Service Light Reset Western Loudoun - Page 3 - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Technical & Track Disussions > Porsche Technical Discussions » Service Light Reset Western Loudoun

Porsche Technical Discussions Porsche related technical discussions and questions go here.

Old 09-13-2021, 04:35 PM

dnwong

Sorry, I led you down a dark hole. It was hard to determine what it can do from reading the description. The good thing about Amazon, its a no hassle return policy. I was going to get one, but I needed something very Volvo specific so I passed on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge View Post
Welp... The Launch CRP123 came in on Saturday. It'll connect up to OBD2 and read codes (I had none). However, this specific Launch model does not have the option to reset the service.

As far as I can tell, the functionality of the Launch is not much more than what I have from my OBD2 bluetooth dongle and the Torque Pro app (i.e. what tomfree said). On second thought, it was able to connect to airbag computer along with a few others -- maybe TPMS, "Tiptronic" and one more I can't recall right now (not at home). Even though I have a PDK, maybe the diagnostics is still called Tiptronic?

Not yet sure if I'll return the Launch. I'm assuming the promotion is over and it's back to the regular price of $134+tax. I paid $90 for it so if someone wants it at that price, let me know ASAP in case I return it.

Serge
86 951 Graphite / Burgundy
2002 BMW 530i
2008 Volvo XC90
1995 Chev Astro (workhorse going-bald)
Old 09-15-2021, 10:00 AM

Serge

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnwong View Post
Sorry, I led you down a dark hole. It was hard to determine what it can do from reading the description. The good thing about Amazon, its a no hassle return policy. I was going to get one, but I needed something very Volvo specific so I passed on it.
No worries, brother.

After doing more research, leaning at an iCarsoft product -- interestingly enough the USA HQ address is listed in DC and they have a 703 number however they didn't answer the phone when I called a few times to try to get answers on the models.

I don't love getting a computer that only works on Porsches but it seems to be the best bang for the buck. Picking the right model is a bit of a mess, however. Like someone posted on rennlist, the product managers at iCarsoft are idiots. Maybe too harsh but trying to find the right model is not straightforward: there's POR-II, then POR V1, V2 and V3, then versions of P700 and I'm sure others. No clear info on the website about the differences so have to search online. You'd think V3 is the best but reviews on it are terrible which makes me wonder about how they make the products. The labeling of the device itself is strange also. V1 seems outdated. P700 is for "private labeling" or something. The category on the website is actually "Porsche/Cayenne" for some strange reason. I also read about updating issues and getting redirected to Chinese websites. No compatibility table to help one decide on the product. Etc, etc.

With all that said, people seem to get what they need from the POR-II model. I can't get a clear answer on whether it's the same thing as "V2.0" but I'm hoping that the software updates are what really matter and going with this one on Amazon.

Thanks for everyone's input on Durametric/etc. Will report back if I have more info/issues.

Serge