981 Cayman S - Seat Swap and LCA mods? - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Technical & Track Disussions > Track Talk » 981 Cayman S - Seat Swap and LCA mods?

Track Talk A place to talk about Track and DE Events, share driving tips and other Track related items.

Old 02-04-2018, 09:17 PM

edw
Default 981 Cayman S - Seat Swap and LCA mods?

Hi folks - getting psyched for the new DE season. Working two issues on the Toy.

After enjoying the race seats last year, I swapped the stock seats back in for the winter (love heated seats) and to get the car VA inspection. But the airbag warning light stayed on, and not sure it will pass inspection like that - anyone know if there's an easy fix? Hopefully just a reset?

Second topic - planning on going to GT3 Lower Control Arms for more front camber. Tore up the outsides of the fronts (RE-71s) last season. Any recommendations for camber set up? Thinking neg 2-2.5 should be a place to start. Also debating R888 for this season...

Cheers
Ed

'14 CS #37 White
'05 Boxster S (died and resurrected!)
'87 944
'68 MGB
Old 02-04-2018, 10:34 PM

tbernard

Quote:
Originally Posted by edw View Post
Hi folks - getting psyched for the new DE season. Working two issues on the Toy.

After enjoying the race seats last year, I swapped the stock seats back in for the winter (love heated seats) and to get the car VA inspection. But the airbag warning light stayed on, and not sure it will pass inspection like that - anyone know if there's an easy fix? Hopefully just a reset?
Ed,
I do the same seat swap with my Cayman S. The diametric cable/software can turn off the light. It's a 5 minute thing. I have a pro version (allows for unlimited cars) and could reset it for you. But maybe there's somebody closer to you. I'm up in Ellicott City.

Gone
18 718 Cayman GTS (GT Silver)
14 981 Cayman S (white)
15 991.1 GT3
11 997.2 GT3
96 993 Targa
96 993 C2 tracker
00 986 Boxster S
99 986 Boxster

Last edited by tbernard; 02-05-2018 at 10:02 AM.
Old 02-05-2018, 05:06 AM

trytryagain

Hi Ed,
Durimetric cable and software is the way I do the annual reset. You also need a windows laptop. I’m also not too close, but there are probably some other dorkies over your way that may help.

Have you tried NT-01s? I really like them.

2014 Cayman (Aka "Rubber Ducky")

1971 914 (back in the day)
Old 02-05-2018, 07:49 PM

edw
Default Much appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by trytryagain View Post
Hi Ed,
Durimetric cable and software is the way I do the annual reset. You also need a windows laptop. I’m also not too close, but there are probably some other dorkies over your way that may help.

Have you tried NT-01s? I really like them.
Gents,
Thought a reset was probably easy - thanks for the info. I don't have a PC laptop except for work, and they won't let us install anything on it, so I haven't splurged on the Durimetric yet. I'll see if someone close can help. We're in No Arlington.
Cheers
Old 02-05-2018, 10:58 PM

qwk_croc

Quote:
Thinking neg 2-2.5 should be a place to start. Also debating R888 for this season...
Front: -2.5 (with split LCAs)
Rear: -2 (without split LCAs)

^ worked well for me this past season. Not sure how much street driving you do, but if you do a lot of it, maybe start with -2 and monitor tire wear from DE events.

Also +1 on NT-01s. Awesome tires and they lasted me the entire season (20 days).
Old 02-06-2018, 07:44 PM

edw
Default Thanks!

Thanks - I appreciate the advice. I don't do a lot of street driving (sunny days to work and the occasional blast down my favorite twisty neighborhood 'track' - basically enough to keep the oil circulating and the battery fresh. So I'll probably get pretty aggressive with the camber. And I'll definitely look at the NT01s.

Just watched video of PittRace, and am stoked to learn a new track and get back to going fast!
EdW

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwk_croc View Post
Front: -2.5 (with split LCAs)
Rear: -2 (without split LCAs)

^ worked well for me this past season. Not sure how much street driving you do, but if you do a lot of it, maybe start with -2 and monitor tire wear from DE events.

Also +1 on NT-01s. Awesome tires and they lasted me the entire season (20 days).
Old 02-06-2018, 10:04 PM

tbernard

+1 on the NT-01's, seem to last forever. Just really loud on the street.

Gone
18 718 Cayman GTS (GT Silver)
14 981 Cayman S (white)
15 991.1 GT3
11 997.2 GT3
96 993 Targa
96 993 C2 tracker
00 986 Boxster S
99 986 Boxster
Old 02-09-2018, 07:49 PM

Doc_S

Ed,

I’ve got a durametric pro and laptop. I’m not too far from you.

Mark

2006 Cayman S
2005 Boxster S - G Stock #667
1978 Triumph Spitfire
2006 Harley Night Rod
Old 02-13-2018, 09:18 PM

edw

Mark,
Thanks much, but it looks like a Dorki from the neighborhood can help. I'll give you a shout if it doesn't pan out.
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_S View Post
Ed,

I’ve got a durametric pro and laptop. I’m not too far from you.

Mark
Old 02-27-2018, 10:16 PM

edw
Default iCarSoft worked on airbag warning light

For the record, a friendly neighborhood Dorki offered to try to kill the airbag light with his iCarSoft and it worked great.
Job done.

Quote:

Second topic - planning on going to GT3 Lower Control Arms for more front camber. Tore up the outsides of the fronts (RE-71s) last season. Any recommendations for camber set up? Thinking neg 2-2.5 should be a place to start. Also debating R888 for this season...

Cheers
Ed

'14 CS #37 White
'05 Boxster S (died and resurrected!)
'87 944
'68 MGB