Video cam recommendations for the track - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Technical & Track Disussions > Track Talk » Video cam recommendations for the track

Track Talk A place to talk about Track and DE Events, share driving tips and other Track related items.

View Poll Results: Which action cam would you buy today for the track?
GoPro Hero 7 Black 1 25.00%
GoPro Hero 7 Silver 0 0%
GoPro Hero 7 White 0 0%
GoPro Hero 6 Black 1 25.00%
GoPro Hero 5 Black 0 0%
Garmin Virb Ultra 30 1 25.00%
Garmin Virb X or XE 0 0%
Other (please post) 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2019, 12:58 AM

Jordan
Question Video cam recommendations for the track

I've been using Harry's LapTimer with generally good results, but I'm getting fed up with the video problems caused by the well-known iPhone poor stabilization effects for on-track video recording. So, I'm considering biting the bullet and buying an action cam. I've looked at the action cams page on Harry's website, and it's a good starting point, but I'd like to ask the crowd here their thoughts. I want a camera that (1) will be good for years to come, (2) will work easily with HLT, probably meaning can be auto started by HLT, and (3) will work with other solutions down the road if I later decide to invest in a more sophisticated track timing/data solution. The obvious choices are GoPro Hero 7 (Black, Silver, or White), Hero 6 Black, Hero 5 Black, and Garmin Virb X/XE/Ultra 30, but welcome any/all suggestions.

Thanks,
Jordan