2020 ROCK the SUMMIT PCA Club Race Sept 18/19/20 - Page 3 - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Technical & Track Disussions > Track Talk » 2020 ROCK the SUMMIT PCA Club Race Sept 18/19/20

Track Talk A place to talk about Track and DE Events, share driving tips and other Track related items.

Old 09-21-2020, 03:18 PM
Essential Personnel

VaSteve has one HoF thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillC View Post
Many thanks to Pat and all the volunteers!

Had a great time at the race. Managed to set a new PB during the enduro, and now I'm only 2 seconds a lap behind Hunt.
Bill which one was your car?
Old 09-21-2020, 03:33 PM

SilverStreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by billc View Post
many thanks to pat and all the volunteers!

Had a great time at the race. Managed to set a new pb during the enduro, and now i'm only 2 seconds a lap behind hunt.

Vimeo
https://www.youtube.com/user/Streak986

1999 SPB #611
2004 Wrangler

“That’s how people like you work. Your ego is so out of whack that it will do what ever it can to protect itself. And people with a messed up ego can do these mental gymnastics to convince themselves they’re awesome when really they are just douche bags” - Kyle, South Park

"If you need to focus maybe you should buy the book and take it home" - MLIN
Old 09-21-2020, 03:39 PM
Have a Grateful day

Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverStreak View Post

ouch

'19 991 GT3 RS Weissach
'08 997 PCA H class
'89 930 Targa
'18 F150 Raptor
'16 991 GT3 RS
'18 991 GT2 RS
'16 AMG GT S
'10 997 GT3 RS
'07 997 GT3
'09 Aston Martin DBS
'96 993 H Class
'14 F150 Raptor
Old 09-21-2020, 04:23 PM

Dandelion

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaSteve View Post
I think he was actually faster once it was gone!

Or at least the competition backed off a little.

That was fun to watch but Needs More Cars.
I dunno - the 53 cars registered for the Orange Enduro were causing some nightmares for Timing and Grid. Funny that only 21 cars registered for Yellow Enduro.

2016 GT4
2012 Cayman R
2005 Lotus Elise
1994 RX-7 R2
Old 09-21-2020, 04:55 PM
Essential Personnel

VaSteve has one HoF thread

Yeah the yellow enduro had more people supporting it than racing. I think only 16 started.
Old 09-21-2020, 07:12 PM

SilverStreak

I'm still buzzing from such a great weekend. The Potomac chapter just hit it out of the park again under odd and difficult circumstances. They truly outdid themselves. Doing the same event year after year is hard work but this year they couldn't do that event, they had to create a new event. And that they did!

The other stars of the weekend were Atlanta Speedwerks. Todd Lamb, Brian, Kevin and Mike prepped my car relentlessly along with some fine tuning of the driver. The result was a clean sweep of the weekend and most importantly I got my my track record back. The old record was an embarrassingly slow 1:23.383 set by a man from far away. The new record, my record, is a mind bendingly fast 1:23.377. BOOYAH!

Could not have happened without ATLSPEEDWERKS. Every time I came off track they got my feed back and made adjustments. I can't thank them enough.

Still improvements to make. I was surprised at the bad habits I had developed at my home track. I'll continue to try to put Todd's words into action but for now this isn't the prettiest lap but it got the job done:

https://youtu.be/b0MIka-QPLY
Vimeo

1999 SPB #611
2004 Wrangler

“That’s how people like you work. Your ego is so out of whack that it will do what ever it can to protect itself. And people with a messed up ego can do these mental gymnastics to convince themselves they’re awesome when really they are just douche bags” - Kyle, South Park

Old 09-21-2020, 07:20 PM

BillC has one HoF thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaSteve View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillC View Post
Many thanks to Pat and all the volunteers!

Had a great time at the race. Managed to set a new PB during the enduro, and now I'm only 2 seconds a lap behind Hunt.
Bill which one was your car?
Silver SPB, #5.

Quote:

Fine, rub it in. At least I'm not cheating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandelion View Post
I dunno - the 53 cars registered for the Orange Enduro were causing some nightmares for Timing and Grid. Funny that only 21 cars registered for Yellow Enduro.
The racers don't get to choose which enduro they're in. The registration folks decide that.

