Need PSM delete - Page 2 - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Technical & Track Disussions > Track Talk » Need PSM delete

Track Talk A place to talk about Track and DE Events, share driving tips and other Track related items.

Old 08-23-2023, 10:52 AM
I need another Porsche

Patrick3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackTalon View Post
Ignore Karl -- he just wants to buy your car
How many years has your car been sitting on jack stands?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBD View Post
Thanks guys for the quick response, I did not now I could cut the Yaw wire on a 981!! fantastic! Understand the smart ass potential. Ha

We built this 981 from a base pdk excellent gearing similar to the new gt4rs. Its faster than a 981 gt4 and gt4cs. Cost under 60k. Better suspension,gearing as well. I am accomplished with many track wins. Helped for 10 years at autox and track de with students. I cut the yaw wire years ago on my manual 987 and instantly dropped an average of two seconds per track. My 981 has a gt3 center radiator with gt4 front bumper. Its is flared with 280/320 slicks.11/12rears. 987 was on 280/305 10's and 12 rear. Love the 987 steering- much more immediate and precise. (next project)

My car is a base and has PSM and Sport. I dont mind losing the sport. I can do a separate tune. I hope to test this weekend. Do you by chance know the color of the wire??
I put a switch on the 987 and turn it on in the rain. FYI, I called bgb,bbi, vision and others.- they recognize the issue. The Fix- 15k for a pro BoschM5 abs control but thats to rich for me.

To brag a bit, I did beat graham royal, Patrick long and all the teaching pros at a sponsored Porsche Cayman challenge on the speed channel. I qualified first out of 70 amateurs. But that was over ten years ago. Im an old retired senior now...
playing pickle ball too.. They say if you see an 70 old guy sporting a knee brace be prepared for a woop'in. Thats my partner.
Please tell us more about your 981 Cayman. The 2.7 is one of my favorite motors. I’m genuinely curious what you did to make it faster than a 981 GT4

Lucky owner of a couple of 911’s and another Porsche or two
Old 08-23-2023, 02:38 PM

SBD

I purchased and had installed a 991 S 3.8 engine with pdk for 14,000. Saved the PDK for the future. Trick is to use a PDK base car- lowers gearing to about 65mph in 2nd vs 80 plus in gt4. Way better torque and corner exit speed.
Engine went in the the car was running the next day. But.. needed a pdk tune to adjust the pressure plates for the 3.8. Still have the 2.7 and the 3.8 pdk.
In process of adding bigger brake kit. Shoot me a PM and I can send you some pictures. Feel free to post.

3.8 engine, tarret completion LCA, Tractive shocks with higher spring rates, Gt4 front bumper and gt3 front radiator (Its Larger). Front cup 991 front flares.
Old 08-23-2023, 03:05 PM
Make Dorki Great Again

BlackTalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick3000 View Post
How many years has your car been sitting on jack stands?
None!

It's been on a scissor lift, you silly goose.

And work began on it last month. Decided to go DIY after a generous offer of help to a longtime Porsche/ car guy. Curretnly ordering some parts and equipment to help with the work, which largely centers around carefully examining and cleaning the motor, clutch, trans and fuel systems in preparation for putting things back together.

That being said, anyone have a yoke they can spare until some time in November?

- 2021 quickly disappearing...
Old 08-23-2023, 03:17 PM

Dandelion

Quote:
None!

Of what year?
ed

2016 GT4
2012 Cayman R
2005 Lotus Elise
1994 RX-7 R2
Old 08-23-2023, 03:54 PM
Porkchop & SGB for prez!

Vicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threads

Quote:
None!

And work began on it last month. Decided to go DIY after a generous offer of help to a longtime Porsche/ car guy. Curretnly ordering some parts and equipment to help with the work, which largely centers around carefully examining and cleaning the motor, clutch, trans and fuel systems in preparation for putting things back together.

I have a couple of them.

“Those that can make you believe in absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” Voltaire.

"There is grandeur in this view of life...." Darwin.

The mountains are calling and I must go.

“The earth has music for those who listen”
Shakespeare.

You Matter.
(Until you multiply yourself times the speed of light squared. Then you Energy)

“We’ve got lots of theories, we just don’t have the evidence’.
Old 08-23-2023, 07:01 PM
Make Dorki Great Again

BlackTalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicegrip View Post
I have a couple of them.
understood. But I can only get out there on weekends and freeing up that much time is difficult.

- 2021 quickly disappearing...
Old 08-23-2023, 10:12 PM
I need another Porsche

Patrick3000

Quote:
None!

I have a set of Fuchs

To soon

Old 08-23-2023, 10:13 PM
I need another Porsche

Patrick3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBD View Post
I purchased and had installed a 991 S 3.8 engine with pdk for 14,000. Saved the PDK for the future. Trick is to use a PDK base car- lowers gearing to about 65mph in 2nd vs 80 plus in gt4. Way better torque and corner exit speed.
Engine went in the the car was running the next day. But.. needed a pdk tune to adjust the pressure plates for the 3.8. Still have the 2.7 and the 3.8 pdk.
In process of adding bigger brake kit. Shoot me a PM and I can send you some pictures. Feel free to post.

3.8 engine, tarret completion LCA, Tractive shocks with higher spring rates, Gt4 front bumper and gt3 front radiator (Its Larger). Front cup 991 front flares.
Now I understand and it makes sense, nice car 👍