924s electrical help - Dorkiphus.net

Porsche Technical Discussions Porsche related technical discussions and questions go here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2023, 02:14 PM

Danjk2
Default 924s electrical help

Making progress on my 924s project.

Too many things to list, but typically 2 steps forward, one back.

Finished refinishing front sway and adding new hardware and bushings.

Currently recovering the seats with new pascha covers. Screwed up the back and had to peel it again and re-do. Slow.

Lots of switches, hoses, etc.

The wiring for the headlights are Frankenstein. A total shit show. More surprising is it worked. Till this last weekend. One of the many headlight wires and the hood release cable got wrapped around the driver side lifting mechanism. I was able to sort out, and shocking the motor to raise and lower still works, but I lost the driver lamp. Can post pics of the mess later tonight.

I have a new uprated headlight loom. Without much direction. And there are so many wires, splices, random stuff in the old set up, I'm really not confident. I also don't have many photos or access to an early 944 or 924 in order to see how its done right.

Any recommendations on an electrical specific mechanic that might help put this to bed for me? I'd also love a photo or two of the specific headlight wiring each side if you could share. Much thanks.
2017 Macan GTS