Thank you to the DE Intructors and Volunteers! - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Miscellaneous Discussions > Miscellaneous Discussions » Thank you to the DE Intructors and Volunteers!

Miscellaneous Discussions Off Topic (OT) items that really don't fit into any other Category

Old 02-27-2017, 02:40 PM

N0tt0N has five HoF threadsN0tt0N has five HoF threadsN0tt0N has five HoF threadsN0tt0N has five HoF threadsN0tt0N has five HoF threads
Thumbs up Thank you to the DE Intructors and Volunteers!

I had a great time seeing folks at the PCA Potomac Volunteers and Awards Dinner this past weekend. Really gets you in the mood for a new season.

It was rather strange to watch Good Hands give himself an award but since he lost the DE Championship (video proof already verified that I was leading the pack when the final session was Red Flagged) and promptly demoted to driving YAREC (Yet Another Red E Car) I guess this was a consolation award for him.

While I may have missed it (the table next to ours was misbehaving and quite noisy) after listening to the 213 autocross awards (admittedly half the number given out last year) the DE leadership gave out one award and recognized the exceptional efforts of the Registrars (Carol and Chris (missed you, man!)). There was also some sort of initiation of Susan into the future CI Club based apparently on her inability to hobble up to the podium (get well, Susan, you don't want a white beard!). There was also an odd moment when BMAN won an award for his performance art of Washington crossing the Delaware. What I didn't hear was the recognition of Jay (specifically) or any of the other hard working committee chairs and volunteers. So.......

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
Drivers' Education Team

DE Co-Chairs!
Dirk Dekker & Bob Mulligan

Co-Chief Instructors and ALL the Instructors!
Dan Dazzo, Steve Wilson, & Don Mattran

Tech Co-Chairs and ALL their minions but mostly Ed!
John Vrankovich & Dave Diquollo (missed you!)

DE Registrar and... nope, that's about it... nobody helps them except by providing useful suggestions and unsolicited input!
Carol DeZwarte & Chris Mantzuranis

Safety Chair and the man that sits in it!
Tim Kearns

Track Stewards and Sheriff, Deputy, Posse, and Smackdown!
Tim Kearns, Steve Vetter, & Michael Handelman & Stephan Kiraly

Cashier (currently in the Caribbean)
Roger McLeod

Track Coordinator and IC UberMentor!
Brian Walsh

Track Registrar and her silent majority of helpers!
Bernice Richmond
2016 Mazda CX-5 (Her DD)
2002 Boxster S (Gone) - Ragtop Blechster - Pura Patina!

Dorkiphus: I buy it for the articles
Old 02-27-2017, 02:52 PM

Chopper Dropper

Quote:
Originally Posted by N0tt0N View Post
I had a great time seeing folks at the PCA Potomac Volunteers and Awards Dinner this past weekend. Really gets you in the mood for a new season.

It was rather strange to watch Good Hands give himself an award but since he lost the DE Championship (video proof already verified that I was leading the pack when the final session was Red Flagged) and promptly demoted to driving YAREC (Yet Another Red E Car) I guess this was a consolation award for him.

While I may have missed it (the table next to ours was misbehaving and quite noisy) after listening to the 213 autocross awards (admittedly half the number given out last year) the DE leadership gave out one award and recognized the exceptional efforts of the Registrars (Carol and Chris (missed you, man!)). There was also some sort of initiation of Susan into the future CI Club based apparently on her inability to hobble up to the podium (get well, Susan, you don't want a white beard!). There was also an odd moment when BMAN won an award for his performance art of Washington crossing the Delaware. What I didn't hear was the recognition of Jay (specifically) or any of the other hard working committee chairs and volunteers. So.......

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
Drivers' Education Team

DE Co-Chairs!
Dirk Dekker & Bob Mulligan

Co-Chief Instructors and ALL the Instructors!
Dan Dazzo, Steve Wilson, & Don Mattran

Tech Co-Chairs and ALL their minions but mostly Ed!
John Vrankovich & Dave Diquollo (missed you!)

DE Registrar and... nope, that's about it... nobody helps them except by providing useful suggestions and unsolicited input!
Carol DeZwarte & Chris Mantzuranis

Safety Chair and the man that sits in it!
Tim Kearns

Cashier (currently in the Caribbean)
Roger McLeod

Track Coordinator and IC UberMentor!
Brian Walsh

Track Registrar and her silent majority of helpers!
Bernice Richmond
Good point, tried to thanks the DE volunteers, but mentioning every one of them by name would have been a lot longer than the Autocross awards!
1971 914/6 (Factory) 3.2 Track car
1988 911 Targa
1986 944
Old 02-27-2017, 04:35 PM

thelittlemrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by N0tt0N View Post
Please note that I am mentioned by (incorrect) title only AND that is takes FOUR GROWN MEN to "supervise" me. More proof that they will tolerate just about anyone as a volunteer. Ha!

As for the AX Awards - it is true - only those present were announced. A big improvement.
Pepe - 2011 Carrera S - Grey
No Name - 2016 Ford F150 Lariat - White
BikePump - 1964 Stock Husband - Summer Bronzed
Old 02-27-2017, 05:26 PM

N0tt0N has five HoF threadsN0tt0N has five HoF threadsN0tt0N has five HoF threadsN0tt0N has five HoF threadsN0tt0N has five HoF threads

Ya got me, Marshall!
2016 Mazda CX-5 (Her DD)
2002 Boxster S (Gone) - Ragtop Blechster - Pura Patina!

Dorkiphus: I buy it for the articles