Shots fired at Summit point today? - Page 6 - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Technical & Track Disussions > Track Talk » Shots fired at Summit point today?

Track Talk A place to talk about Track and DE Events, share driving tips and other Track related items.

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2020, 06:15 PM
Pro DE driver

good hands

I was never a gun person until someone tried to break into my home at 3 in the morning. Didn't own one, didn't want one. All I had was a baseball bat and a German Shepherd. It took the county sheriff 15 minutes to get to my house. Luckily for me the perpetrator didn't make it inside. Now I'm an NRA member and owner of several assault weapons....well, according to my black face governor.

2014 GTB1 World Champion
8 Time National DE champion

88 911 Cup
13 Boxster S
1969 Saab Sonett
2005 Cayenne
2013 Cayenne
2014 F150
Hurricane race trailer with A/C
05 Cup car
02 Koni 996
Old 07-13-2020, 06:36 PM
Make Dorki Great Again

BlackTalon

Next time you call it in tell them it's at a donut shop, and not a residence.

- 2021 quickly disappearing...
Old 07-13-2020, 06:44 PM

SilverStreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackTalon View Post
You are changing your claim that words kill more people than guns. Guns, poison/ gas, etc. killed people.

Make up your mind if you are arguing figuratively (like you are now) or literally (like your statement to Kurt that stated this side bar).
My statement stands. It's not figurative. History is a thing

To follow you down the rabbit hole, guns don't kill nor does gas or poison or knives and swords. People kill people.

And people speak the words that lead to people killing people with guns and knives and gas.
Vimeo
https://www.youtube.com/user/Streak986

1999 SPB #611
2004 Wrangler

“That’s how people like you work. Your ego is so out of whack that it will do what ever it can to protect itself. And people with a messed up ego can do these mental gymnastics to convince themselves they’re awesome when really they are just douche bags” - Kyle, South Park

"If you need to focus maybe you should buy the book and take it home" - MLIN
Old 07-13-2020, 06:44 PM
Pro DE driver

good hands

Quote:
Next time you call it in tell them it's at a donut shop, and not a residence.
It's all fun and games until they try to get into the garage. Lock and load....Game on....

2014 GTB1 World Champion
8 Time National DE champion

88 911 Cup
13 Boxster S
1969 Saab Sonett
2005 Cayenne
2013 Cayenne
2014 F150
Hurricane race trailer with A/C
05 Cup car
02 Koni 996
Old 07-13-2020, 07:11 PM

HoodPin

For crikes sake.....stopping egging Hunt on. This is the most fun he's had in a long time.

Currently
- 1984 944 SP2 racer
- 1977 911 KM Special vintage racer
- 2012 Cayman R (also the wife's)
- 2000 Boxster S (now mine)

- 1995 993 (garage queen)
- 2007 Cayman S (wife's track beast)
- 2017 F350 (tow monster)
- 2018 Jeep Wrangler

Gone but not forgotten
- 1989 944S2
- 1979 RX7
- 1986 944
- 1991 944S2 (in car heaven...)
- 2001 Chevy Suburban 2500 (FIL's beast now)
Old 07-13-2020, 07:16 PM

SilverStreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodPin View Post
For crikes sake.....stopping egging Hunt on. This is the most fun he's had in a long time.
It is!
Vimeo

1999 SPB #611
2004 Wrangler

“That’s how people like you work. Your ego is so out of whack that it will do what ever it can to protect itself. And people with a messed up ego can do these mental gymnastics to convince themselves they’re awesome when really they are just douche bags” - Kyle, South Park

Old 07-13-2020, 07:20 PM
Make Dorki Great Again

BlackTalon

I've been worried lately that Hunt seemed to have lost his passion

- 2021 quickly disappearing...
Old 07-13-2020, 07:24 PM
Essential Personnel

VaSteve has one HoF thread

Quote:
I've been worried lately that Hunt seemed to have lost his passion
LOL
Old 07-13-2020, 08:46 PM
Porkchop & SGB for prez!

Vicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverStreak View Post
Nah. You just confirmed your arrogance.

"Keeper of the tooth" and "poor owners" and "new owners" and blah blah blah

It's only solid ground if the great Kurt M thinks it is. Keep looking down that nose.

I referred to the laws regarding SP and PCA because that's part of what this thread is about. I also wanted to inform any who are reading this.

It wasn't about you . . .

My reaction is to post #8

I never said you didn't know guns could be kept locked up. I presented a scenario by which someone might want to carry as they travel to and from a track weekend and what to do when they get to a PCA gun free zone.

Reading comprehension is a thing.

And you pat yourself on the back for adding even more restrictions to a right that already has far too many restrictions on it? Really?

Virginia is the 4th safest state in the union even with one of the murder capitals of the East Coast sharing a border. We don't need anymore laws nor do we need your help. In fact please don't help.

All the laws in Kurt's moral utopia are flatly ignored by the very people you don't want to have guns.

I wasn't aware of the specific WV law regarding what SP and PCA can actually restrict until now. I just went by the "no firearms allowed" rule.

This incident spurred me to check more into it rather than just blindly follow along like a sheep. Hopefully others are now informed.

And if you think it's OK to keep a gun in the truck at the track then why the histrionics?

And just an FYI, words have killed far more people than guns. Maybe you should start working on whittling away the 1st Amendment too?
Keeper of the tooth is my funny of the week . The person shooting steel was too stupid to comprehend that “ping” was not the end of the story. Lack of training led to this person putting others at mortal risk and putting gun owners in a bad light. This entire thread would not exist except for poor judgement on the part of the shooter. Period.
Newgun owner. We are awash in people frightened into getting a gun after thinking soon they can’t or before the boogeyman gets them. A new gun owner is the guy in fast lane doing 40 with his blinker on. Can he drive? Mostly. Are they informed and low risk to us all? Much less so. NRA use to have all kinds of good stuff in the mag and in person for good ownership. Now it all send in more money they are coming for you! (And we want a new jet and blew the rest on failed ideas paid to ourselves)

Poor is not impoverished poor is crappy, poor is slack and sloppy. Short of the mark of standard. Poor driving poor marksmanship. Why do have to explain that?

What is your obsession with pinning some kind of Kurts morality on this? Since when is the desire to improve the education of a group a bad thing? DE much? After a show of gun owner stupidity and the pissing on a car forum I say I think we need more training and less shouting like yours and you grunt, clamber up on a soap box and rant all about what I am all about missing the intent. I go on to discuss people and you are all about the bad guy, Kurt.

“Guns don’t kill people” is a simple chant trying to cover complex issues. It only makes sense if you disregard the human element. Words can kill people but steel is the leverage. Can you kill me bare handed? Quite likely not. I fight dirty too. Can I clean out an office building after years of practical shooting comp? You bet your ass I could make a real ugly run of it. Bare handed? No. Guns don’t kill alone. Hammers don’t build ether. People with guns and ill intent can do so with efficiency. I am not looking to ban them, hell I am looking for a larger vault as mine is kind of cramped. I want to see common sense the driving force so the non owners are not in fear of us owners and we all go after the bad guys. I remember back when that was the standard.

Again. If it was ok to be armed at SP why the clutching of pearls? Weren’t you armed?

“Those that can make you believe in absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” Voltaire.

"There is grandeur in this view of life...." Darwin.

The mountains are calling and I must go.

“The earth has music for those who listen”
Shakespeare.

You Matter.
(Until you multiply yourself times the speed of light squared. Then you Energy)

“We’ve got lots of theories, we just don’t have the evidence’.

Last edited by Vicegrip; 07-13-2020 at 09:09 PM.
Old 07-13-2020, 09:59 PM

SilverStreak

Lol. That's some rambling chest thumping nonsense right there
Attached Images

Vimeo

1999 SPB #611
2004 Wrangler

Closed Thread