
condition
• New sore throat that you cannot contribute to another health condition
• New muscle aches, malaise, or fatigue that you cannot contribute to another health condition
• New onset of nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea in the last 24 hours
• New loss of taste or smell that is unexplained

Finally, our crews do not have the capabilities to test for COVID-19 nor will we transport for diagnostic
services. We will only treat and transport those who are sick or injured. Should anyone need medical
assistance we ask that if they seek out the EMS staff for help that they remember to practice safe social
distancing as well as wearing the appropriate face covering. Evaluations will be done outside of the
ambulances where feasible again to lower the risk of contamination and spread.

Please remember to bring your face coverings with you as well as hands sanitizers to use throughout the
day. Remember to wash your hands as frequently as possible, avoid touching your face, and maintain
safe social distancing.

Courtney Turner
Assistant Director of EMS-Fire
Summit Point Raceway Associates

- 2021 quickly disappearing...
Old 07-15-2020, 03:33 PM
Essential Personnel

That's more restrictive than this weekend for sure. Stay on your paddock space? Dang. I hope the club assigns spots ....I want my name on it!!
Old 07-16-2020, 10:58 AM

HughA44s has one HoF thread

I am heading up there this weekend and the above (posted by BT) seems consistent with the info I am receiving from BMW CCA NJ. Also, I think in this case we have to conform to the state of NJ's rules also. We are being warned that we maybe be inspected also. NO instructors in cars so they are doing 2 Groups of Lead-Follow (I think there will be instructors in the following car-with debriefs after). I for one am more concerned about the "rustyness" of the driver's. I do not think I am the only one where this is the first event of the year and I have basically not driver a car regularly since mid-march. I have run my track car once a week but that is pretty much it. Going to start real slow and careful.
Old 07-16-2020, 11:14 AM
Essential Personnel

I wouldnt worry about being rusty. I snapped back to my usual 1:42's no problem.
Old 07-16-2020, 11:53 AM

John Clay

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaSteve View Post
I wouldnt worry about being rusty. I snapped back to my usual 1:42's no problem.
showoff
2013 Scion FR-S