Intersport Performace - Page 3 - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Miscellaneous Discussions > Miscellaneous Discussions » Intersport Performace

Miscellaneous Discussions Off Topic (OT) items that really don't fit into any other Category

Old 01-10-2020, 08:49 AM
Porkchop & SGB for prez!

Vicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threads

Many were leased land dealerships. The original families that started the dealerships aged out and rather than the kids or grand kids running the stores they leased the land back to the consolidators like Mile-one, Sonic, Penske and the like. Once the land became more valuable to sell than lease back the owners stopped renewing the leases and cashed out. In most ways FFC had little to do with this other than the land values going up. The indi dealerships ether held on with good management or the kids kids ran sloppy shops and lost $. Building an automotive sales and service facility is an undertaking for a reason. Done wrong it will damage the land under it and around it and be a hazard to the people working there. Done right it has little to no impact.

“Those that can make you believe in absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” Voltaire.

"There is grandeur in this view of life...." Darwin.

The mountains are calling and I must go.

“The earth has music for those who listen”
Shakespeare.

You Matter.
(Until you multiply yourself times the speed of light squared. Then you Energy)

“We’ve got lots of theories, we just don’t have the evidence’.
Old 01-10-2020, 11:41 AM

Dandelion

This will be coming out in this afternoon's PCA Potomac email:

Saturday 18 January 2020 - GRAND OPENING – Intersport Performance’s New Second Location in Ashburn!

Years in the making…Omar, Charlie, and the rest of the crew at Intersport Performance are delighted to invite you to the grand opening of their second location at:
19760 Ashburn Rd, Ashburn VA 20147

Intersport is pulling out all the stops with hors d’oeuvres, champagne, wine, and other hospitality.

Please bring your best car to the event for an impromptu car show, and share your photos from the event to PCA Potomac Social Media (or Dorki).

To make this a memorable event for all, cocktail attire is preferred.

Where: 19760 Ashburn Rd, Ashburn VA 20147
When: Saturday, 18 January 2020, starting at 3pm!

[This event is hosted by Intersport Performance]

2016 GT4
2012 Cayman R
2005 Lotus Elise
1994 RX-7 R2
Old 01-10-2020, 11:43 AM

jhsmith

I agree with Vicegrip on the clusterthingy for pedestrians and bikes. I live a little under 4 miles from the metro and have tried walking it a few times. Eventually decided that the health benefits of walking did not outweigh the consequences of walking on Virginia byways with no sidewalk/path and only 24" from the white stripe to the guard rail. If I drive a mile in the middle of my walk, I can make it safely to the metro but having an extra car just for that mile in the middle is a bit silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicegrip View Post
Funny thing. At the planning meetings oh so long ago the county folks were talking about breaking up the 9 to 5 office hours type rush hour traffic and lack of night life. Seems that back then Tysons went dark at 5:30 for the most part. Lack of food stores and even restaurants along rt 7 and many other aspects of a bunch of office buildings and little else. They then started griping about the "car lots" on the western end. EXqueeze me? You mean the ones that just got a $100+ mil update and employ over 450 people of all levels and time frames from 4:30 am to midnight? Those? The ones that have time frames and worker profiles you were just advocating for? The planners all had a vision that the dealerships were dirty trailers and guys in cheap ties. took a tour to convince them that not all of the dealerships were the same...

Well they fixed the am and pm rush hour traffic issue. Now it is a pedestrian and bike unfriendly fustercluck all the time. All the aspects that were intended to make the rt7 corridor more livable were red lined. Metro underground? Nope. it is sitting in the middle and the road bed is where the ped and bike lanes were to be.* Restricted car increases? Nope, every new building is car-centric with lots of parking and businesses that attract incoming traffic. Yes there is a lot more living space and places to go that are not cube farms but it all increased traffic. .

