e36 clutch pedal dropped to floor - Page 2 - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Technical & Track Disussions > BMW Technical Discussions » e36 clutch pedal dropped to floor

BMW Technical Discussions BMW related technical discussions and questions go here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2018, 08:17 AM

LPM911
Default e36 clutch pedal dropped to floor

Pulling into my office today, I went to change gears to slow down for a speed bump and the clutch pedal dropped to the floor with no resistance. I had popped into neutral already and could only get it back into 5th gear. Limped it into the parking area in 5th gear.

With the car running, I played with the clutch pedal and observed that it can be pulled off the floor back to the normal position, but when pushing it down it goes straight back with no resistance and does not return back up. So seems like the clutch pedal is not working with the actual clutch to engage/disengage.

The brake fluid level light is on but that is not terribly unusual for this car. It has been coming on intermittently for some time and has needed to occasionally be topped off.

Waiting for it to warm up a bit before I got back out there to look at it, but any advice on what to look at/for would be great!