Cruise-in was great! - Dorkiphus.net

Fun Runs and Upcoming Events in our area. Post upcoming NoVA/DC/MD events here. You can also use the Calendar for scheduling.

Old 08-17-2003, 10:33 AM

Dan M
Default Cruise-in was great!

It was really good to finally meet a lot of you at the Cruise-in yesterday. I'm just bummed that the weather kept me from doing the run but happy to see that everyone else went!

I think we really showed those folks some great pcars and we can be thankful we didn't get run over by those giant redneck 4x4's!!!

I hope this event continues every year, it was really a great time.

-Dan
Old 08-17-2003, 03:05 PM

KeithLambert7

Dan,

We missed you at the fun run. Least we all caught up for dinner and the cruise.

You missed a great run. The roads were fantastic, and there turned out to be plenty of cars. Matt (my son) and I were driving with the top down, but it only rained on the route once. It lasted only 5 minutes - just enough to panic us into thinking we'd have to pull over, and then it was gone. Rest of the day was sun and clear roads. I was a few cars back from Kurt in his green 912, sounded sweet.... (95hp? )

Keith

'64 356 Coupe - driver
'89 3.2 Coupe - queen

http://www.goosecreekfinishing.com
Old 08-18-2003, 01:10 AM

Jim Richards

Charlie and I posted some pics of the fun run & cruise in show in the gallery (see link below). Lu and I both had a great time meeting up with all of you, chasing thru the countryside, grabbing some dinner and attending the cruise in. We look forward to seeing you all at fun run #5.

http://www.dorkiphus.com/modules.php...view_album.php
Old 08-18-2003, 01:13 AM

Jase007 has three HoF threadsJase007 has three HoF threadsJase007 has three HoF threads

Keith:

I was regretting not taking my Targa top off for the fun run and then when it rained I watched you and your son grin and bear it in my mirrors.

With the heat / humidity, I would have welcomed the instant AC had I run it without the top. Next time.

Jase

'58 -'76 P-cars
SSPI ~ JScott Racing
Old 08-18-2003, 02:48 PM
Aquila Legalis

targa911man

I am sorrier I missed it than I thought I would be. Went to the O's game on a bus. The game was great, extra innings, but the Yankmees won when an O's runner fell down after beating a rundown between 3rd and home, got tagged out to end the game. Then on the way home we got stuck behind an jacknifed tractor trailer at the Springfield interchange. Finally got home at 3 a.m.
Old 08-18-2003, 03:56 PM

KeithLambert7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase007
Keith:

I was regretting not taking my Targa top off for the fun run and then when it rained I watched you and your son grin and bear it in my mirrors.

With the heat / humidity, I would have welcomed the instant AC had I run it without the top. Next time.

Jase
Jase,

Peeling the lid did keep things cool. The route took us in a big circle around most of the black clouds during the run, anyone else notice that? Was that good planning or what!?

When it did finally rain we thought, 'Ok...as long as we keep moving we're all right, but if we slow down we're screwed!' Luckily for this group that wasn't much of a problem.

We both had a ball!

Charlie,

I noticed a pic of Dawn and I in there (17 of 19). Do you have any others like it from that drive back to Purcelleville? Thanks!

Keith

'64 356 Coupe - driver
'89 3.2 Coupe - queen

http://www.goosecreekfinishing.com
Old 08-18-2003, 04:44 PM
Site Admin

Charlie Stylianos has disabled reputation

Quote:
Charlie,

I noticed a pic of Dawn and I in there (17 of 19). Do you have any others like it from that drive back to Purcelleville? Thanks!
Keith,

I do, but they are a bit blurry. When I put them in the gallery I'll shoot you a PM.
Old 08-19-2003, 10:27 PM

Marc A

Quote:
I do, but they are a bit blurry. When I put them in the gallery I'll shoot you a PM.
That's because poor Charlie was being bounced around unmercifully by yours truly.
'86 951 LS1 (C-2) Gone
'77 911 3.2 (C-1) Gone
3.2 Conversion and 915 Rebuild Home Page
The 958 Conversion