Airbag light on in 997 cab - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Technical & Track Disussions > Porsche Technical Discussions » Airbag light on in 997 cab

Porsche Technical Discussions Porsche related technical discussions and questions go here.

Old 10-25-2019, 01:40 PM

scottie997
Default Airbag light on in 997 cab

Now I have another problem. My airbag light just came on and a local shop using the computer indicated it was an "acceleration sensor" that is behind the front bumper. As such, the front bumper needs to be removed to allow replacement. Also, it may be recommended to replace both front bumper sensors since removing/returning the bumper is labor-intensive.
My question is this--when I had an airbag light come on in my old BMW, only the dealership could do the repair due to liability concerns. Should one go to the dealership to deal with an airbag light or can I feel comfortable having a local shop do the work? And how good are these computers in making the diagnosis?
Thanks.
Old 11-09-2019, 02:00 PM

patience has one HoF thread

An independent shop can definitely replace the airbag sensors. It's not all that hard, I had the exact same error on my 05' 911 and replaced both the sensors myself.