911 Cowl - Dorkiphus.net

Porsche Technical Discussions Porsche related technical discussions and questions go here.

Old 05-13-2022, 08:10 AM

PaintRacer
Default 911 Cowl

I'm restoring my 70T and need to repair the left and right lower windshield post which you can buy but instead of buying the left and right sides i saw that you can get the complete windshield cowl for a little more money which i would like to do. The question i have is the post are listed for early to late 911 up to 89. The cowl is 74-89 not early 911's. If the post's will fit early to late 911's why shouldn't the cowl- is the center section of the cowl somehow different pre 74 911's to make it not fit a early 911? Any thoughts? I don't see any difference.Thanks
'77 911S
'73 914-6 conversion
Old 05-13-2022, 04:53 PM

rothaus has nine HoF threadsrothaus has nine HoF threadsrothaus has nine HoF threadsrothaus has nine HoF threadsrothaus has nine HoF threadsrothaus has nine HoF threadsrothaus has nine HoF threads

I think they should be the same. The only thing what I can think of that windshield washer nozzles on the 87 and up are different. I think going with the complete section would actually be cheaper. To be sure I would contact Restoration Design.

Hope this helps
Engelbert

2012 Boxster S
2006 Cayenne S
1984 911 Targa, 3.4L
1982 911 SC
1978 1303 Kaefer Cabrio
1971 911 3.6
1966 912 - Future Project
Old 05-13-2022, 05:51 PM
Porkchop & SGB for prez!

Vicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threads

I have an unmolested 1970 911 T in the shop right at the moment if you need images or measurements.

“Those that can make you believe in absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” Voltaire.

"There is grandeur in this view of life...." Darwin.

The mountains are calling and I must go.

“The earth has music for those who listen”
Shakespeare.

You Matter.
(Until you multiply yourself times the speed of light squared. Then you Energy)

“We’ve got lots of theories, we just don’t have the evidence’.
Old 05-25-2022, 08:29 AM

onboost

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothaus View Post
I think they should be the same. The only thing what I can think of that windshield washer nozzles on the 87 and up are different. I think going with the complete section would actually be cheaper. To be sure I would contact Restoration Design.

Hope this helps
Engelbert
That should be it.. The piece is sold either without the cut-outs/holes for the windshield wiper nozzles, or with the cut-out for the later style (cant remember which way they come) as they are different 87> Otherwise its the same piece.
RGruppe #180
PCA Potomac + 35yrs
So many cars..so little time!!