3.2 swap into a 82 SC - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Technical & Track Disussions > Porsche Technical Discussions » 3.2 swap into a 82 SC

Porsche Technical Discussions Porsche related technical discussions and questions go here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2023, 04:34 PM
Tito

86911TLCAB
Default 3.2 swap into a 82 SC

My SC has a 3.2 swap done a few years ago. The electrical connections all made by another friend and I am having some occasional starting issues. As I have been researching, I have come to understand the fuel pump relay in the luggage compartment doesn’t play the same role as it did before with a 3.0 engine. I have found documentation for the wiring set up and now know how the DME and the DME relay are all connected. My question: what role does the fuel pump relay in the luggage compartment play. I know it is something as if I pull it when the car is running, it will stop. So obviously it is still part of the path to get power to the fuel pump, but am struggling to understand what it is. Would appreciate any info from Anyone who may have done this swap or just understands how the DME would allow the voltage to get to the pump to start. Thanks in advance.

82 911 SC with 3.2
73 RSR project
97 328is
99 328is
97 Lexus SC300 Manual

86 TL (gone)
993 (gone)
75 911S (gone)