991.1TT PASM/PADM Fault - Durametric question - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Technical & Track Disussions > Porsche Technical Discussions » 991.1TT PASM/PADM Fault - Durametric question

Porsche Technical Discussions Porsche related technical discussions and questions go here.

Old 08-30-2019, 01:03 PM

KONG
Default 991.1TT PASM/PADM Fault - Durametric question

All,

I recently had a battery discharged in my 991.1TT which triggered a PASM/PADM fault in the memory. After searching numerous forums and threads, I've tried a everything from buying a new battery, re-calibrating the Steering Angle Sensor and using the iCarSoft POR II scanner (which for the 991's, does not have an option to clear PASM/PADM faults). From what I've seen, it looks like the active engine mounts fail but and I'm hoping it's a coincidence that the faults appeared due to the battery being severely discharged. I'd like to try clearing the code first to see if it's just the code.

I wanted to float the following questions -
1) Has anyone here experienced similar faults due to battery drain and how was it resolved?

2) Scanners - I know the popular options out there are the Durametric and iCarSoft POR II. I found that the latter cannot clear PASM/PADM faults but does anyone know if the Durametric (enthusiast version) can do this specifically for the 991.1? My Snap-On Solus Ultra does not have the Porsche update (they want one of my limbs for it) and the POR II couldn't clear PASM warnings.

Been drinking from a fire hose trying to digest/learn as much as I can and I think I've reached a point where everything feels like a blur. Any help from folks would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-30-2019, 08:48 PM

BillC has one HoF thread

I have a Durametric Pro. No idea if it'll do what you need, but you are welcome to come over and we can give it a try. Send me a PM if interested.

Previous:
1973 914 1.7 1/4 impulse
2012 Cayman R warp 4
2006 Cayman S warp 3
1999 SPB warp 2, maybe
1966 911 warp 1.5
Old 09-02-2019, 07:23 AM
Colorado's finest

Dr K has two HoF threadsDr K has two HoF threads

Hey, Kenny--welcome to the board. Go here to introduce yourself.

Kenny is a friend of mine, but despite that he's a great guy!

2016 Cayman S
1999 Miata ("SM") race car
2016 Toyota Highlander--tow vehicle/wife's DD
2017 VW GTI SE (DD)

Gone and missed:
1992 Miata ("SSM") race car
2009 911 C2S Coupe
2004 Toyota Prius - sold to son's girlfriend
2006 Dodge Durango
2003 Acura MDX
86 Black 911 Coupe race car
86 Gold 911 Targa
82 WineRedMetallic 911 Targa
Old 09-02-2019, 03:27 PM

spiffyjiff

is this similar to when there's a PSM fault right after disconnecting / changing the battery? (the remedy being "just drive it around for a few mins and it clears itself")
Old 09-04-2019, 10:54 PM

KONG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr K View Post
Hey, Kenny--welcome to the board. Go here to introduce yourself.

Kenny is a friend of mine, but despite that he's a great guy!
Thanks for referring me here doc- got a chance to connect with Bill C who lended a helping hand with his durometric pro. Looking forward to learning and contributing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiffyjiff View Post
is this similar to when there's a PSM fault right after disconnecting / changing the battery? (the remedy being "just drive it around for a few mins and it clears itself")
Spiff- yes, it’s the same type of error. Unfortunately I tried everything from turning the wheel lock to lock before driving straight to recalibrate the steering angle sensor to different code scanners (iCarSoft and duro pro); none of which were able to reset/clear the PASM fault.

The result was me taking it over to Porsche Silver Spring where Jesse South really took care of me. They just reset things with the PIWIS and off I went. I’ve serviced all my previous BMW’s at BMW silver spring (both part of MileOne conglomerate) and the tradition continues with the excellent service.