'71 914-6 Restoration - Page 27 - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Technical & Track Disussions > Porsche Technical Discussions » '71 914-6 Restoration

Porsche Technical Discussions Porsche related technical discussions and questions go here.

Old 09-08-2021, 02:01 PM
Porkchop & SGB for prez!

Vicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threads

Be sure to look at stroke length or distance between the bottom of the lift arm and the floor at full stroke. Some lifts go higher than others. A short lift is a chore. Some lifts have tall strokes but are themselves not taller.

“Those that can make you believe in absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” Voltaire.

"There is grandeur in this view of life...." Darwin.

The mountains are calling and I must go.

“The earth has music for those who listen”
Shakespeare.

You Matter.
(Until you multiply yourself times the speed of light squared. Then you Energy)
Old 09-08-2021, 03:47 PM

Cairo94507

Ahhhhh, I see. Then yes, I would want an asymmetric, low profile lift. That answers those question. Thank you edevinney.
Old 09-25-2021, 09:56 AM

Cairo94507

So this is moving along nicely and will record on 9/30. The bummer is I will have to bow out of the West Coast Ramble (WCR) this year because I will be tied up dealing with the new home. We hope to be completely moved in before Thanksgiving. I am just going to go in there and paint and replace existing carpets so we can live comfortably while we decide what we will do to it. I know it will get a full garage remodel. I will also do a complete kitchen and 3 bathrooms. Probably open a few doorways up much bigger. Really, after the last few homes this one will be a walk in the park.

The real fun will be my brother's ADU - Additional Domestic Unit. My twin brother and I are very close- best friends. He currently lives about 5 miles from me. He wants to retire too and when my wife and I offered to let him build a home on our property he said, "Yes". That will be prefect as then he will be close and we can build the garage we want. I won't know until we draw plans and submit, but the plan would be to maximize his 1200 sq. ft. of living space by making a mechanical room as part of the garage, so it will house a laundry, pantry and all of the house HVAC, on-demand hot water, electrical panel, etc.

Last edited by Cairo94507; 09-26-2021 at 09:21 AM.
Old 10-08-2021, 09:55 AM

Cairo94507

Been busy with the new home and selling the old home. Now that it is sold I have been packing a little every day and then every time I go up to the new place I take a truckload.

I have already removed all of my "wall art" filled the holes and painted so the garage looks like new. The buyers were blown away by the garage and have a 6 year old son who already loves cars so they believe they will make good use of the garage as he grows.

Today I am taking a break to attend our local Cars 'n Coffee. It may be the last time I attend with my car for a little while.
Attached Images