*they messed up in planning and had to tunnel 1/3 of it anyway eating up any of the savings of the above ground build. Seems they planners missed the little detail of how steep a grade a Metro train can climb. Planned the whole thing to approval with a section at too steep a grade. Now we have a mixed system that will cost far more in maintenance costs over the lifespan than the original underground plan. Worst of both and more expensive.
"2014 Central PA SCCA Witch's Rallye - Best Team Costume Award"

White/Green '91 SSM Miata #01
Green '96 911 (993) Carrera #409
Blue '09 911 (997.2) Carrera S Cab
Black '15 Yukon XL w/ '98 Trailex (Tow Vehicle)
Burnt Orange '75 FJ40
Yellow '19 718 Boxster (wife regretfully sold it to fit 2nd grandchild on the way...)
Black '83 911SC Targa (regrettably sold when the second car seat didn't fit)
Old 01-15-2020, 01:39 PM
Make Dorki Great Again

BlackTalon

INTERSPORT GRAND OPENING EVENT has been moved back one day to JANUARY 19 due to expected weather events on Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandelion View Post
This will be coming out in this afternoon's PCA Potomac email:

Saturday 18 January 2020 - GRAND OPENING – Intersport Performance’s New Second Location in Ashburn!

Years in the making…Omar, Charlie, and the rest of the crew at Intersport Performance are delighted to invite you to the grand opening of their second location at:
19760 Ashburn Rd, Ashburn VA 20147

Intersport is pulling out all the stops with hors d’oeuvres, champagne, wine, and other hospitality.

Please bring your best car to the event for an impromptu car show, and share your photos from the event to PCA Potomac Social Media (or Dorki).

To make this a memorable event for all, cocktail attire is preferred.

Where: 19760 Ashburn Rd, Ashburn VA 20147
When: Saturday, 18 January 2020, starting at 3pm!

[This event is hosted by Intersport Performance]

- 2021 quickly disappearing...
Old 01-15-2020, 04:54 PM
Lifer

jbailey930

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackTalon View Post
INTERSPORT GRAND OPENING EVENT has been moved back one day to JANUARY 19 due to expected weather events on Saturday.
Good plan for all us vintage Porsche drovers!
86 911 Targa (sold/missed)
Old 01-17-2020, 06:32 AM

AustinW

I guess it makes sense, all things considering. I'll have to change my plans a bit to free up the 19th, but I don't mind. haha
Old 01-17-2020, 08:21 AM
Make Dorki Great Again

BlackTalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinW View Post
I guess it makes sense, all things considering. I'll have to change my plans a bit to free up the 19th, but I don't mind. haha
This is a very odd first post, especially for someone based on the other side of the Atlantic.

- 2021 quickly disappearing...
Old 01-17-2020, 05:36 PM

Handlebar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackTalon View Post
This is a very odd first post, especially for someone based on the other side of the Atlantic.
I welcome the new blood to Dorkiphus and the paddock in general.

If I get my new-to-me race car home safely Saturday, I will be there Sunday!

1988 911 Carrera 3.2
(1995 911 - gone)
1997 Spec Boxster - #121
2004 911 GT3
2022 Mini Cooper S
2008 VW Touareg 2
Old 01-20-2020, 11:46 AM
Lifer

jbailey930

Charlie and Omar put on a fantastic party. Spectacular turnout for a blustery January Sunday. Food, entertainment and Antonio's wines were wonderful. Here's to to great start in Lansdowne!
Attached Images

86 911 Targa (sold/missed)
Old 01-20-2020, 01:11 PM

HoodPin

Sorry we had to miss it, due to other family stuff going on. John, thanks for the pics. The place looks great. Will have to stop by one day soon.

Currently
- 1984 944 SP2 racer
- 1977 911 KM Special vintage racer
- 2012 Cayman R (also the wife's)
- 2000 Boxster S (now mine)

- 1995 993 (garage queen)
- 2007 Cayman S (wife's track beast)
- 2017 F350 (tow monster)
- 2018 Jeep Wrangler

Gone but not forgotten
- 1989 944S2
- 1979 RX7
- 1986 944
- 1991 944S2 (in car heaven...)
- 2001 Chevy Suburban 2500 (FIL's beast now)