Introdouche Yourself - Page 241 - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Miscellaneous Discussions > Miscellaneous Discussions » Introdouche Yourself

Miscellaneous Discussions Off Topic (OT) items that really don't fit into any other Category

Old 02-16-2017, 09:52 PM
Tito

86911TLCAB

Great class of ships. I was on FFG during oif kickoff. Did one month middy cruise in Europe area. Was a good time. Wa actually on Spruance for that month. Welcome again and best of luck as you retire.

82 911 SC with 3.2
73 RSR project
97 328is
99 328is
97 Lexus SC300 Manual

86 TL (gone)
993 (gone)
75 911S (gone)
Old 02-16-2017, 10:33 PM
This space for rent

Scuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86911TLCAB View Post
Great class of ships. I was on FFG during oif kickoff. Did one month middy cruise in Europe area. Was a good time. Wa actually on Spruance for that month. Welcome again and best of luck as you retire.
Which Figlet? Hawes? I pretty much know everyone who flew off a small boy homeported on the East Coast during Shock & Awe - all the helo dets came from the same 4 squadrons hangared together in Mayport. As JOs we were all in flight school together. It was an interesting time - we all got our wings either right before or right after 9/11. (Has it really been almost 16 years?!?)

“Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba....” (cars, too...)

'83 911SC track car, MI State Police Blue
'05 Carrera S, Black
'09 BMW M3 Coupe, Interlagos Blue
'13 KTM 350 XCF-W - Trail demon
'12 GasGas 280 TXT Econo - Trials hell-spawn
'03 Kawasaki ZX-636, CCS#437 (former life)
'89 Yamaha FZR-400, WERA#501 (former life)
'94 Kawasaki ZX-6E, WERA#501 (gateway drug)
Old 03-12-2017, 08:59 PM

dbokman

Was told by a great group of guys this weekend at my first HPDE @ Summit Point to come on here and introduce myself. My name is Dennis I live in SOMD and drive a 2006 C2s My wife also attended and she drives a Panamera Turbo and we had an Awesome time!!!! Want to give Gary a shoutout he is a great instructor and so glad I got to experience this with him guiding me. Thanks to everyone else that was involved and I look forward to coming out for some more DE events!!!
Old 03-12-2017, 09:23 PM
Colorado's finest

Dr K has two HoF threadsDr K has two HoF threads

It was fun to watch you on the skid pad, and to listen to your wife's car on the straight!

2016 Cayman S
1999 Miata ("SM") race car
2016 Toyota Highlander--tow vehicle/wife's DD
2017 VW GTI SE (DD)

Gone and missed:
1992 Miata ("SSM") race car
2009 911 C2S Coupe
2004 Toyota Prius - sold to son's girlfriend
2006 Dodge Durango
2003 Acura MDX
86 Black 911 Coupe race car
86 Gold 911 Targa
82 WineRedMetallic 911 Targa
Old 03-12-2017, 09:39 PM
This space for rent

Scuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbokman View Post
Was told by a great group of guys this weekend at my first HPDE @ Summit Point to come on here and introduce myself. My name is Dennis I live in SOMD and drive a 2006 C2s My wife also attended and she drives a Panamera Turbo and we had an Awesome time!!!! Want to give Gary a shoutout he is a great instructor and so glad I got to experience this with him guiding me. Thanks to everyone else that was involved and I look forward to coming out for some more DE events!!!
Yay! More culture in SoMD! (Mechanicsville here)

Welcome.

“Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba....” (cars, too...)

'83 911SC track car, MI State Police Blue
'05 Carrera S, Black
'09 BMW M3 Coupe, Interlagos Blue
'13 KTM 350 XCF-W - Trail demon
'12 GasGas 280 TXT Econo - Trials hell-spawn
'03 Kawasaki ZX-636, CCS#437 (former life)
'89 Yamaha FZR-400, WERA#501 (former life)
'94 Kawasaki ZX-6E, WERA#501 (gateway drug)
Old 03-12-2017, 09:57 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Trak Ratt has one HoF thread
Default Welcome, sounds like a good time was had by all!

Quote:

I hope to arrive to my death, late, in love, and a little drunk!

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand... Homer Simpson

"That's what's keeping me out of F1.... Too much mental maturity...." N0tt0n

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.

CHAOS, PANIC, AND DISORDER my work here is done...

Live without pretending, Love without depending, Listen without defending, Speak without offending
Old 03-12-2017, 11:16 PM
Site Admin

Jazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threads

Quote:
she drives a Panamera Turbo
That thing was insane. It sounded like SFX from a scifi movie every time she floored it down the main straight. Welcome to Dorki; glad you guys had fun.
1999 E46 328i
Old 03-13-2017, 07:29 AM

somdcroc

Quote:
Another in SoMD! I live in Great Mills. BTW--I heard the Panamera Turbo yesterday when I was working as a flagger on T1 on Summit Main yesterday for the SCCA event. That car definitely sounded like nothing else on either track.

Welcome to our crazy world of HPDE.

Scott
SCCA DC Region & PCAP Club Race F&C
scotthoffman11@gmail.com
2011 Cayman S "Hopealuoti"
Old 03-13-2017, 07:32 AM

Baywatch

Welcome to Dorki Dennis. Im really glad you enjoyed our HPDC. I know skid pad and open track put a huge smile on your face. Great driving all around even though the Panamera passed us sounding like a dyson on steroids. You and your wife will have many laughs about who is faster for a long time to come.

Porsche Fan
Skidpad Fanatical

www.RoadPotomac.com

23 Ford Ranger Tremor
16 981 GT4
14 991 C2 (Gone)
10 Cayenne GTS (Gone)
02 996 Cabriolet (Gone)
79 928 Driveway Queen (Gone)
04 Ford Expedition (Gone)
07 Ford Expedition EL (Gone)
Old 03-13-2017, 07:52 AM

Too Tall

First, huge thanks to Chris and Handlebar for stellar instruction at my first HPDE and first time on a track. What a blast

In am a retired IT manager where my specialty was herding cats and throwing bricks at the bad guys . Also, formulate high tech lubricants for the bicycle racing world, bottle it and sell it!

For a long time my other hobby was working on making old Chevys louder.

Got my first sports car 5 years ago, 07 997.1 and am hooked. What a amazing thing.

Thanks for this place a sure respite from the usual interwebs.

PS. Paramera Turbos wife quoted after I remarked how incredibly fast it was " and I only had it in comfort mode". I suspect she still has not idea what you conspired. Well done.