If you are not getting emails from Dorkiphus - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Miscellaneous Discussions > Problems, Support & BBS Questions » If you are not getting emails from Dorkiphus

Problems, Support & BBS Questions Please post board related problems in this section for resolution. We know there are some furballs out there so let hear about them.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2016, 01:46 AM
Site Admin

Jazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threads
Default If you are not getting emails from Dorkiphus

If you are not getting emails from Dorkiphus, check your SPAM/Junk email folder. I perform regular checks on the board to monitor it's ability to send email and keep the server on public email whitelists, so if you are not getting email from the board in the following cases:
  • Questions to the admins
  • New user registration
  • PM/new post notifications
there is a 99% chance that either your email program or email server is deleting the emails because it thinks Dorki emails are SPAM. This is pretty common with automated emails like those that are sent from a forum like this. Now, I know - you are the one exception. Almost everyone whose email gets eaten by the SPAM filter says this. Trust me - you're most likely not the exception where the forum software simply stopped sending emails for a moment and yours got lost in the ether. No, most likely your email server deleted the email before you ever saw it, and unfortunately there's nothing I can do about this.

Here's the cherry on top: when this happens and you send me emails via the admin/support email address about not getting notification emails, I respond. And many times you don't get my response because, well, your sever thinks email from dorkiphus.net is spam!

So if you are having problems registering and not getting the email confirmation, check your SPAM folder. If you have emailed me directly for help and not gotten a response, check your SPAM folder. If you still get nothing, try registering with a different address - one from a major free email provider like Gmail or Yahoo. 90% of the time it's company/private email address that eat Dorki notifications. I keep Dorki on whitelists for the major free providers so we're usually pretty good there.
1999 E46 328i