Previous:
1973 914 1.7 1/4 impulse
2012 Cayman R warp 4
2006 Cayman S warp 3
1999 SPB warp 2, maybe
1966 911 warp 1.5
Old 09-21-2020, 10:52 PM
Colorado's finest

Dr K has two HoF threadsDr K has two HoF threads

Quote:
I'm still buzzing from such a great weekend. The Potomac chapter just hit it out of the park again under odd and difficult circumstances. They truly outdid themselves. Doing the same event year after year is hard work but this year they couldn't do that event, they had to create a new event. And that they did!

The other stars of the weekend were Atlanta Speedwerks. Todd Lamb, Brian, Kevin and Mike prepped my car relentlessly along with some fine tuning of the driver. The result was a clean sweep of the weekend and most importantly I got my my track record back. The old record was an embarrassingly slow 1:23.383 set by a man from far away. The new record, my record, is a mind bendingly fast 1:23.377. BOOYAH!

Could not have happened without ATLSPEEDWERKS. Every time I came off track they got my feed back and made adjustments. I can't thank them enough.

Still improvements to make. I was surprised at the bad habits I had developed at my home track. I'll continue to try to put Todd's words into action but for now this isn't the prettiest lap but it got the job done:

https://youtu.be/b0MIka-QPLY
Shit, Hunt, that's quick. Anybody else here remember when Hunt only thought he was fast?

2016 Cayman S
1999 Miata ("SM") race car
2016 Toyota Highlander--tow vehicle/wife's DD
2017 VW GTI SE (DD)

Gone and missed:
1992 Miata ("SSM") race car
2009 911 C2S Coupe
2004 Toyota Prius - sold to son's girlfriend
2006 Dodge Durango
2003 Acura MDX
86 Black 911 Coupe race car
86 Gold 911 Targa
82 WineRedMetallic 911 Targa
Old 09-22-2020, 07:03 AM

SilverStreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr K View Post
Shit, Hunt, that's quick. Anybody else here remember when Hunt only thought he was fast?
Vimeo

1999 SPB #611
2004 Wrangler

Old 09-22-2020, 10:07 AM

Der ABT

Was definitely a good weekend. JUST WISH THE FAMILY COULD HAVE COME........short rant, but first time in 11 years no wife or kids came and put a hamper on my Anniversary as well. Not sure where the decision for no one under 18 came from but not happy with it the other recent pca races allowed, scca, aer at summit week before allowed etc....rant over.

Thanks to all the volunteers as always, its great know alot of you but amazing to see how many new faces are wrangled in to allowing us to have fun. Was a really good event as usual, registration was a surprisingly pleasant and pain free affair.

Ev workers, gotta love those guys, we gave em too much work but man they are great. Flaggers, really appreciate all you do. What I saw was some top notch flagging again per usual.

My weekend went pretty well, qualy and Sprint one the dreaded fan belt monster came out and I threw 3 belts on track...qualy I got 1 warm up lap, belt, replaced and unknowingly illegally went back out and instantly thre that on. New pulley installed.....race 1....grided 9th I think, made my way to second by lap 2 or 3....fan belt went again.....race over. Intersport got it fixed again....went out and had a great race 2, won after Dwayne broke an axel on the last lap and had fastest race lap dipping in the 21s again.
Enduro grided 10 overall I think, had a good race early with Dwayne, then was able to make a 20 second gap or so after a double yellow. After the pits had a 15 or 20 second gap with 10 minutes left in the race. Spun in turn 10 to avoid some contact with a lapped car....gathered it up and finished tail to nose just in front of Dwayne with some very unhappy tires.

Got to see alot of people with giant smiles....None bigger and BMan and MrsBMan...really glad he finally had a good clubrace weekend with Noone hitting him.

Congrats to Terrence, rookie weekend and for a workers choice....ooooooo yeh congrats man.
Congrats to all the other potomac drivers all represented very very well on home turf

Will get some videos up later.
2015 E stock national champion
Close Motorsports - Driver Coaching and Data Equipment sales
Website coming soon
Old
http://retaliatemotorsports.blogspot.com/